ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #2581
GSequoia
Where are my tools?
 
GSequoia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post
Are you able to program a Yeasu VX-150? if so I will come and see you.
Not via the computer but I'm sure we can figure it out. I'd suggest donwloading a cheat sheet for programming it and bringing it with you.
__________________
2005 KLR 650 A bit beat up but works just fine. Powered by really angry canaries.
1985 Suzuki GS700E Some assembly required
1977 Cimatti City Bike. What, you call that a build thread? Officially stalled...
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #2582
Suzuki Phil
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Oddometer: 627
It's official Suzuki wife, kid and dog will be coming. We're arriving early to do some site seeing then I'm doing a Friday ride. Saturday we are heading out to the hot springs in the truck.

See Ya,

SP
__________________
1916 Ford Model T
1996 DR350SE
Suzuki Phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #2583
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue
 
Little Bike's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Temecula CA
Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by StG View Post
Trying to keep up with this thread, but you guys are just too busy with planning and collecting even more loot. Seriously, that's gonna be a crazy raffle. Wish I could help out, but I'm riding in & I most definitely qualify as a noob! Happy to volunteer with cleanup though.

I plan on leaving this Friday & will most likely be in DV Mon-Thur. So who's gonna be around & wants to get in some pre-rally riding? I think at least one inmate will be there early (red05), anyone else?
Will be there Tuesday morning, at the latest. Riding in from Pahrump, any other Jimmy Lewis classers heading over Monday?
__________________
In your helmet, no one can hear you scream.
Old(ish) Chick on a Bike

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #2584
Spank
Adventurer
 
Spank's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: North San Diego County
Oddometer: 64
I'll be there by noonish Weds. Down for a ride nearby Weds afternoon.

Will be drinking some cold beer around the fire Weds night (washed down with s'mores) if anyone wants to stop by site # 37.
__________________
John E.
'08 Yamaha WR250R
'04 Yamaha XT225

My SPOT
Spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #2585
dirt donkey
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: lala land, calif.
Oddometer: 83
ditto that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur View Post
Just lost my mother so I feel the pain. Prayers go with you.
Feb, 4 2013 was the day for me, I know the feeling....
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #2586
dirt donkey
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: lala land, calif.
Oddometer: 83
kriegasideup

Quote:
Originally Posted by illking View Post
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...-kriegasideup/

Might be a good chance to score some kriega gear.
not sure of the instagram stuff, but bringing the R15 and the cube. probably should bring the US10 as a tail bag. Just ordered the US5 for the WRR to stash innertubes and the toolbag for the Trumpet800XC
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #2587
GSequoia
Where are my tools?
 
GSequoia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 1,001
Two steps forward, one step back.

Got my heli-coils, Autozone had a kit with three, just how many I needed. I got the tail box project done, yay I'll have a place for lunch!

When I rode to work this morning I was feeling a bit of a wobble, I also noticed the front brake not acting right, obviously the rotor on my trail wheels is quite warped (when braking there's a spot that power is reduced, poor man's ABS!). Took the wheel off tonight to swap the warped rotor with the good one off my street wheel but found that the previous owner of said wheels put them on with a buttload of torque. Messed up two bolt heads before I gave up (damn allen heads) and put my D607 street wheel back on, now I look all funny with a knobby on the rear and smoothie on front.

I'm sure teh warped rotor will be just fine for the event, I just don't want to commute on it. I'll fix the bolts at a later date (i.e. the next last possible second).

Next up is oil change and build a skidplate. Oh and buy beer / pack camping supplies.
__________________
2005 KLR 650 A bit beat up but works just fine. Powered by really angry canaries.
1985 Suzuki GS700E Some assembly required
1977 Cimatti City Bike. What, you call that a build thread? Officially stalled...
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #2588
StG
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: SW Utah
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Will be there Tuesday morning, at the latest. Riding in from Pahrump, any other Jimmy Lewis classers heading over Monday?
Hey Little Bike,

You taking the J Lewis class on Sat-Sun as well? If so, I'll see you there! Thinking of heading over to PSR on Monday. Will try to get spot #14C or look for a green golite TP tent.
StG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #2589
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
I'll be there by noonish Weds. Down for a ride nearby Weds afternoon.

Will be drinking some cold beer around the fire Weds night (washed down with s'mores) if anyone wants to stop by site # 37.
Did someone say s'mores? Now you have my attention.

I'll be there late Sunday afternoon.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #2590
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl
 
Cowgirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC - for now
Oddometer: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
I'll be there by noonish Weds. Down for a ride nearby Weds afternoon.

Will be drinking some cold beer around the fire Weds night (washed down with s'mores) if anyone wants to stop by site # 37.
See you Wednesday

I'll be driving in from Pahrump on Wednesday after the Jimmy Lewis course.
__________________
Cougar tracks
The initial pawprints
The blind date
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #2591
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer
 
airborndad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montclair Ca.
Oddometer: 2,494
New Noob ride posted

Titus Canyon Friday

airborndad screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 12:24 PM
airborndad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #2592
dirt donkey
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: lala land, calif.
Oddometer: 83
dehydrated snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Did someone say s'mores? Now you have my attention.

I'll be there late Sunday afternoon.
I have been busy dehydrating food. Finished the following:

- 1/2 lb of beef jerky
- baggy of dried mangos
- dried bannans (tastes good)
- sweet potatoes (not so good - i am reworking that one)
- apples (good - ate them all - need to do another batch)
- Fruit rolls (leathers) (making the yogurt first - fiddling with the fermentation time)
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #2593
dirt donkey
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: lala land, calif.
Oddometer: 83
Spark arrestor.

Do we need to have a spark arrestor installed on the bike? What if the bike is licensed DS.
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #2594
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt donkey View Post
Do we need to have a spark arrestor installed on the bike? What if the bike is licensed DS.
Yes....is the best answer as it relates to our group and not stirring the pot..

The official answer is below:


Vehicles
Vehicles must be street legal. Vehicles with off-the-highway registration (California green-sticker) cannot be operated anywhere within the national park. All vehicles must have valid license plates and highway registration including two-wheel-drive and four-wheel drive vehicles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, dune buggies, trail bikes, mini-bikes and every other mechanically-driven means of transportation.
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #2595
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 822
I feel your pain, new chain, new Shorei battery (can these really be this light?) new oil and filter, new GL bags, new sprocket and a FRIGGIN stripped swingarm. Ugg, its gotta get better, eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
Two steps forward, one step back.

Got my heli-coils, Autozone had a kit with three, just how many I needed. I got the tail box project done, yay I'll have a place for lunch!

When I rode to work this morning I was feeling a bit of a wobble, I also noticed the front brake not acting right, obviously the rotor on my trail wheels is quite warped (when braking there's a spot that power is reduced, poor man's ABS!). Took the wheel off tonight to swap the warped rotor with the good one off my street wheel but found that the previous owner of said wheels put them on with a buttload of torque. Messed up two bolt heads before I gave up (damn allen heads) and put my D607 street wheel back on, now I look all funny with a knobby on the rear and smoothie on front.

I'm sure teh warped rotor will be just fine for the event, I just don't want to commute on it. I'll fix the bolts at a later date (i.e. the next last possible second).

Next up is oil change and build a skidplate. Oh and buy beer / pack camping supplies.
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014