Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #3241
izzyblue
LOST

Oddometer: 61
Thank you Joel, all the volunteers , sponsors and all the usual suspects for making me feel so welcome! After riding our Easy "NOOBS" rides all day, the smiles from all the ladies and gents were truly appreciated!

Casey, Dave, Dan, Chris, long, Jason, Lyle , Todd and everyone on our Finn rides, we did have a great adventure and it was a pleasure riding with all you guys:) thank you all for helping me as well hope we can all ride together soon..

Joel, I think after falling thirty times in one day , I should win more than a key chain, like 20 Jimmy Lewis classes?

Special thanks to Jim for taking our stuff up there for us, otherwise I would look like that.

Looking forwards for all the ride reports...

Until next time....

Thank you darling for showing us a little glimpse how to get lost..
~ Nancy
izzyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #3242
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Sweepers!!!

Yes - thank you sweepers!

The forgotten heroes - riding in the back behind us slow ass FFs, eating dust and picking up those heavy bikes for us noobs time and time again.

I tip my helmets to you!

pinevalley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Nancy and I made it home last night after battling the winds and of course to finish the week it rained hard for the last 60 miles... no need to wash the bikes at least!

Thanks again to all those who made this such a great event, especially Joel!
Nancy and I had a great time and am already looking forward to the next one, we are glad to be a part of such a great community of riders who's endless good spirited vibes were very enjoyable to be around.

I'm currently uploading a couple hundred photos of the week from our eyes, please feel free to use them as you wish, in your RR, etc.
I will be uploading and posting a separate gallery from all the photos of the Jimmy Lewis class and will post up the link asap.

On a side note for those now thinking about what crap they need to buy for their bike to help their ADVenturing, go take a Jimmy Lewis class instead first, I witnessed first hand what just one day with him did for Nancy's abilities and my own from just putting to use what I saw while taking photos of the class. Best efforts spent to date to make the dirt riding more enjoyable, safe, and also to gain confidence. We will be going back to take the two day class asap...

Thanks again to all involved, especially Jim the spafxr for all the various assistance you provided for many people, and to Bob the Lonestar for your endless contributions to the event and good food.
A big thanks to Jimmy, Keith, Todd, and everyone else for helping me keep the n00b in line and sweeping my rides!

No Drinks for MC Jimmy C next year till the raffle is over...

Lost Photos:

http://lostrider.smugmug.com/Motorcy...6404&k=D8BH5bN
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #3243
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
noob

Totally agree! Mad skills for two days in the dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle View Post
Putting us to shame Senior Ford,

first time on dirt, goes to DV Rally, finishes two Lost tours of duty, even crashes hard but doesn't seem to loose any nerve.

Took me a lot longer than two days on dirt to get where you are now! You chances of success in America del Sur look very promising.

I'm gonna go check out Road Trip Nation to see if the camera work is any good, MP
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #3244
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
Now I regret not saving some vacation days for this
If there is 1 event that you shouldn't miss on West Coast, that would be this one...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #3245
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer: 964
Thumb

Joel,

Dirtmechanic (Rene) NEEDS that Seat Concepts gift certificate........I'm tired of hearing him bitch and moan about how he's sitting on a 2x4!!
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #3246
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,591
Question Ride Reports???

Ok with over 180+ people in attendance how about a little more input on the ride reports.

Hell I didn't even ride and have a report up.....of course it kinda sucked and was boring in a sense and no one broke down on the loop I swept on (which is good) but it was still a trip, of sorts...I guess....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875195

NOW POST YOUR DAMN PICS AND REPORTS UP ALREADY!!!!
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #3247
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Sweeper??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post

The forgotten heroes - riding in the back behind us slow ass FFs, eating dust and picking up those heavy bikes for us noobs time and time again.

