ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #31
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik View Post
With all due respect, sir, it's not that simple. There are a great many--a majority in your state of WA last election, I believe--who might be generally characterized as believing that we'd see a lot of 'wreckage' in other aspects of our society if we just simply elected in all right-wing, conservative tea-party types. As we've witnessed with the partisan stalemate we've had at the federal level, nothing's gonna get done without balance and compromise. And to that we should wake the fuck up.

you have no clue what you are talking about dude.
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
Just another politically impassioned individual from Oregon giving us their two cents.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #33
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,835
CSM in 3... 2... 1...

Oh, and obligatory puppy pic:
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #34
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 878
Nice collar...it's got red and blue.
what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #35
Wenduro
Agenda 21 Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All,

What most fail to realize is that the wreckage was part of a plan, those who wish to close an area simply allow it to be over used so they have a reason to step in and "save it for the childern". This happens over and OVER, they take a little bit of land from us a piece at a time that results in more people using less land which leads to "wreckage" which leads to CLOSURE to preserve it. WAKE THE FUCK UP, and SEE what is going on, but no you fools just keep voting the same bastards into office and then cry because you have no place to ride.

It has been said that the definition of insanity, is keep repeating the same action over and over again while expecting a different result. Well if that is true what is happening politically can only be classified as INFUCKINGSANE.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Wenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #36
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenduro View Post
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Howdy Wenduro,

Please send $19.95 to me via PM and I'll put you on the mailing list.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #37
Wenduro
Agenda 21 Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Cob View Post
howdy wenduro,

please send $19.95 to me via pm and i'll put you on the mailing list.
lol
Wenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #38
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 8,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik View Post
With all due respect, sir, it's not that simple. There are a great many--a majority in your state of WA last election, I believe--who might be generally characterized as believing that we'd see a lot of 'wreckage' in other aspects of our society if we just simply elected in all right-wing, conservative tea-party types. As we've witnessed with the partisan stalemate we've had at the federal level, nothing's gonna get done without balance and compromise. And to that we should wake the fuck up.

I think that stalemate is well reflected in the attitude in some of the posts in this thread.

"Us vs. Them" gets nothing done, yet it persists.

Some people would rather bitch on the internet than pull a chair up to the table to really work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
Just another politically impassioned individual from Oregon giving us their two cents.
The prosecution rests.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #39
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
I think that stalemate is well reflected in the attitude in some of the posts in this thread.

"Us vs. Them" gets nothing done, yet it persists.

Some people would rather bitch on the internet than pull a chair up to the table to really work it out.

The prosecution rests.
Howdy Shawn,

Kinda hard to take a seat at the table when the game is rigged and the dealer is playing with a stacked deck. Unless and until the dealer is changed and the rules are followed by ALL the players the result of the game is foretold.

Maybe you are aware of the facts surrounding the Rieter Pit area and then again maybe your not, this area is no more a fucking wilderness then is down town seattle but the 1964 wilderness act was the weapon used to close down this and much of the area surrounding Rieter Pit.

When an area that has been logged, mined and lived in for a hundred years can be claimed to be and locked up as a wilderness under the guise of law its high time to call a spade a spade or your not worthy of playing the game.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #40
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 8,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Shawn,

Kinda hard to take a seat at the table when the game is rigged and the dealer is playing with a stacked deck. Unless and until the dealer is changed and the rules are followed by ALL the players the result of the game is foretold.

Maybe you are aware of the facts surrounding the Rieter Pit area and then again maybe your not, this area is no more a fucking wilderness then is down town seattle but the 1964 wilderness act was the weapon used to close down this and much of the area surrounding Rieter Pit.

When an area that has been logged, mined and lived in for a hundred years can be claimed to be and locked up as a wilderness under the guise of law its high time to call a spade a spade or your not worthy of playing the game.
And when everyone sits back and complains that the game is rigged, there is only one group left sitting at the table.

In one breath, people want to affect change and ride an area (like Reiter), on the other, they can't have a grown up discussion with a guy like Matloik without calling him an idiot, essentially.

If the attitudes expressed in these threads are a reflection of the riding community in WA, it is little wonder OHV riding has such a quiet voice in Washington - the vocal ambassadors for OHV areas are a piss poor representation of riders, IMO.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #41
Ned1
Lend Me Yu Choppa

Oddometer: 510
^^ this.
Ned1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #42
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,088
Never called anyone an idiot but did point out that one from Oregon wanted to tell us about state politics vice the actual situation at Reiter.

If those from outside the area had a care for Reiter Pit we would appreciate their help but instead they label us as bad ambassadors. I call that cat-calling from the sideline. Why don't you non-locals actually get involved vs. looking blindly away from the problem? Easy to take a blind-eye when you declare us locals as non-deserved of recreation due to our clumsy resistance.

IMO, anyone riding a bike off-pavement should bind together for the common cause.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #43
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
And when everyone sits back and complains that the game is rigged, there is only one group left sitting at the table.

In one breath, people want to affect change and ride an area (like Reiter), on the other, they can't have a grown up discussion with a guy like Matloik without calling him an idiot, essentially.

If the attitudes expressed in these threads are a reflection of the riding community in WA, it is little wonder OHV riding has such a quiet voice in Washington - the vocal ambassadors for OHV areas are a piss poor representation of riders, IMO.
Howdy Shawn,

I am going to "assume" your talking about someone else calling Inmate "Matloik" an idiot as "I" did not. The politics in the PRoW, have been controlled for decades by the same party, thats not spin thats a FACT. You can't have a discussion when your not even offered a seat at the table.

You folks in Oregon have some wonderful areas to ride, I have enjoyed MANY rides in your part of the country, a prime example being the annual "Black Dog" dual sport rally. Every year Tom is finding it harder and harder to hold any part of that rally in the PRoW, I wouldn't be surprised if he gives up trying.

Every year we have more riding areas taken from us and politically there is NOTHING we can do about it, and don't think for a minute that this isn't political we who live here have been fighting this mindset for years.

Mr. Cob screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 05:34 PM Reason: cuss I put the word "be" in the wrong place in the op.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #44
Aquanout OP
Hooliganantic

Oddometer: 748
So, anyone ride there yet?

Aquanout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,051
Not exactly riding, but pictures from August. I walked the whole planned mileage for this year in under an hour.

Good outing for a GS. Ride up on Highway 2, take a couple mile dirt spin, ride home. Prolly won't even get the fenders muddy. Well, the entrance road of three or four miles of gravel will spray some mud on you.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote