ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
millsan1 OP
IBA #49986

Oddometer: 239
A Christmas Story Saddle Sore ride?

As some may know, I enjoy Long Distance riding, specifically IBA rides. A Saddle Sore is 1,000 miles or more in 24 hours. There needs to be witnesses, documented fuel stops and a traceable route for it to count.

With that said, who is down for "A Christmas Story" Saddle Sore ride? The house from "A Christmas Story" is open as a museum. With some slight out of the way routing, a trip from my house in Jersey City, to and from Cleveland is 1024 miles. Just enough for a Saddle Sore.

10 hours out and 10 hours back, leaves us 4 hours for the visit, which is more than enough.

Leave at Midnight on a Friday Night and end up there for 10 AM opening. Back by Midnight Saturday Night.

I will get all the paperwork and witnesses set up if you guys are in.

LMK.

I think this Friday is a great day to try it.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
stbob
 

Oddometer: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
As some may know, I enjoy Long Distance riding, specifically IBA rides. A Saddle Sore is 1,000 miles or more in 24 hours. There needs to be witnesses, documented fuel stops and a traceable route for it to count.
With that said, who is down for "A Christmas Story" Saddle Sore ride? The house from "A Christmas Story" is open as a museum. With some slight out of the way routing, a trip from my house in Jersey City, to and from Cleveland is 1024 miles. Just enough for a Saddle Sore.
10 hours out and 10 hours back, leaves us 4 hours for the visit, which is more than enough.
Leave at Midnight on a Friday Night and end up there for 10 AM opening. Back by Midnight Saturday Night.
LMK.
Sounds like a cool ride but i'll probably be near dead & bloated from thanksgiving overindulgences to even think about a long distance ride. Let me know if you need a witness though. Ride safe...
stbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post

LMK.

Short notice for me.
If it wasn't for me having to work Friday, I'd be up for it.
Have fun!
MySPOT
RandoCommando is online now   Reply With Quote