I tip my helmets to you!

pinevalley
Hey, I was a sweeper on 3 rides!! Not designated, just slower. In fact 2 of the 3 days riders had to come back for me as I had crashed. Not a true Noob as been riding my whole life but just like to plunk along. Thanks to all of the organizers, (joel), plus support staff, and all of the goodies donated as I won much. Will see finn about that one day ride, maybe test ride my first Husaberg. Great ride to Golar/Mengal with Rob, Allen, John, Jack, Scott, Zach, Steve, (thanks for stopping after crash) and a few others.185 miles. Next day, with Zach and Missy. Hunter, Teakettle, Racetrack, Ubehebe, Scottys Castle, Beatty, Titus Cyn.254 miles. Day 3 with Gpskevin, Jeffrey and Missy to Lookout City, Osborne Cabin, Trona for lunch, Ballarat. 101 miles. Left them at Trona, I was knackered as I had crashed, again! Great ride leader, and fun people for sure. Can ride at any pace, no problem. lots of laughs around campsite.Check out his Website as leads excellent, well planned rides anywhere, any place, anytime @ gpskevin. I ate dust for 3 days and had a blast, met lots of great peeps. L18flyboy and son, Brennan came over and brought marshmallows to roast. Rob, hope you don't get a flat in Moab. Might have to carry a large rock with you. Allen, Pm me and I will send you some books you haven't read. Went to a respiratory therapist when I got home and he asked if I had worked in a coal or asbestos mine for 30 yrs? No, just Noob ride for 3 days!!
Well after riding in 266 each way, total was 1,072 miles, no problem for the mighty DR350.
Thanks to Airborndad and friend for stopping on Trona rd as I had a flat. Pinch from rim lock installed by dealer as didn't want to screw it up myself.
My Ode to NOOBS. Not to slight to John and Paul

Sunshine, rocky roads
Golar Wash a must
But tomorrow might rain
So I'll follow follow your dust

Thanks again to all.
C U next yr.
Heirhead

heirhead screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 09:58 PM
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #3248
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
NOW POST YOUR DAMN PICS AND REPORTS UP ALREADY!!!!
Yes sir, I'll get it done today, sir!
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #3249
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
Yes sir, I'll get it done today, sir!
Added to because stuff like that deserves a salute. (Military style and NOT ADV style. )

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #3250
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
+++++++++++++1

Agree, Those sweepers deserve some .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post

I tip my helmets to you!

pinevalley
Scubalong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #3251
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
Does anyone know the screen name of the guy that was manning the KLIM truck?

Need to get in contact with him, if you are him and reading this please PM me.

Thanks.

I don't know what it is, but you can get hold of his wife through this website...

gearmojo.com
Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #3252
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,338
I'm still working my way home... I stayed at PSR for an extra day, then took my time packing up the bike. I rode out the eastern entrance, visiting Furnace Creek and Dante's View on the way to Pahrump for the night. I'm having lunch in Baker CA, stalling a bit before I get on the freeway for the slog home. I'll post photos and stories soon...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #3253
dirt donkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
Had a great time out there. Thanks Joel for organizing the event and leading us on the Thursday afternoon ride. I don't think anybody walked (or hobbled) away thinking it was anything but a good time.

Shout out to Team Adobe...

I'll have to try to make the event next year. I'll still be a noob but maybe ever so slightly less of one.

Until next time...

More photos here. Will ride report soonish.
WOW - what a great experience. Went from Noob to - > advanced beginner. Learned sooo much. Can't thank everyone enough for making it happen - joel, randall, trip leaders, (#2) jimmy, airborne dad for the raffle prizes, adobe, etc. And all the fun times and people along the way. Truly a journey - can't wait for next year. peace.
dirt donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #3254
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfb123 View Post
I've already put a raffle prize to good use.
I think everybody should post a picture of their raffle prizes in action. Just like this one...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #3255
espi
scheming adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
mike, sorry i could not stop the emcees from hijacking the karma tequilas. bring the special blend for jimmy and todd next year.

hey, the jimmy lewis class is yours.

your giving is a tradition. tequila for the proficient riders, then a jl class to a lucky noob. just like last year you gave me a jl class. so, who will be the lucky noob this year?

seth, sorry your losing stuff....hahaha

i saw your recliner near site#46 (party central). looks like someone found it and left it there for me to notice. i did, and asked one inmate to hang on to it. not sure if he took it home. hope he did. i will pm the inmate.

pablo's (espi) servitude to the event will need a pc version.....

Thanks Joel, Seth!

I will use it for next years pics.

Very much appreciated,

Pablo
espi is offline   Reply With Quote