User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 14,576
Triumph

I sold my beloved 990adv and I'm looking for a commuter bike that can use sometimes to ride to work and do some occasional touring around the state.

I want to keep a low budget and I don't need a rocket. I enjoy the riding.

I've looked at some amazing bikes like the Triumph street triple or Augusta brutale or Ducati monster... Beautiful but I fear it's too much hooligan.

.... I liked the Yamaha Bolt but I feel choppers are not my style.

I'm kind of liking the Triumph Boneville. It seems its a comfy bike and will do what I need. Seems like I can take my wife to a coffe or a couple of hours ride and she will ride comfortable.
Any comments? Can somebody show me where upstairs is this bike forum?

The Yamaha FZ09 looks good for the price.
KTM 990 ADV 07 sold Member #68,893
An exmilitary fast-jet pilot that is well aware of the challenges in keeping complex machines running, which owns and runs a string of aviation companies and teaches daily the management of complex engineering said: Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Oddometer: 5,023
My wife did not care for riding pillion on my Scrambler. She said the seat was too flat and she ended up staring at my shoulders. She liked the speed triple better. They are easy to be stoppid on though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 View Post
My wife did not care for riding pillion on my Scrambler. She said the seat was too flat and she ended up staring at my shoulders. She liked the speed triple better. They are easy to be stoppid on though.
Ahhh Scrambler! Now I have a new issue. Bonnie or scrambler?
An exmilitary fast-jet pilot that is well aware of the challenges in keeping complex machines running, which owns and runs a string of aviation companies and teaches daily the management of complex engineering said: Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,865
Turbo Busa.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Turbo Busa.

Thanks for helping keep this in jommoma.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
MikeinSA

Oddometer: 3,665
Look at the Triumph 800 Roadie. It's probably the best all-arounder I've ever owned (and I've owned a shit-load ). It's quick, light, takes regular gas, doesn't cost that much, good subframe for luggage, 2-year warranty, tubeless, good brakes, decent suspension, triple is very smooth. If I could only own one bike, this would be it.
MikeinSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post
Ahhh Scrambler! Now I have a new issue. Bonnie or scrambler?
Thruxton

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Rox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
The Street Triple makes a great commuter. Small, quick and agile. The newer ones are a little more tame. You'll have to test it and see. The Bonnie's are great too but not as good commuting. I've owned 3 of them. I assure you. The one good thing about the Bonnie is upkeep is a snap. Easy and cheap maintenance. Sucky for pillion. I don't care what anyone says. The Street is a little better but not much. The Bonnie cruisers are also a good option.
As for the Yammie FZ-09? If you think it's easy to get hooligan on a Street it's much easier on a FZ-09. Great option though.

Just test ride them and see. If you're on a budget you can easily find a 2013 leftover Bonnie cheap. 6k$? A 13 Street for as much as an FZ09. Triumph is a great marque.
Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSA View Post
Look at the Triumph 800 Roadie. It's probably the best all-arounder I've ever owned (and I've owned a shit-load ). It's quick, light, takes regular gas, doesn't cost that much, good subframe for luggage, 2-year warranty, tubeless, good brakes, decent suspension, triple is very smooth. If I could only own one bike, this would be it.
Thanks, but what's a 800 Roadie?

Edit: Never mind, I found it ... The basic tiger 800

Venteuri screwed with this post 01-23-2014 at 10:26 PM
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox View Post
The Street Triple makes a great commuter. Small, quick and agile. The newer ones are a little more tame. You'll have to test it and see. The Bonnie's are great too but not as good commuting. I've owned 3 of them. I assure you. The one good thing about the Bonnie is upkeep is a snap. Easy and cheap maintenance. Sucky for pillion. I don't care what anyone says. The Street is a little better but not much. The Bonnie cruisers are also a good option.
As for the Yammie FZ-09? If you think it's easy to get hooligan on a Street it's much easier on a FZ-09. Great option though.

Just test ride them and see. If you're on a budget you can easily find a 2013 leftover Bonnie cheap. 6k$? A 13 Street for as much as an FZ09. Triumph is a great marque.
Bonnie cruisers?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Thruxton

Beautiful, but from what I read the cafe's must not be far from each other because it's not that comfty
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #12
Duck Dodgers
Rock n’ Roll Refugee

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post
I sold my beloved 990adv and I'm looking for a commuter bike that can use sometimes to ride to work and do some occasional touring around the state.

I want to keep a low budget ?No farkles?

I've looked at Guzzi V7, Honda CB1100?

I'm kind of liking the Triumph Boneville. It seems its a comfy bike You must have a well padded assand will do what I need. Seems like I can take my wife to a coffe or a couple of hours ride and she will ride comfortable.
Any comments? Can somebody show me where upstairs is this bike forum?
I answered in YELLOW.

I have Bonnie, not a big two upper IMHO. Occasionally, sure. Commuter, most assuredly. Change the seat, shocks and springs and she's a keeper 4 life. Unless your down sizing the stable..

990 to Bonnie leaves a G----A---------P
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #13
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,516
if you like to RIDE (as well as commute) and enjoy canyons then street triple all the way. in the R variety.

it's what everything else is compared to for a reason.

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #14
Rox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
if you like to RIDE (as well as commute) and enjoy canyons then street triple all the way. in the R variety.

Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
Venteuri OP
I don't give a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post

Damn.... YES, YES YES. I want.