Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #1021
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinocono View Post
I was hoping that someone would put together another ride for these areas, as I didn't want to sign up for it until I got off the waiting list. Now we don't even have the first one.
We need to get this ride back on the list as it sounds like a good Noob ride. I've been to the crater and up Hunter Mtn. but not Tea Kettle or Racetrack. I suppose we could fumble our way out there without any issues, especially with GPS Tracks. My plan has been to take my new Husky Terra on this ride and pound some sag into the new suspension and also see how many times I can crash this heavy sucker in the silt bed since I'm going sans knobs. If nobody else already familiar with the route volunteers, I will do it. However, it will be the blind leading the blind, or rather noob leading noob. Nah, not that bad. I navigated the TAT so this won't be a problem.
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1022
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
The ride leader for this full ride has bailed and took out all the signups too. We would like to get a new ride leader for this one and get the folks signed up for it back signed up. Anyone up for this one? I'm a "maybe".

It's this one that was for Friday: Hunter Moutain, Teakettle, Racetrack, Ubehebe Crater -- noob level

Be sure to check page one for Group Rides, info and sign ups.

Yes this was the ride I was most excited about and was on the list.
I want back on!

I have a teakettle to drop off as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #1023
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
We need to get this ride back on the list as it sounds like a good Noob ride. I've been to the crater and up Hunter Mtn. but not Tea Kettle or Racetrack. I suppose we could fumble our way out there without any issues, especially with GPS Tracks. My plan has been to take my new Husky Terra on this ride and pound some sag into the new suspension and also see how many times I can crash this heavy sucker in the silt bed since I'm going sans knobs. If nobody else already familiar with the route volunteers, I will do it. However, it will be the blind leading the blind, or rather noob leading noob. Nah, not that bad. I navigated the TAT so this won't be a problem.

ken, you've been chosen by the silent majority to lead the ride. remember the first noobs rally, gps was new to us...

with a good map and gps you guys will be rockin....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #1024
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
ken, you've been chosen by the silent majority to lead the ride. remember the first noobs rally, gps was new to us...

with a good map and gps you guys will be rockin....
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #1025
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
You will have no trouble finding your way through this loop....as leader...you may want to remind everyone in your group to keep their front tire pressure up as the area around the racetrack is famous for causing flats....the Terra is a perfect bike for this loop....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #1026
AMusedRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Update with advrider username

Hello Organizers, can you please update my registration with my advrider user name?

106. sampath – BT3 – D3 - f800gs

Advrider username - AMusedRider

Thanks!
AMusedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1027
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,463
Hunter Moutain, Teakettle, Racetrack, Ubehebe Crater

I was signed up for this ride also and was really looking forward to it as I have not been to any of those spots. Let's get it figured out and save the ride.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #1028
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Hunter Moutain, Teakettle, Racetrack, Ubehebe Crater

I was signed up for this ride also and was really looking forward to it as I have not been to any of those spots. Let's get it figured out and save the ride.
IF I can ride (knee surgery Depending) I will lead a group on this loop.

I wont know until next month what the deal is, regardless I do have GPS tracks that cover this loop (see post 6).

Get someone to lead the ride, if I can do it then we can break it up into two groups for a large group ride.

BUT I wont know until close to the witching hour.

Tracks:
http://dsm8.crazytrend.com/
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #1029
TekurRides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Pickup/truck rentals

Hey Guys, Sampath (Amusedrider) and I were planning to rent a truck and hitch our bikes to DV. Any suggestions on truck and trailer rentals in the SF bay area? Also, is there anyone from around here who has space in the trailer, truck or RV to accommodate us and our bikes. We will of course share the expenses and more over provide amusing company and life times supply of gratitude.
TekurRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #1030
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
This is an extremely easy route to follow. I would lead it but I am already leading rides on Thu and Fri. This loop is clearly marked on the Death Valley maps and is also marked by signposts. The biggest issue will be how much snow is up on the Hunter Mtn. and South Pass. I've done this route in a crew cab Superduty 2WD. It's all dirt roads, some evil washboard though.

The first time I did this ride was before GPS. Before GPS us old guys used to use a great technology called MaPS.....

I'll be happy to highlight it on a map for whomever wants to lead it.

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #1031
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
You will have no trouble finding your way through this loop....as leader...you may want to remind everyone in your group to keep their front tire pressure up as the area around the racetrack is famous for causing flats....the Terra is a perfect bike for this loop....
I also heard that there are a couple washouts to lookout for as well.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #1032
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
This is an extremely easy route to follow. I would lead it but I am already leading rides on Thu and Fri. This loop is clearly marked on the Death Valley maps and is also marked by signposts. The biggest issue will be how much snow is up on the Hunter Mtn. and South Pass. I've done this route in a crew cab Superduty 2WD. It's all dirt roads, some evil washboard though.

The first time I did this ride was before GPS. Before GPS us old guys used to use a great technology called MaPS.....

I'll be happy to highlight it on a map for whomever wants to lead it.
South Pass and Hunter Mtn already have ice on them... but still doable.

Just have to get your speed up on the washboards.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #1033
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
South Pass and Hunter Mtn already have ice on them... but still doable.

Just have to get your speed up on the washboards.
Noobs ... Noobs ... Noobs ...

Don't want anyone getting hurt cause they were doing 45 mph to stay on top of the washboards and got twisted out of shape.

If there's ice up there now, it will likely still be there in March

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #1034
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
I will set up the ride and share leader responsibilities with my betters should the need arrise. Hunter Mountain had some snow and ice last year, but not a lot. Should be fun on a Heidi! So, I'll wander over to the signup page and get something going.

OK, ride is listed again, on Friday as before. All those deep in dispair, sign up again! I promise not to bail!

Ken

Blaise W screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 06:04 PM
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #1035
lifeofreilly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Huge thanks Joel. I'm all paid up. Just sent via paypal:
RV FULL HOOK UP - Seth Reilly (lifeofreilly) - RV FULL HOOKUP, R + RV3 + D3 = $152 ($20 + $90 + $42)
1. Seth Reilly + adobe crew (adobe folks will register and pay on their own, but some will share rv site for sleeping, a couple folks will pay for an additional ride in spot or two for overflow, they will send you the details with their payments)
2. In List #57 seth (lifeofreilly) – RV3 (#2) – D3
3. RV site #2 is perfect, thanks!
*all info included in paypal note

Huge thanks for orchestrating this beast of an event again!!! You are the man. I'm ordering the photoshop for the raffle right now. Looking forward to getting back to the desert. Braaaap!
lifeofreilly is offline   Reply With Quote