User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #466
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
103, Jeff (McKay) - t/f/s/s 449 or Tiger 800/trucking in/all meals

(looking for toy hauler now, will update for waiting list if I find one)
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #467
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
A few questions:

2.) SPOT tracker: Will someone be collecting SPOT links to be able to check where someone is if they don't return to camp?

I believe this is what DSM8 (Dave) set up for that purpose
SAR Input form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UHhfV1otRmc6MQ
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #468
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
SAR Input form:
Thanks I didn't make the connection when I saw it and when I clicked to open it my computer froze so I had no idea what it was. I just tried it again and it opened just fine.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #469
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
I haven't enroll yet. Planning to ride up on Fri AM and back on Mon AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
I haven't decided yet. I don't have Friday off (I do have Monday off) and Pahrump would be a not so nice ride in the dark and cold from Temecula. I might see if I can pick up a bumper hitch rack before then. Are you going?
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #470
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
SAR Input form:
Just submitted my info and this was my response:

"Your response has been recorded. Now don't do anything stupid and make us have to use this because while we will take care of your sorry ass the bike will be used for schwag and spare parts. You have been warned."

This is looking more and more fun as it gets closer!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #471
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afry View Post
FuzzyNugs is on the alternate list (if there is one) and if he makes it in he can have the unused bed in my room so he doesn't take up a site. I am not gay......

arnie, never say no, out in the lonely desert and after a few drinks....anything goes....

based on previous years, we will have at least 15 bailoouts. fuzzy is in good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
I don't remember you saying the rally was full and you are planing to dump your "friends" spot. What? I'm not your friend anymore

Anyway, I needed to check out the Jimmy Lewis riding class to see how that lined up with this event. Looks like there's a class open the week-end before. Want to take that with me If I can get enough people interested he may even make it a big bike class

hey jeff, sorry i took your spot away right after LB made the post. should had waited 24 hours.

take jimmy's class. there were a lot of stuff i learned, and happy i did.

congrats on your rt to the tip of south america. i'm envious.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #472
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by headstaller View Post
I haven't enroll yet. Planning to ride up on Fri AM and back on Mon AM
hmm, maybe I could Friday off. The only problem is I'm on a xt250 and will be taking the back route through Yucca Valley and Amboy. You could probably be there at least an hour sooner than me Let me know if you want to take a slow, scenic route.

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #473
Spank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
178 John. I have a reservation On Weds 27th for tent site #15 so if possible can you assign me that site so I don't have to move on Thursday? Thanks.

Edit: just saw the post where these sites were going to be used by those riding in. I'll email the resort and have them move me to one of the "trucking in" sites so I'm not playing musical campsite on Thurs 28th.

My SPOT

Spank screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 09:48 PM
Spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #474
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Here is the campground layout.

RIDING IN – TENT SITES 14 – 23, MINIMUM OF 2 RIDERS PER SITE; THESE SITES ARE TUCKED NEXT TO THE TREES, HAVE SOME SHADE, NOT A LOT, BUT COMFY ENOUGH TO HAVE IT AS YOUR SANCTUARY FOR THE WEEKEND. THOSE TRUCKING IN – PLEASE DO NOT OCCUPY THESE SPOTS.

i see several people coming early in the week, trucking and taking up sites #14-23 and requesting to keep their site for the rest of the week.

please see the above. sorry, camping next to the trees is one of the perks for RIDING IN, same as previous years. let's give those weary riders some relief. meanwhile, us trucking, we have ice coolers and plenty of supplies, including a pop up shelter to keep us happy.....
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #475
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

please do your share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasherman View Post
Just a thought.......Somebody need to tell PSR to GET MORE DUPSTERS! Last year they filled up quick. Also they may want some portapotties or the suck-truck needs come more often......anybody remember that mess!

Just a thought.

hi chris thanks for bringing this up.

folks, please read.

there are portapotties at the east side of the campground, not close enough but they are there. there are also bathrooms across the street in the gas station and restaurant.

as far as trash, it's always a problem because we didn't do our part. couple years ago, there was only 1 dumpster, then last year i asked to increase it, and they even bought a trash compactor, still in spite of those, we filled them up and spilled more on the ground.

trash does not belong in the desert, WE BROUGHT THE GARBAGE. i love the outdoors and believe in pack it in and pack it out; or leave it cleaner than the way I found it.

many people have this attitude that they paid the "camping fee" and that makes the resort responsible for their trash and cleaning up after them. folks, please understand that panamint springs is in the middle of the desert. it cost money to bring in and haul away anything.

before the event, there was a discussion in the thread to keep the trash under control. then on the last day after most people went home, i was left with their garbage, including in their campsites; i'm thankful there are people who care.

eric was our human compactor.....

you'll never see a south orange county resident getting dirty till that sunday......

WE REQUEST EVERYONE DO THEIR PART

keep it green...
Old 12-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #476
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
In!!

If there is room, count me IN please. This will be my 1st time to DV.
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #477
Hack
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,659
Put me on the waiting list please. Chris Riding in from Delaware DL650, all meals , all in camping unless me and a friend already on the in list can get a tent cabin sorted out. Will volunteer to cook or whatever is needed. Thanks

Hack screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 05:46 AM
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #478
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
i see several people coming early in the week, trucking and taking up sites #14-23 and requesting to keep their site for the rest of the week.

please see the above. sorry, camping next to the trees is one of the perks for RIDING IN, same as previous years. let's give those weary riders some relief. meanwhile, us trucking, we have ice coolers and plenty of supplies, including a pop up shelter to keep us happy.....
I didn't see the list for which sites are reserved for ride ins until yesterday and I made my reservations Fri. The gal at the campground assigned me a site in the save for ride in spots. I'll call and see about changing my site.

Sorry for ending up where I wasn't supposed to be.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #479
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
Hi there I'm very late to the party. But the Coarsegoldkid would like to get on the waiting list. I'll be coming up with McKay in his truck and toy hauling trailer. Please put me on the waiting list. Thanks
coarsegoldkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #480
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post

hi chris thanks for bringing this up.

folks, please read.

there are portapotties at the east side of the campground, not close enough but they are there. there are also bathrooms across the street in the gas station and restaurant.

as far as trash, it's always a problem because we didn't do our part. couple years ago, there was only 1 dumpster, then last year i asked to increase it, and they even bought a trash compactor, still in spite of those, we filled them up and spilled more on the ground.

trash does not belong in the desert, WE BROUGHT THE GARBAGE. i love the outdoors and believe in pack it in and pack it out; or leave it cleaner than the way I found it.

many people have this attitude that they paid the "camping fee" and that makes the resort responsible for their trash and cleaning up after them. folks, please understand that panamint springs is in the middle of the desert. it cost money to bring in and haul away anything.

before the event, there was a discussion in the thread to keep the trash under control. then on the last day after most people went home, i was left with their garbage, including in their campsites; i'm thankful there are people who care.

you'll never see a south orange county resident getting dirty till that sunday......

WE REQUEST EVERYONE DO THEIR PART

keep it green...
The photos show tires and coolers in the trash, also large trash bags. How the hell do you fill up a 50 gallon garbage bag from 3 days camping?

Perhaps if people would be responsible to haul away their large trash and use the campground dumpsters for legitimate garbage the problem could be alleviated. Tires cannot be legally thrown in the trash in California, DAMHIK (the garbage police got me at home). Tires need to be recycled which usually involves a fee.

Also, paper trash can be burned in the campfires.

Just sayin .........

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote