Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #46
watrboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Corbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedisgood View Post
How have you found the Corbin seat on the 919? I had one on my DL650, and for that bike it was a big improvement. However I did find it a bit slippery -- every time I stopped hard I would slide forward quite a bit. It was also pretty heavy, but undeniably useful on long trips.
I have had Mustang Seats on my Valkyries and found the Corbin to be a good replacement for stock on the 919 and I liked it better than the Mustangs for all day saddle time.
watrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #47
Jewiss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Just picked one up very cheap on trade in. No outdoor pics yet as I pretty much bought it and rode it home.
Swapped the bars, new skins, ready for the spring!
Sounds like the renthal ultra lows were a good choice,
Before

After
Jewiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #48
wonderings
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 928
Quote:
How have you found the Corbin seat on the 919? I had one on my DL650, and for that bike it was a big improvement. However I did find it a bit slippery -- every time I stopped hard I would slide forward quite a bit. It was also pretty heavy, but undeniably useful on long trips.
I had a corbin seat on my 919, it was light years better then the stock seat. It was the best money I spent on the 919, without question.
2010 GSA
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #49
enginerd81
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
The corbin is awesome! I had a hard time putting any kind of mileage on the bike until I got one. The stock seat is terrible.
I don't think the seat is anymore or less slippery than the stock seat.

Regarding the vibes - Ditching the stock bars and going with renthals fixed it for me. I have never noticed a "stink", from the bike anyways.
enginerd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #50
wonderings
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by enginerd81 View Post
The corbin is awesome! I had a hard time putting any kind of mileage on the bike until I got one. The stock seat is terrible.
I don't think the seat is anymore or less slippery than the stock seat.

Regarding the vibes - Ditching the stock bars and going with renthals fixed it for me. I have never noticed a "stink", from the bike anyways.
I remember my first "long" ride on the bike. This was before I understood the joy of touring. After an hour on the stock seat, my ass was killing me. 4 weeks later I had a corbin and the stock collected dust for 3 or 4 years in the garage, and still does at its new home.
2010 GSA
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #51
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 6,104
I should point out that the stink really isn't that big of a deal and I only started to notice it as my time on the bike was fewer and fewer between. And it's better, far better then most of my other much older and much more loose engines.

The vibration isn't much of an issue most of the time.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #52
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
I put up with the "stink" for years on mine, when I swapped to the CBR 900 exhaust it completely went away.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #53
hilltownwalsh
Ahhhhh, Bach!

Oddometer: 43
Never had the stink problem until I did the "bafflectomy". The bike sounds more growly, but I wouldn't do it again.
hilltownwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #54
speedisgood OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
was the down side of the bafflectomy simply the smell, or was there another down side? I have been thinking about doing a bafflectomy as well.
speedisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #55
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
was the down side of the bafflectomy simply the smell, or was there another down side? I have been thinking about doing a bafflectomy as well.

Blah, do the CBR 900 exhaust conversion. It all bolts up and is pretty cheap if you shop around. I got the header and two brothers slip on from Ebay for 100.00. Knocks about 20 pounds off the bike, sounds amazing, and looks pretty good IMHO.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #56
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:

IMO it sounds like crap. Couldn't wait to get that mistake off the bike. Heck there giving away cut-up OE cans over on the Wristtwisters forum.

MIVV X-cones sound and look the best.
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #57
speedisgood OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
For exhaust, I want something that sounds good, but doesn't wake the neighbors when I come home. Does Mivv x meet the requirements -- ie. can it be quiet, when at lower rpm?
speedisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,909
Quote:
For exhaust, I want something that sounds good, but doesn't wake the neighbors when I come home. Does Mivv x meet the requirements -- ie. can it be quiet, when at lower rpm?
If it's street legal, it will be as loud as stock at half available revs with
the dB killer insert.

Not just the Mivv. ANY street legal exhaust.
Some are even quieter then stock at low revs.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #59
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,936
Quote:
To each his own; did the bafflectomy on mine, had numerous positive comments vs no comments before, stink didn't seem to decrease or increase... I would do it again in a heartbeat if I couldn't afford the Scorpion.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #60
zozie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
How is this bike for someone who's 6'3" long term? I've always liked this bike, but sitting on a used one at a dealer felt kinda small. I got an Bmw F800R instead....
zozie is offline   Reply With Quote