Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
calvin.wiley OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Share a container from AK or WA to Vladivostok Summer 2013?

Hi guys,
looking for a affordable way to get my bike to Vlad late spring/early summer, it's currently in Anchorage but i could ride it down to WA if it is better to ship from there. Any advice appreciated.
calvin.wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
calvin.wiley OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Ok I have got a full quote in from some guys on both ends (Seattle & Vladivostock) these guys are reccomended on the HUBB, they handle a lot of bikes. The TOTAL to ship 4 bikes from Seattle to Vlad will be around 6800. This is a 20ft container that can hold up to 7 bikes. This includes all charges on both ends, customs, loading & securing (no crate nessesary) port fees, agent fees insurance ETC. the base container fee was only 3600. So I got with the guys on both ends to try to get all the litte fees and added everything up so there would be no surprises. The container can hold up to 7 bikes, I figured 4 for the quote of 6800. but each additional bike will be an additional 400. For the bike specific fees but the total would be split by more people. So 4 bikes will be 1700 per person, 5 bikes 1440.pp, 6 bikes 1266.pp
The time in route will be 18-20 days it goes from Seattle to busan Korea to Vladivostock. With weekly service, let me know if any of you guys are interested! Looking to leave out sometime in May.
calvin.wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Pootrol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Has anyone gone ahead with this? What are the chances for doing this, next year 2014
Pootrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
AspisBlue
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Agree, I am looking to do the same to vlad or south to the pacific
AspisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin.wiley View Post
4 bikes will be 1700 per person
I don´t really know about this, but just think it could be worth finding out, how much airfreight from US west coast to South Korea would cost. Getting to Russia from there will of course cost something, but if by air is not hugely more expensive, then airfreight has several clear advantages, moves fast and is easier to deal with at both ends. Some airlines even allow motorcycles to be sent without a crate.

Pecha72 screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 11:36 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote