ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #151
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
Link isn't working to register...
I sent you a PM too, but Im not sure whats wrong, everything worked for me when I did a test registration??

If anyone else is having a problem with the registration page please let me know.

Ben

COXR650L screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 08:58 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #152
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Deerhammer as Sponsor

Exciting news..........

Deerhammer Distilling Company has agreed to be a Westfest Sponsor

Deerhammer is an ADVrider run local business out of Buena Vista that specializes in "artisan style American whisky" and it will be a great opportunity to see a micro-distillery in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Deerhammer is not only a fully functioning micro-distillery, but they also have a tasting room and beautiful outdoor patio to enjoy their handcrafted cocktails as you take in the Collegiant Peaks after a long day of riding

Inmate and owner, =Lenny=, will of course be giving out some bottles of Deerhammer and swag for the Saturday Raffle, as well as some free drink tokens for people getting in to Westfest on Thursday. BUT.....

The best part will be an exclusive ADVrider VIP tour of the distillery Friday afternoon/evening to see first hand how he crafts the best whisky around and then enjoy some drink specials on the patio.

This will give people a great excuse to come in and not only see Deerhammer, but also down town Buena Vista after the tour.

**We are still working out some details and nothing has been set in stone, but =Lenny= is also trying to coordinate a shuttle so inmates have the option of getting a ride into Buena Vista for the tour and dinner and then back to Arrowhead Point.

Thanks Lenny!!!

COXR650L screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 04:00 PM
Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #153
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
=Lenny= is also trying to coordinate a shuttle so inmates have the option of getting a ride into Buena Vista for the tour and dinner and then back to Arrowhead Point.
Now THIS sounds like some serious trouble...and fun!

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #154
MikeFromMT
Past Tense

Oddometer: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
I reserved the last cabin (actually a yurt).
Did you actually talk to someone or do it online? Nobody's answering at the campground so I tried doing it online, the site says yurts are available but everything (and I mean everything) else is booked.

Do I look like a man with a plan?
MikeFromMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #155
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMT View Post
Did you actually talk to someone or do it online? Nobody's answering at the campground so I tried doing it online, the site says yurts are available but everything (and I mean everything) else is booked.
Mike have you left a message, I know they are not there all the time during the off season. They have been very good about returning calls though, generally same day.......
Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #156
MikeFromMT
Past Tense

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Mike have you left a message, I know they are not there all the time during the off season. They have been very good about returning calls though, generally same day.......
Yep, left a message with my concerns, my wife's a bit of a wuss, she considers a yurt roughing it, there are no hotels available within 25 miles and those that are available are running about $150+.
I may just ride out and tent it and she'll meet up with me on Sunday with the Jeep and trailer.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #157
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
I left a message and they called back. The woman I talked to said it was the last one, but I suppose it's possible somebody cancelled? As far as I can tell, the yurts are every bit as comfortable as a camping cabin, but I know how some women (like my wife, who is staying at home) can be about having to leave the building to use the bathroom.
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #158
MikeFromMT
Past Tense

Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
but I know how some women (like my wife, who is staying at home) can be about having to leave the building to use the bathroom.
That's it exactly, she used to tent camp, then camper in a campground with bathhouses, now it's hotels with private bathrooms, she's getting worse I tell ya.
Good news, I just got confirmation from the campground via email that I got the yurt, the wife agrees to rough it (relatively speaking) "it's only 3 days, I can handle it, it does have electricity right?"

Old 03-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #159
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
That's it exactly, she used to tent camp, then camper in a campground with bathhouses, now it's hotels with private bathrooms, she's getting worse I tell ya.
Good news, I just got confirmation from the campground via email that I got the yurt, the wife agrees to rough it (relatively speaking) "it's only 3 days, I can handle it, it does have electricity right?"

Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #160
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,531
I could do a distillery tour

as long as someone else is a driving!

siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #161
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,747
OK how did I miss this. I am going to REALLY try and make it again this year.

Marc
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #162
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
OK how did I miss this. I am going to REALLY try and make it again this year.

Marc
Me too! I've only been to one (at Arrowhead. 2006?). I hope I can make it!
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #163
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

I hope you guys can make it
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #164
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Since this is my first event like this, can someone give me some pointers on how to plan for food? I'm going to be tenting it at Arrowhead. Do most people go into town for food in the evenings (except the night of the bbq, of course )? I'm trying to get an idea of what I need to pack for this shindig.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #165
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,776
I think its do the ride and hit the local grocer City Market for some daily food to prepare then head back to the site and eat that stuff. I hope that Ben has advised the local booze outlets to expect an increase in sales. Probably on everything they sell. Just sayin'