Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #46
strongbad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
I like the high-quality suspension and chassis approach Ducati is taking with this bike. I've been waiting for Ducati to re-introduce the 650 multistrada ever since the 1200 multi came out...something under 400lbs and about 50hp. This hyperstrada is too much hp, too much weight, and too much cost. I guess I'll keep waiting...
strongbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #47
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,818
I forone am very excited. I think the tank is a little smaller than it should be. What do you guys think the range will be?

I'm hoping to see one at the Toronto motorcycle show next week.i think as a concept, it should be good. I think the SP version with the touring stuff will be perfect.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #48
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
I like the high-quality suspension and chassis approach Ducati is taking with this bike. I've been waiting for Ducati to re-introduce the 650 multistrada ever since the 1200 multi came out...something under 400lbs and about 50hp. This hyperstrada is too much hp, too much weight, and too much cost. I guess I'll keep waiting...
The Multistrada 620 was one of the most fun bikes I've ridden - way more nimble than the 1100, but it was 61 hp and just over 400 lbs.
The new Hyperstrada is one of 3 new Hypermotard models. The lightest is just over 400, but still has that re-tuned 848.
I do agree that it don't need 110 hp, but I'm dying to get a ride on it!
It might, might, persuade me to get it instead of a monster this spring.
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #49
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,516
I quite like it. Light and fun. Kind of the other end of the spectrum to the Trophy..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #50
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 4,459
I have been waiting for this one for quite some time. I was figuring I would have to get one of the 1100 Hypermotards and let Belleview Ducati up in Seattle do there adventure conversion to it but I see that Ducati has done it for me! I like the updated 820 water cooled motor and the power / torque clams satisfy me along with the weight. I just wonder how long before the aftermarket boys get geared up…

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #51
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I am very interested in this bike. For my style of riding it ticks most all of the boxes and at a price that fits within what I am willing to spend. I look forward to seeing so test reports and taking a test ride next year.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #52
ohpyramids
Latebird

Oddometer: 50
@justkip. Dont get a monster. Trust me.
ohpyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpyramids View Post
@justkip. Dont get a monster. Trust me.
I'm not a big fan of thread hijack, but I really wants me a nekkid roadster. That's what I been saving up for.
Why NOT a Monster, as opposed to a Thruxton?

IF I get a Hyperstrada it would be to Replace the GS, instead of being a second bike...not a bad idea, but not a touring bike And a naked roadster.
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
zooomgovroom
hooligan-esque

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
and see this is exactly what I like about it, the dirt bike feel of sitting right behind the front wheel!
ask Nicky...here he is playin with it ( see below )

Quote:
sfrider300 • Yesterday 08:44 PM
From that pic, the screen looks to be slightly bigger than a flyscreen. Probably just takes some pressure off the chest, head and shoulders will be in the breeze, hopefully clean. Seems appropo for the concept, but it sure is funny-lookin.
I expect it to have a bit more than the regular version. but not by much...

Quote:
98940 • Yesterday 08:53 PM
this side shot is growing on me...
I think this side shot is better!!!

-12/19/07-zarn02 on the DML
zooomgovroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #55
ganze
apocalyptic defender

Oddometer: 480
oh my, been waiting for this one. can't wait for the aftermarket exhausts to get up to speed with it. The extra near gallon will help get down the road another 20-25 miles given how that thing begs to be ridden.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #56
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

So I noticed there is a new Forum dedicated specifically to the Hyperstrada, looks to have been created by the oem over at Hyperstrada.com, no affiliation, like we all need another forum to pay attention to......

Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #57
aalegado
Team Gear Whore

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
Were there any in the first place? All that I've seen were sitting on the showroom floor with big discounts, and a salesman that basically said, You don't want one of those...
There's one or two of us.

What alternatives was that salesman pushing?

I'm actually interested in the Hyperstrada as a replacement for my Shiver. The touring features (read: wind protection) are an area of interest. The extra horses are persuasive as well. I've not read anything about the mileage. Anyone have any idea what range of MPGs this bike might offer?

aalegado screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 10:03 PM
aalegado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #58
Gun Smoke
Banned

Oddometer: 312
I think I counted five post bemoaning suspension travel. Get real people. You know damn well you won't use all that travel in the first place; seems like bitching for the sake of bitching to me. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys plan on taking your Hyperstrada with panniers, top case, center stand, and a windshield on 10' jumps while wearing your Klim adventure suit (not). I'm sure the travel will be fine for the gravel roads you guys might ride on. If you want a 400# touring bike with long suspension turn an XR650 into a chuck wagon like this guy did.

Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #59
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
I think I counted five post bemoaning suspension travel. Get real people. You know damn well you won't use all that travel in the first place; seems like bitching for the sake of bitching to me. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys plan on taking your Hyperstrada with panniers, top case, center stand, and a windshield on 10' jumps while wearing your Klim adventure suit (not). I'm sure the travel will be fine for the gravel roads you guys might ride on. If you want a 400# touring bike with long suspension turn an XR650 into a chuck wagon like this guy did.

Well said!

Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #60
gallinastrips
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 702
likes like a scooter hybrid