Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
Epictetus70
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Sidi just came out with these....they're called "Armada." I have the Canyon boot and they're great.....feel a little naked when I'm out on the dirt. They are very comfortable. I had my local BMW moto shop order the Adventure Gore tex and the Armada's to see which one I like more. Here's a link to a youtube video on the Armada's as well. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKgOlozYQMw

Epictetus70 screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 01:42 PM
Epictetus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #17
freyke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
I've got these - had them about 18 months and I ride most days and these are great in all temp ranges. Water proof is a bit of a reach though. I have rubber overboots for those really wet commutes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gaer...Oon30gGChID4Dw
freyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #18
Beekeeper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Question Adv Boots

Hi All,

I'm looking to replace my HG adventure styled boots. Anyone got any experience or want to comment on the Sidi Adventure boot. It's top dollar but appears to be a decent boot, comments please.

Ta

Mike
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #19
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 911
I've got both the CBT Lites and the Gaerne Balance Oiled. I loved the CBTs right up to the point that I got the Gaernes, haven't worn them since, but....

The CBTs are nice boots, and I'll probably use them more often in the winter since I don't need to worry so much about whether or not they're waterproof, or how comfortable they are walking around. They are reasonably comfortable, and I think they'd fare just fine in an on-road crash, as the leather is really heavy.

Had I bought the Gaernes first, I wouldn't have looked at the CBTs. They offer slightly more protection with their shinguard, they don't have the goofy lace system the CBTs have, and they're absolutely waterproof. They're also more comfortable for riding and walking.

Be honest with yourself about the kind of riding you do. If your 30% off-road is gravel driveways and farm roads, either of these boots are fine. If you're honestly doing gnarly MX stuff on your $20,000+, 600 pound BMW, you're a better man than I, and you'll want boots with more protection.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:31 AM   #20
Wdwrkr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
Sidi Discovery Rain...nuf' said..
love mine, but they squeak loudly while walking. I would love to know how to shut them up. At first I thought they would break in, but 6000 miles into them and they still squeak. Beyond the public embarasment they are the most comfortable boots Ive ever ridden in
Wdwrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #21
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
Wrong section... should be asking in the "Equipment" section, but I'm sure a mod will move this for you.

Also, there's a search feature in the upper right corner. Navigate to the "Equipment section", click "Search this forum", and you get some results like this:

http://advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=20531149

That may get you going!
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #22
RomaDakota
Illuminatus

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by freyke View Post
I've got these - had them about 18 months and I ride most days and these are great in all temp ranges. Water proof is a bit of a reach though. I have rubber overboots for those really wet commutes.
Riding in rain, standing in creeks - mine have never leaked.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #23
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
I've got both the CBT Lites and the Gaerne Balance Oiled. I loved the CBTs right up to the point that I got the Gaernes, haven't worn them since, but....

The CBTs are nice boots, and I'll probably use them more often in the winter since I don't need to worry so much about whether or not they're waterproof, or how comfortable they are walking around. They are reasonably comfortable, and I think they'd fare just fine in an on-road crash, as the leather is really heavy.

Had I bought the Gaernes first, I wouldn't have looked at the CBTs. They offer slightly more protection with their shinguard, they don't have the goofy lace system the CBTs have, and they're absolutely waterproof. They're also more comfortable for riding and walking.

Be honest with yourself about the kind of riding you do. If your 30% off-road is gravel driveways and farm roads, either of these boots are fine. If you're honestly doing gnarly MX stuff on your $20,000+, 600 pound BMW, you're a better man than I, and you'll want boots with more protection.
I gave my CBT a treatment with Snoseal and waterproof hasn't been a problem. They aren't the most comfortable to walk in though. I may have to try the Gaernes.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #24
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdwrkr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
Sidi Discovery Rain...nuf' said..
love mine, but they squeak loudly while walking. I would love to know how to shut them up. At first I thought they would break in, but 6000 miles into them and they still squeak. Beyond the public embarasment they are the most comfortable boots Ive ever ridden in
They're noisy all right, but not THAT bad. And you can walk in them pretty well but they're not hiking boots. Very comfortable while riding and good protection.

JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #25
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 827
Thor 50/50. Noce comfortable for general use. Pretty good for light or moderate off road. They are by no means water proof though. But contrary to popular opinion the only waterproof boot I have is the pair of lined rubber boots I have. Everything else has or will leak at some point.
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Plane Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #26
travelsomewhere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
sidi

got em, love em, buy em! they are worth every penny and you will never have to think about boots again
travelsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #27
Beer Bear
Island Adventurer

Oddometer: 8
Sidi Adventure Boots

Used the Adventure Goretex version this past year, they are great boots! Comfortable, waterproof boots which offer great protection. You won't be disappointed.
Beer Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #28
BigDave75
Will Work for Food!

Oddometer: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTL View Post
Sidi Adventure Gortex...

[IMG][/IMG]

Amen, I've had these for two years and love them, easy on, easy off and completely waterproof!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #29
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
I have the CB lites, second sole . Now I have the Adventure Rain boots . They both have their place for me .
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #30
Gillus
High Desert Rat

Oddometer: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwood99 View Post
One of the best, if not THE best overall boots has to be Sidi On-Road Boots. They have been around forever, are waterproof, very comfortable and reasonably protective. Whether they are enough protection for your 30% off road I think depends on how aggressive your riding is.
+1, they can get/feel hot when it is hot outside but all "boots" are that way. They are farily light and comfortable.
Gillus is offline   Reply With Quote