ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
jimmibanke OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Do other wheels fit on the 950/990

I was just wondering if there where other wheels that could fit on the 950/990 adventure single or double disc?

Im thinking of stronger motorcross wheels etc... 21/18

thanks

regards from denmark
jimmibanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
veltex
powerball win needed

Oddometer: 40
what he said

veltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
jimmibanke OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like its a topic not many have experience with...:-)

I know that the front disc from the 950/990 can be mounted on severel other bikes, (same bolt pattern)

Maybe in some cases its the same hub? But dont know
Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,179
Probably the guys that know and are looking for a second set are being tight lipped. That said,,, the rear will accept ones from the SE and 690 with a spacer change. The front not so easy unless you go with a single rotor. Then you can use SE and 690 fronts also.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,248
Hejsa Jimmi

Følger lystigt med jeres 950 tråde på tenere siden. Skønt at se så mange med nogle ordentlige maskiner efterhånden. Min kan godt nok ikke køre, men kig da forbi Struer engang. Paw kender både min hustru og jeg.

Regarding the subject; I bought, years ago, a complete set from KTM summer. 21/18, 8000,- i think it set me back but boy these can take some beatings. Ridden the Danish westcoast many times(Agger - Skagen) and while standing on the pegs falling a "sleep". I have literally driven straight through wash-up pallets. Front is ok, but when the rear hits the pallet it just disintegrate. Or Hahn wheel Holland can make some custom for your taste. My dream for my project would be a killer setup from Woody. Then i will be able to ride straight through the Nuke-storm when Iran gets crazy.

The strong setup...the others are more or less squared.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
jimmibanke OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Hejsa Jimmi

Følger lystigt med jeres 950 tråde på tenere siden. Skønt at se så mange med nogle ordentlige maskiner efterhånden. Min kan godt nok ikke køre, men kig da forbi Struer engang. Paw kender både min hustru og jeg.

Regarding the subject; I bought, years ago, a complete set from KTM summer. 21/18, 8000,- i think it set me back but boy these can take some beatings. Ridden the Danish westcoast many times(Agger - Skagen) and while standing on the pegs falling a "sleep". I have literally driven straight through wash-up pallets. Front is ok, but when the rear hits the pallet it just disintegrate. Or Hahn wheel Holland can make some custom for your taste. My dream for my project would be a killer setup from Woody. Then i will be able to ride straight through the Nuke-storm when Iran gets crazy.

The strong setup...the others are more or less squared.

Jamen det vil jeg da mægtig gerne, så kan jeg se dit bæst af en cykel (har også fuldt med i dine tråde;-) og hvis den er færdig til den tid kan vi da tage en vesterhavs tur måske? lad os aftale nærmere:-)

Im on a budget hence im looking for other cheaper alternatives like motorcross wheels etc..., but wheels from woody`s or hahn sure could be nice!!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,248
Well if you sort out some converter for the standard exc front 26mm(Adv is 30mm). It should be a no brainer.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 816
Wheels that fit 950/990

What I know that works on a SE. 950 ADV front and rear will go on the SE with the SE spacers. 690 fronts will go on the SE with SE spacers, 690 rears won't go on the SE. Newer EXC/MXC front will go on the SE with EXC/MXC spacers. So i would think that SE wheels can go on a ADV with ADV spacers(but single disk). 690 fronts would be the same and EXC/MXC also, with the ADV spacers. Rears theres not much for choices. I bought a bent front EXC wheel and drilled out the spoke holes and laced a Dirt Star rim with stock SE spokes.Bought a bent ADV front and laced a 19" Excell with Bucanhans spokes. The cheapest way I could find to have more than one set of wheels. Having more than one set is priceless.

dogsslober screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 05:39 PM Reason: spellling?
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote