Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #2041
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,061
With all of the swag that's been donated, everyone will have to truck in just to make it home with all of this stuff!

Thank you guys for working hard to get the stuff, and thanks to the people that are donating it!
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #2042
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,094
How about giving me that box of pelican goodies, we're riding out the night of Monday the 25th to explore places we haven't been and will make Geocaches with Pelican goodies all over the bloody park.

Win win, no 4 hour raffle, and prizes for making it to every spot for everyone who has a GPS...

2 night of raffles sounds good too.

OK, ignore me, back to some photos of what's coming for all of us in less than 4 weeks.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-27-2013 at 09:14 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #2043
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,736
raffle venue

i received a good suggestion - have the raffle at the party central. we will have camp fire, food, drinks, all in one place and best of all we're all relaxing on our favorite chair. btw, those trucking...please bring extra chairs for those riding in.

another suggestion we wont be calling the 8 digit number on your ticket; yes, it's hard to read when it's dark and trying to believe you have the winning number when it's not.

before you drop your ticket into the jar, write your adv name on the back of the ticket. your adv name will be called instead; then to claim it, show your name tag. easy, quick and simple. if you don't have an adv name LOL or use the one that is assigned to you on FYYFF's list. if you have a ?, it's time you come out and PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
With all of the swag that's been donated, everyone will have to truck in just to make it home with all of this stuff!

Thank you guys for working hard to get the stuff, and thanks to the people that are donating it!
tim i'm good, bringing a van.......hahaha.

joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #2044
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
i received a good suggestion - have the raffle at the party central. we will have camp fire, food, drinks, all in one place and best of all we're all relaxing on our favorite chair. btw, those trucking...please bring extra chairs for those riding in.

another suggestion we wont be calling the 8 digit number on your ticket; yes, it's hard to read when it's dark and trying to believe you have the winning number when it's not.

before you drop your ticket into the jar, write your adv name on the back of the ticket. your adv name will be called instead; then to claim it, show your name tag. easy, quick and simple. if you don't have an adv name LOL or use the one that is assigned to you on FYYFF's list. if you have a ?, it's time you come out and PM me.

joel

That's great thinking!

I would love to get free stuff, while drinking, being warm, sitting down AND raising lots of cash for relevant ADV causes!

What could possibly go wrong, besides a sand storm.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #2045
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Kenda tuff-tube or similar. Unless you're going to install bib-mousse.
The super thick ones can be more difficult to install, and they add unsprung weight. A desert thorn will penetrate any tire and tube combo if you hit it right, have seen that firsthand. A little heavier tube will resist pinch flats and installation pinches better. A lot of guys seem to have trouble with pinching on install, and I can only guess they are not putting enough air in the tube while installing it.

Just carry an extra front and a patch kit, and pump. Can be used on the back in a pinch (no punn ). I carry a tube for the rear as well.

Pinch flats seem to affect the big bikes the most for a several of reasons - speed, weight, manuverability. The general idea is you steer AROUND the protruding rocks, or loft the front end before hitting them. As mentioned, this becomes virtually impossible at 70mph-plus. All bets are off for Traveltoad.
Thanks browneye and traveltoad,

Will be ready.
As far as speed, SLOW. Weight, WAY TO MUCH. Manuverability, VERY LITTLE.
But I do fall a lot!!

Thanks again,

Heirhead
Worlds worst mechanic
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #2046
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,336
Quote:
real ride-in & camp riders bring their Kermit chair and their garage...

Quote:

before you drop your ticket into the jar, write your adv name on the back of the ticket. your adv name will be called instead; then to claim it, show your name tag. easy, quick and simple. if you don't have an adv name LOL or use the one that is assigned to you on FYYFF's list. if you have a ?, it's time you come out and PM me.{snip}
joel
I guess I'll need to bring my liquid cooled pen to sign mine... I plan to buy a whole bunch of tickets again this year!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #2047
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 986
Usually I put in quite a bit to raffles for good causes but money is tight this year. I'll have to scam it where I can.

Sitting here building the repeater box for the 2-meter comms. Just waiting on one final part and it'll be done.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #2048
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Photos from my trips to Death Valley...

Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #2049
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Here is a video of part of my Thursday ride with RobG and Cowgirl last year on Hunter Mountain. This was obviously before I had mechanical trouble later in the day, stranding me in the desert...

Old 02-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #2050
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:

joel
Anyone without an ADV name can just write airborndad on the back of the ticket .
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #2051
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
Anyone without an ADV name can just write airborndad on the back of the ticket .
Correct!

Spelled.... t... r....a...v...e...l...t...o...a...d

traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #2052
JAB
Unsprung Weight

Oddometer: 1,227
Headed for Titus, Ubehebe and Racetrack on Saturday. Easy slab and dirt roads. Can take a few nOObs along. Will post in the sign-up sheet.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #2053
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Is that your garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
real ride-in & camp riders bring their Kermit chair and their garage...

I guess I'll need to bring my liquid cooled pen to sign mine... I plan to buy a whole bunch of tickets again this year!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #2054
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Is that your garage?
my garage tent, yes...
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #2055
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 986
You go through great lengths to make sure nobody plays any practical jokes on yoru bike at night.

BTW last piece of my repeater box is shipping, looks like I'll have it in time to test.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote