Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #1561
TekurRides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Joel, it's not a problem. I can get some veggie cup-o-noodles that will work for Sampath and me. Else we can also help plan the meals with Mr.G. We are both lacto-ovo vegetarians. Anything works but like Mr.G suggested we would like to get refunds for the dinner else if that is a mess then extra raffle tickets will work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
Joel

How many vegetarians are we talking about? Are we talking "Lacto-Ovo" vegetarians, full on vegetarians or Vegans? I don't do Vegan.

Let me know
TekurRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #1562
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekurRides View Post
Joel, it's not a problem. I can get some veggie cup-o-noodles that will work for Sampath and me. Else we can also help plan the meals with Mr.G. We are both lacto-ovo vegetarians. Anything works but like Mr.G suggested we would like to get refunds for the dinner else if that is a mess then extra raffle tickets will work too.
Dude

"Cup-O-noodles".......

I was thinking Veg Chili w/ Brown rice, 3 cheese stuffed & grilled Jalapenos, grilled asparagus and corn, fire roasted Yams, Dutch oven cobbler ala mode for desert. Decent breads. I will share the veggies with you all grill some Filet's or Ribs for me and my bud cause we eat the Cow and the Pig the Sheep and pretty much any other kind of meat that you put in front of us .

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #1563
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,392
Quote:
Mongo love Spam!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #1564
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
i don't have access to advrider.com at work
They caught on, eh?
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1565
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,450
Quote:
Dude

"Cup-O-noodles".......

I was thinking Veg Chili w/ Brown rice, 3 cheese stuffed & grilled Jalapenos, grilled asparagus and corn, fire roasted Yams, Dutch oven cobbler ala mode for desert. Decent breads. I will share the veggies with you all grill some Filet's or Ribs for me and my bud cause we eat the Cow and the Pig the Sheep and pretty much any other kind of meat that you put in front of us .

Stay clear of this camp site
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #1566
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,285
Quote:
I'll have to drive by and get the number. I didn't save it. It's up in the hills above Moorpark. The guy cleared a lemon grove and is selling this large skip loader bucket full for $40.00. It almost completely filled the back of my truck piled up to the roof of the shell. It will fill a full size long bed American pickup bed completely to the top of the bed rails. There won't be any room for bikes. You might want to split it between four or five trucks.

My Truck which it almost filled
Mighty fine looking trailer you got there!
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #1567
TekurRides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
That sounds yum . Let us know how we can help.

Quote:
Dude

TekurRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #1568
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Joel

How many vegetarians are we talking about? Are we talking "Lacto-Ovo" vegetarians, full on vegetarians or Vegans? I don't do Vegan.

I sure I could come up with some veggie meals as long as there aren't too many takers (lets call it limited to 10) . If I do the veggie meals, please refund (it's still not the end of Jan.) my dinner costs for myself and my bud Ron (numbers 120 and 141) as I will just grill some Filet Mignons, Ribs and T-bones for us along with the vegetarian fare I make for the others.

Let me know

Hey, I think I'm a vegetarian too !

Gregg,

I picked up a load of that firewood today.... It definitely is not vegetarian. 80% wood and 20% ESCARGOTS !

Anyway. It will work for a fireplace, but it is a real mess in anything but a dedicated firewood and snail guts trailer.. I'm gonna burn the shit out of it before the snails become too active. I split the load with my neighbor to get rid of it quicker too.

spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #1569
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
Hey, I think I'm a vegetarian too !

Gregg,

I picked up a load of that firewood today.... It definitely is not vegetarian. 80% wood and 20% ESCARGOTS !

Anyway. It will work for a fireplace, but it is a real mess in anything but a dedicated firewood and snail guts trailer.. I'm gonna burn the shit out of it before the snails become too active. I split the load with my neighbor to get rid of it quicker too.

Firewood and dinner, all rolled into one! What a concept

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #1570
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Wow no one Intrested??? Do I smell??? . And I thought this was a adventure rally!!!

Ill post it up on the ride sheet to see if it garners intrest...

i was wondering about the smell
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #1571
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 676
Well unless there is a parting of the Red Sea, I am out. Y'all have fun, I'll catch you on small riders and at next years DV rally.

I do plan on going out to DV twice in the first half of March, so I can do some recon.
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #1572
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
i was wondering about the smell

Get your night game ready we be night ridin'
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #1573
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
Well unless there is a parting of the Red Sea, I am out. Y'all have fun, I'll catch you on small riders and at next years DV rally.

I do plan on going out to DV twice in the first half of March, so I can do some recon.
It would be really good to know the condition of the washout at the bottom of south pass closer to the actual date.

If you get that chance to check it out please let us know.

I think that was the one major limiting factor for the big bike that might be wanting to ride to the hot springs.

Going down was doable no effort, took some skills coming back and that was on the 990 with nobbies.

DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #1574
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
It would be really good to know the condition of the washout at the bottom of south pass closer to the actual date.

If you get that chance to check it out please let us know.

I think that was the one major limiting factor for the big bike that might be wanting to ride to the hot springs.

Going down was doable no effort, took some skills coming back and that was on the 990 with nobbies.

Just saw a post in western region about Cerro Gordo being closed...wonder what that's about and what routes, or if it was just the mine site visitor thingy there.

EDIT: BTW, for the rest, it would be nice if we could get to more serious event planning without so much fluff. Seriously people....
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #1575
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post

sorry to hear that isaac. no problem, check your paypal tonight.

recon is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
EDIT: BTW, for the rest, it would be nice if we could get to more serious event planning without so much fluff. Seriously people....
+1

as the event comes closer, let's focus more on planning. also, please post your questions as early as possible, and not the week or days before the event.

check this thread whenever you can, or at least once a day so you don't have to dig into many pages or ask questitons that had been repeatedly asked.

we're still looking for volunteers, see list on post #2. i guess the firewood issue is solved. thanks bill and jim.

fyi, the firewood is for the group campfire. if you plan on doing your own in your campsite, bring your own and leave your site cleaner than you found it.

VEGETARIAN MEAL:
mr. G - since you volunteered to do the vegetarian dinner - thank you for your help. folks PM mr. G and plan everything in the background. let me know how much $ you want refunded in the next couple of days.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote