User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
stinkyrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Eh? Sierra neveda adventures mother lode rain ride

Ok, it looks as if due to global warming Mark has been able to squeeze in a few more rides in what should be a wet winter by now in the foothills and sierra's, however, it was actually wet this weekend, but there was a nice window on saturday with ample opportunities for a good splash though the lower foothills between El Dorado hills and Murphy's Ca.

I have done this route before and it is one of my favorites for many, many reasons, and if you really pay attention you can see how many rides can be emulated from just this loop alone. With great roads such as Sand Ridge, Whiskey Slide, Jesus Marie, Sheep Ranch, Mountain Ranch, (just to name a few), how can you go wrong?!? Then sprinkle in a few gold mines, some local history and you've got your self one 8 hour roller coaster ride through the foothills.

I couldn't believe how much traction I found in the wet weather with the heidenau's, and I'm pretty stoked to see the revit gear survive an all day onslaught of rain and wind. I't seemed like such an odd idea heading out in the morning with the weather being as it was, but it was not a very cold storm with not to much ground saturation, so the mud was just perfect for riding the slide through the corners. However a word to the wise "100% water proof", is a misnomer. it's only a matter of time till the good 'ole H20 makes is way in through the seems and cracks of even the most expensive gear, so it pays off bringing two of everything on these days.

Also, what strong personality these guys have, when they refuse to pull out because of bad weather. If I didn't have friends like these, i would just be a giant wuss, cause I gotta admit, when i looked outside after waking up, I was thinking, "sweet, back to bed and back to the warmth, nobody's going anywhere today", Ha, what A fool I am sometimes....Dont you know,
it's all about the adventure!!

more photo's at
http://sarajane.smugmug.com/SierraNe...s/mother-lode-

stinkyrider screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 12:40 PM
stinkyrider is offline   Reply With Quote