ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #2971
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,531
As of 2pm...there is a spot left for a big bike on Saturday's Big bike loop...
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #2972
cliking
Prospect
 
cliking's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman0853 View Post
Absolutely, why not! Need a guide?...LOL!

Pointman, White F-250+Featherlite, in the Out Back @PSR
I have not been to Hunter-Teakettle or the Racetrack so , YES, need a guide. This is a ride I would love to finally do.
__________________
GREG ROBINSON
Long Beach, CA
cliking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #2973
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,419
North Pass Road Report

From Saline Valley Preservation Org:

1/23/13
Went in just after New Years and found the highway department took away the road closed sign and put up "high clearance 4wd" sign at north pass turnoff, no problems with my Subaru making it in 2 hours each way - Farmer_Fred[/URL]

Went out N Pass on 3/15/13. Pass is clear. A few wash-outs but not much of a challenge. Did it in a built Jeep in 1 hr and 45 min. from the springs to the pavement. Encountered an SUV with street tires that had a flat and all he had was a "donut" spare. Temp was over 100 on the valley floor. Looks like there may be some nasty weather this week. Be prepared for wind. The previous week saw gusts up to 65 mph.


Registered: 03/18/13
I agree with the post above. I drove out the N Pass yesturday. (3-17) Wash board sucks but a Sedan COULD do it, with a CAREFULL driver.

2 hours from pavement to Sailene Springs with a 4x4 van. (no 4x required)
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR Laguna Seca 2012 RR Sequoia 3-Day Campout Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #2974
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 623
I am bringing out the vouchers for an Omni-Cruise. I would bring out the actual product, but Brian is sold out currently. I cant even bring out any to sell.
http://www.omni-cruise.com/

More of the product will be available the first week of April.
(Im not a salesperson for Omni-Cruise just a friend of Brian).

I do have my personal one if anyone wants to test it out for a day.

__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #2975
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 706
I'd like to try one Friday and compare it to the cheapy I got of amazon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
I am bringing out the vouchers for an Omni-Cruise. I would bring out the actual product, but Brian is sold out currently. I cant even bring out any to sell.
http://www.omni-cruise.com/

More of the product will be available the first week of April.
(Im not a salesperson for Omni-Cruise just a friend of Brian).

I do have my personal one if anyone wants to test it out for a day.

__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #2976
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
As of 2pm...there is a spot left for a big bike on Saturday's Big bike loop...
Small BIG BIKE group? Please elaborate on the type of ride, noob friendly or not?

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #2977
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Small BIG BIKE group? Please elaborate on the type of ride, noob friendly or not?

RIDE ON!
page 1.....listed rides...
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #2978
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....
 
DSM8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Glendora, Ca
Oddometer: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
As of 2pm...there is a spot left for a big bike on Saturday's Big bike loop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Small BIG BIKE group? Please elaborate on the type of ride, noob friendly or not?

RIDE ON!
Just look it up on the ride list...

Ride: Big Bike Steel Pass Challenge
Lead By: Nowwhat
On: Saturday
Max Number of Riders: 10

Meet: Gas Station (every drop you can squeeze in)
At: 7:30
Departs: 7:45

Description:

Do you like riding in the dark? Does the idea of miles and miles of rocks make you all warm and fuzzy? Do you laugh and laugh when fellow riders get flat tires and run out of gas? Does 210 miles sound like a trip to the corner market? Do you enjoy all of these things on 400lb Plus twin?
Then you have found the right place... Saline Valley, The Springs, Eureka Dunes, Crankshaft Junction, The Crater, Teakettle Junction, The Racetrack and Lippencott all in one ride....
__________________
DSM8 - A different kind of mean
SQL > SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...d5LbKWMz6cHxaH
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #2979
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Small BIG BIKE group? Please elaborate on the type of ride, noob friendly or not?

RIDE ON!
If Mike is in it, it is never noob friendly...
Never forget this...
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #2980
fishwhisperer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 23
ready to roll

Punch list complete (not bad for noob?)...

swapped ds tires for knobbies
replaced slave piston and o ring (the clutch just s*** the bed)
changed the oil
replaced bent steering risers
new air filter
1" lowering links
spring preload adjustment
lowered forks
registered trailer
fixed trailer lights
new helmet
new pressure suit
new klim pants
LOTS OF BEER

I guess I'm ready. Leaving pre-dawn. Bring it.
fishwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #2981
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
If Mike is in it, it is never noob friendly...
Never forget this...
shhh..........

speaking of which....time to get a small bike and come play.....
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #2982
fishwhisperer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 23
goler / mengel loop ride Thursday

I posted earlier looking for folks to ride the goler / mengel loop Thursday. We don't have a ride leader officially, so I haven't posted it to the group rides (I don't have mileage stats or frist hand experience on the route). Red05 and I are meeting at 0800 Thursday am to ride the loop. jkstehn and NSFW also showed interest. If anybody who has first hand experience wants to step up and post the group ride AND be a leader that would be great, otherwise anybody who wants to stumble along, blind leading the blind, that's cool too.
fishwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #2983
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwhisperer View Post
I posted earlier looking for folks to ride the goler / mengel loop Thursday. We don't have a ride leader officially, so I haven't posted it to the group rides (I don't have mileage stats or frist hand experience on the route). Red05 and I are meeting at 0800 Thursday am to ride the loop. jkstehn and NSFW also showed interest. If anybody who has first hand experience wants to step up and post the group ride AND be a leader that would be great, otherwise anybody who wants to stumble along, blind leading the blind, that's cool too.
I can't do Thursday....but....When you get to Ballarat....take the West side of the lakebed down toward Goler....

Get to Ballarat....Take Ballarat Rd West for about a mile....look for a trail heading south on your left....you can see the trail on google earth....take that trail instead of Wingate Rd...much more fun and scenic...Probably 3 miles then you will see Goler cut in to the side of the hill.....

Enjoy...
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #2984
WallyWhirled
Studly Adventurer
 
WallyWhirled's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: United States
Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
I can't do Thursday....but....When you get to Ballarat....take the West side of the lakebed down toward Goler....

Get to Ballarat....Take Ballarat Rd West for about a mile....look for a trail heading south on your left....you can see the trail on google earth....take that trail instead of Wingate Rd...much more fun and scenic...Probably 3 miles then you will see Goler cut in to the side of the hill.....

Enjoy...

You have a PM.
__________________
KTM 950 Super Enduro, KTM 950 Adventure, KTM 950 Supermoto
Beta 520 RS, BMW R1200 GSA, Rickman Cafe Racer
WallyWhirled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #2985
pinevalley
Adventurer
 
pinevalley's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: sno ho
Oddometer: 96
Leaving South San Jose Wed morning. Hope to see none of YFF stuck on the side of the road. I'll stop if I do (provided I get the proper ADV signal).
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014