ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #1801
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BogeyMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sac-o'-tomatoes, CA
Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
I have an EZ-Up that anyone here can use, provided you come and get it. I'm riding in and have no way to haul it. It is a 10x10 with the angled legs for slightly better stability.
I'll be bringing an EZ-Up too, as well as my little Honda EU2000i generator.

In my other life I'm also a trained first responder (ski patroller), so I'll make sure I have some emergency med supplies too.

Once I can confirm my exact departure time, I may be in a position to offer someone a ride down. I'll have room for a bike. Leaving from the North SF Bay area.
__________________
'06 BMW R1200GS (Street),
'11 Husaberg FE570S (Dirt),
'14 Yamaha R6 (Track)
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #1802
moto-treks
Back Home
 
moto-treks's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Spokane Washington
Oddometer: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
I have an EZ-Up that anyone here can use, provided you come and get it. I'm riding in and have no way to haul it. It is a 10x10 with the angled legs for slightly better stability.
So, is this something that picks my 990 up after I fall
__________________
Moto Trek'n to New York via the Trans Labrador Hwy, South America

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #1803
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
Hey Mac,

Riding in from Dana Point.
Keep posting stuff, then late at night I won't have to reread one of your old posts.
Have a great ride out, see you there.

Heirhead
When are you planning to leave for DV? Maybe we could ride out together.
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #1804
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
So, is this something that picks my 990 up after I fall
I thought the 990s were so awesome they picked themselves up...
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #1805
l18flyboy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur View Post
Stayed at Furnace Creek last week. Here is the scoop.

No visible snow at Hunter Mountain or South Pass, but didn't ride it.
I rode Hunter down to tea kettle/racetrack on Feb 2nd. There was a little snow on the road but nothing of any consequence. One or two good mud puddles (spanning the road and 30 or 40 feet long) and a few good ruts that could raise the pucker factor for a true noob. The sign at the start of the route said the road was closed, but there were no gates or barricades. Passed a ranger coming the opposite direction who just waved at us. If there isn't more snow between now and the end of March, I am sure what snow is there now will be gone and the mud dried up by the time of the rally.
l18flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #1806
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: On the water in SoCal
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
When are you planning to leave for DV? Maybe we could ride out together.
Maybe 395, then Ridgecrest, Trona, Ballarat, PSR? Any better roads for dr350?

Heirhead
Worlds worst mechanic

heirhead screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 11:35 PM
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #1807
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
WOW!!,

Both posts on one page, starting getting a little dizzy.
Leaving very early on Wed 27th but am on a 350 so will be going slow. Not sure of route yet.
Maybe 395, then Ridgecrest, Trona, Ballarat, PSR? Any better roads for dr350?

Heirhead
Worlds worst mechanic
.

Same route here... I plan to leave also on Wednesday morning.. How early is early? I have been known to ride slower...
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #1808
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: On the water in SoCal
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
.

Same route here... I plan to leave also on Wednesday morning.. How early is early? I have been known to ride slower...
Around 6:00 am
Don't all IBA members ride slow?
PM, lets have a beer.

Heirhead
Worlds worst mechanic
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #1809
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
Around 6:00 am
Don't all IBA members ride slow?
PM, lets have a beer.

Heirhead
Worlds worst mechanic
I'm not one of those type of iron butt riders... I ride a bit faster so I can take longer breaks. Sometimes, it backfires though, like a ticket for 103 mph in an 80 mph in west Texas...
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #1810
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....
 
DSM8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Glendora, Ca
Oddometer: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
Here is the rescue photo...
Lonestar in the white shirt me in the orange.
If you take the 1200 to lippencott your walking out...
Just sayin....

__________________
DSM8 - A different kind of mean
SQL > SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...d5LbKWMz6cHxaH
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #1811
novos
Gnarly Adventurer
 
novos's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 196
Well, my wrist 'aint broken, but the ulna has a fracture at the tip where it meets the wrist, so I have to bow out of this one

Someone save me a pair of commemorative glasses - looks like there's another spot open for the waiting list.
novos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #1812
loner
explorer
 
loner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Kalifornia
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
Lonestar in the white shirt me in the orange.
If you take the 1200 to lippencott your walking out...
Just sayin....

At Warped 7 Lonestar came to my rescue (dead battery, and rectifier), and DSM8 offered me a ride home. Top notch guys when help is needed.
__________________
http://loner.whereamiriding.com
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #1813
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
At Warped 7 Lonestar came to my rescue (dead battery, and rectifier), and DSM8 offered me a ride home. Top notch guys when help is needed.

great guys to have around. including jnyrav - he's a dentist and if you need help at the event he'll take care of you without paying the newport beach $$$ rate.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
I'll be bringing an EZ-Up too, as well as my little Honda EU2000i generator.

In my other life I'm also a trained first responder (ski patroller), so I'll make sure I have some emergency med supplies too.

Once I can confirm my exact departure time, I may be in a position to offer someone a ride down. I'll have room for a bike. Leaving from the North SF Bay area.

thanks bm. another rider from canada - rod davies (pilot) also offered his service. in an event this big, great to have you guys.

do we have a MD coming to this event?
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #1814
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by novos View Post
Well, my wrist 'aint broken, but the ulna has a fracture at the tip where it meets the wrist, so I have to bow out of this one

Someone save me a pair of commemorative glasses - looks like there's another spot open for the waiting list.

you take care ed. if jab or traveltoad, is reading this, he'll save you a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
WOW!!,

Both posts on one page, starting getting a little dizzy.
Leaving very early on Wed 27th but am on a 350 so will be going slow. Not sure of route yet.
Maybe 395, then Ridgecrest, Trona, Ballarat, PSR? Any better roads for dr350?

Heirhead
Worlds worst mechanic


there you go....it's not all about displacement. dana point to psr on a 350.....

come and see me - i will have a cold refreshment waiting for ya.


all those RIDING IN....leave your panniers in your tent when you go on a ride dirt in dv.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #1815
RED05
Are we there yet?
 
RED05's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Canmore AB
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
great guys to have around. including jnyrav - he's a dentist and if you need help at the event he'll take care of you without paying the newport beach $$$ rate.....





thanks bm. another rider from canada - rod davies (pilot) also offered his service. in an event this big, great to have you guys.

do we have a MD coming to this event?
Hey Guys its Rob Evans-Davies - not a pilot but I am an Advanced Life Support Paramedic/Rescue Technichian
__________________
530EXC - 800XC
RED05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014