Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,381
My 2011 KTM Rallye Jacket allows fitment of a neck brace..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,042
I have the KTM enduro light jacket , it's a good jacket for enduro stuff not much of and adventure jacket as it has too much ventilation , but the is a KtM enduro jacket with liners NB compatible not sure if it has removable sleeve like it little brother .

I also have the ktm adv jacket , excellent jacket but not NB comparable , some time I take the liner out and use in the enduro jacket ,

P.s. I never wear my NB but I have one
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 741
I use the Alpinestars jacket that goes with their neck brace. Works well, but I prefer the Dririder adv jacket for ventilation in the warmer months, or just wear the brace and body armour and tshirt
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

So here's a list

Axo
Alpine star
Acerbis
Klim
Ktm
Kenney
Troylee
Honda
Leatte
Jt racing
Fox
Scott
Spidi
And the list goes on

So as you can see most if not all major brands have jackets now , its the Aussie importers that don't bring them in .
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Do you already have a particular brace?

I have a Leatt brace and have done the dririder thing, but imho it's still a compromise. I've also worn it outside other jackets, but it sits too high for me then. I now wear it with a pressure suit and my current jacket over the top and partially open, which is great in the heat, but not so good otherwise.

Have you bought a brace yet? If not, do you need a brace compatible jacket, or a brace that will work over a jacket? I'm looking at the Omega S1 at the moment, as it's designed to work over a jacket and it will probably cost the same a same as buying a jacket.

The Atlas looks possible and might be another alternative for this, but when I contacted PPS Moto they said it's really designed to be worn under armour as per other braces.
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
crash n bern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian V View Post
I have a Leatt brace and have done the dririder thing, but imho it's still a compromise. I've also worn it outside other jackets, but it sits too high for me then. I now wear it with a pressure suit and my current jacket over the top and partially open, which is great in the heat, but not so good otherwise.

I wear it over the Dri Rider with a pressure suit underneath. I had to the put the longer side brackets in and reverse the rear stay so it wouldn't sit high. My hydration pack holds it all in place. I do have the adjustable brace though, I don't think you can do it with the adventure brace.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #22
Dirt Doctor OP
Geographicallyembarrassed

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
So here's a list

Axo
Alpine star
Acerbis
Klim
Ktm
Kenney
Troylee
Honda
Leatte
Jt racing
Fox
Scott
Spidi
And the list goes on

So as you can see most if not all major brands have jackets now , its the Aussie importers that don't bring them in .
they are all mainly enduro jackets. I've got a scott jacket that I wear with the leatt neck brace. I wore it last year when we did the CSR and it was fine - but wouldn't wear it riding in winter in southern NSW or Vic. needs better water proofing & warmer liners

I'm after the adventure style jacket with liners that will take a neck brace. only one that seems to do that is the klim adventure jacket, ktm rally jacket & leatt adventure jacket (although it is still pretty close to an enduro jacket)
2001 KTM 400 EXC Motard
1989 U1700 Unimog Doka-The ultimate support vehicle
Dirt Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #23
prestonpaul
What?

Oddometer: 1,477
The Alpinestars Durban adventure jacket is compatible with thier bionic neck brace, it's worn over the top of the jacket, which has elastic loops to keep it in place. The jacket has a single gortex liner with some insulation, so it needs to be layered with mid & base layers for cold weather
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Doctor View Post
Anyone know of a jacket (not an enduro jacket) that will take a neck brace

Spent the day at the hospital getting scans on the neck after hitting a washout at speed on the 990 and getting serious whip lash .....wasn't all that fun

looked at the KLIM adventure jacket. anything else???
FYI : I received an email today to advise that KTM Twins are having a Sale which starts on 23/11/2012, which includes the KTM Rally Jacket for USD $191.65.
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
FEARNOBEER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Erzenberg View Post
FYI : I received an email today to advise that KTM Twins are having a Sale which starts on 23/11/2012, which includes the KTM Rally Jacket for USD $191.65.
Just had a look on their website and it says they don't ship the ktm jackets internationally.
FEARNOBEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #26
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Damn shame, I have bought plenty of other stuff from them ?
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #27
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Boltons have 2010 STK going cheap XXL size which is a good if wearing armor
Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #28
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,821
AXO Stone jacket
http://www.axo.com/us/stone-jacket

The new Axo Stone jacket is a dual sport winner. It takes the previous AXO Enduro jacket, and adds more vents, more pockets, heavier fabric, better liner, holder for hydration, CE armor, and Leatt compatibility*. This is the perfect 50/50 dirt / street (or 60/40) dual sport jacket.

Dirt: the Stone is rugged enough and cut correctly to use off road. Fabric is sturdy, and the cut is slightly loose. This allows the jacket to fit over armor, and to flow air even when moving slowly. Sleeves are removable, and words cannot describe how awesome this feature is. There are a lot of vents, and while we wish they were bigger (as we always do) they are not small. Pockets are well located and large. The jacket does not restrict movement at all.

Street: The Stone has a 3/4 cut that blocks wind on extended slab. The cuffs and collar seal up perfectly, the Stone has perhaps the best executed collar of any jacket we sell. There is enough room for add'l layers, but there are adjustments at the arms and waist to cinch. Those numerous pockets are great on the road too.

A word on Leatt compatibility: this feature is more awesome for use without a brace. Why? On hot days you can remove the area around the collar, stuff it in the pocket, and be much more cool and comfortable.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote