User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
draculatransilvania OP
draculatransilvania

Oddometer: 18
TRANSFAGARASAN road/ Romania

Initially, I tested the A1 motorway without speeding, which was boring.
I climbed from Curtea de Arges, along a pleasant road, with nice, warm weather, to Vidraru dam.

From the dam, another road, with very many bends, started towards the rear end of the lake, a road with many potholes, which caused unspeakable discomfort, for my motorcycle has a stiff suspension system.

At long last, I began to glimpse the mountain ridges and, slowly, I began climbing towards the most spectacular area: the TRANSFAGARASAN road.

The asphalt on the Transfagarasan was exceptional, with no potholes, very many hairpin bends and views that take your breath away. On that night of September 3 fell the first snow of 2010. On the mountain tops there was snow and it was starting to get colder and colder. I was very inspired in Ramnicu Valcea, where I put on proper clothes. The Transfagarasan owes its beauty to the fact that the hairpin turns are very steep and tight at the same time, and the precipices 30-40 meters deep. The tilt of the motorbike in the turns amplifies the adrenalin 10 times ;)))))) It is the coolest sensation that I have ever experienced!

I went into the tunnel at Balea with great care, in nice weather. After I anxiously rode along the 900 meters of the tunnel, I was in for a shock at the other end of the tunnel: fog + snow. It was so cold that my visor fogged up instantly, and when I lifted the visor I saw the hawkers behind their roadside stalls, wearing winter clothing, hoods, gloves, etc.

I knew that this tunnel was famous for the fact that the weather was never the same at both ends, but I never thought the difference could be that big.

Sadly, I could not spend more hours in the area and walk down to the lake, because dusk came very quickly and the road ahead to Cluj was long.

I started my descent, in awe of the scenery, and promising myself that I would return (on a motorcycle or bicycle, of course).

http://alexandru-chiorean.blogspot.ro

draculatransilvania screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 12:47 PM
draculatransilvania is offline   Reply With Quote