Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #2491
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
Take care, Pablo and Nicole. My prayers go out to you both as well.
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #2492
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws View Post
I am wondering if there was a list of gas stations available in Death Valley?
I know Furnace Creek, Stovepipe Wells, Beatty and PSR has gas but not sure of any other places.

and Trona, Beatty, and Olancha. Not in DV per se, but some of the rides will be going by those spots.
No gas at Scotty's castle, even though it shows on some maps that haven't been updated.

Since we will be going through DV before this shin-dig starts if anyone wants to paypal me the loot I could buy Individual Entrance Fee passes for folks and bring them to camp on thursday. For yearly passes you would need to be there I think since they take your name and put it in the system, but for the $10, 7 day pass it doesn't require any registration at the automated kiosk.
PM me.

http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisi...servations.htm

Pablo, our thoughts are with you and your family, I'm very sorry to hear the news.

I will have two extra MSR Dromedary bags with me if anyone needs to borrow one to carry more fuel for the longer rides.

-Finn

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #2493
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep View Post
Hey Bob, how do you like that adv monster fairing?

Rich, the bike has been in the shop since before the wreck. I told the shop to slow roll it as I was not able to ride. I may get a wild hair and drag it out with me.

Nico, Pablo, my thoughts go out to you.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #2494
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 990
Sorry to hear that Pablo, I hope the situation changes for the better beforehand!

If anybody else wants to take over as the tanker my offer of four 5 gallon NATO cans is still up. Since I'm towing in I can get them to PSR on Wednesday.

Anybody able to assist with placing the repeater on Wednesday? It'll need to be in a 4x4 or sidecar as it's just a bit big (9x15x19) and heavy (25ish lbs) for a bike, plus it needs to be kept mostly upright since a car battery is inside it.

It would also be good if somebody can fetch it Sunday and get it down to the Los Angeles area (either if they live there or pass it off to somebody who does), otherwise I'll have ot take it home Saturday night.

Thoughts?

PS - Just in case anybody needs it I plan to bring my little crappy 110V Fluxcore MIG with me.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #2495
rjnutt
Desert tortoise

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
Anybody able to assist with placing the repeater on Wednesday? It'll need to be in a 4x4 or sidecar as it's just a bit big (9x15x19) and heavy (25ish lbs) for a bike, plus it needs to be kept mostly upright since a car battery is inside it.

It would also be good if somebody can fetch it Sunday and get it down to the Los Angeles area (either if they live there or pass it off to somebody who does), otherwise I'll have ot take it home Saturday night.

Thoughts?
I will probably be in Tuesday or Wednesday early and we can get the repeater up on the mountain with my truck. Can't help on Sunday since I am going the opposite direction....
rjnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #2496
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnutt View Post
I will probably be in Tuesday or Wednesday early and we can get the repeater up on the mountain with my truck. Can't help on Sunday since I am going the opposite direction....
Cool. At least I know I'll have somebody to have a few drinks with Wednesday night .

I'm not 100% sure when I'll be pulling in Wednesday, it depends on how late I work on Tuesday as I am leaving directly from downtown Los Angeles. My plan is to drive as far North as I can Tuesday night and sleep on the side of the road somewhere.

I'll be borrowing a friends truck, look for an obnoxiously bright yellow crew cab Chevy full size.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #2497
r3r3r
Wildebeast

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1jeep View Post
take care, pablo and nicole. My prayers go out to you both as well.
+1
r3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #2498
fishwhisperer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
carpool from Bay Area?

Hey y'all, getting stoked.... I'm trucking down from Castro Valley in the Bay Area and since I just upgraded from a hitch-mount to a three rail trailer (no I didn't steal it!!!) I can now offer a carpool with room for a bike. Planning on leaving Tuesday midday, sleeping wherever I can get to Tuesday night.
fishwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #2499
fishwhisperer
Adventurer

goler ride on Thursday or Sunday?

Anybody want to team up for a ride through Goler on Thursday or Sunday? I'd offer to lead a ride, but being a noob and all... I was hoping to see that area, I've always wanted to but never thought my 4wd could handle it and I've got rides on Fri/Sat I don't want to miss either. If no takers, i'd consider exploring solo, but don't have a spot or gps for that matter.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #2500
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwhisperer View Post
Anybody want to team up for a ride through Goler on Thursday or Sunday? I'd offer to lead a ride, but being a noob and all... I was hoping to see that area, I've always wanted to but never thought my 4wd could handle it and I've got rides on Fri/Sat I don't want to miss either. If no takers, i'd consider exploring solo, but don't have a spot or gps for that matter.
I would love to if your leaving early and exploring other areas- make a full day of it, I have a GPS & InReach(spot). Let me know - Im there a week early and will have probably already been on that ride once before thursday. Camping at PSR from Saturday 22nd.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #2501
baybueller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep View Post
Take care, Pablo and Nicole. My prayers go out to you both as well.
Me too.
baybueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #2502
fishwhisperer
Adventurer

Thursday through Goler it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post
I would love to if your leaving early and exploring other areas- make a full day of it, I have a GPS & InReach(spot). Let me know - Im there a week early and will have probably already been on that ride once before thursday. Camping at PSR from Saturday 22nd.
You bet. I'll make sure I'm there early enough on Thursday to do the full day version. Starting at 0800? Without knowing s*** about the ride and it's moto challenges, I'd suggest we head up the wash and over Mengel, looping back through West Side Road. I've never seen Ballarat, Goler, Mengel, Barker Ranch or any of the other cabins in the area, so would prefer to see as much of it as possible and my other rides - Steel and Cerro G will both be to the north. Man, I'm starting to think about just taking the whole damn week off!!! ... devil on my shoulder, "do it..."

fishwhisperer screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 07:49 PM
Old 03-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #2503
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwhisperer View Post
You bet. I'll make sure I'm there early enough on Thursday to do the full day version. Starting at 0800? Without knowing s*** about the ride and it's moto challenges, I'd suggest we head up the wash and over Mengel, looping back through West Side Road. I've never seen Ballarat, Goler, Mengel, Barker Ranch or any of the other cabins in the area, so would prefer to see as much of it as possible and my other rides - Steel and Cerro G will both be to the north. Man, I'm starting to think about just taking the whole damn week off!!! ... devil on my shoulder, "do it..."
8:00 it is.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #2504
jkstehn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Currently planning on riding in Wednesday so I would be up for that ride as well. I did Mengel pass and Goler in a rush in November. It was amazing and I would love to slow down and take in the sights. I was solo and didn't feel like I could look away from the trail for even a second. - Jonathan

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jkstehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #2505
espi
scheming adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Thanks for the well wishes, bruthas!
take lots of pics

ciao,
Pablo
espi is offline   Reply With Quote