ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #316
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post

Fun day......(minus my smashed radiator again) anyone know of radiator braces that will work with oversized radiators on a WR???
Try:
http://www.scorpionracing.ca
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #317
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, that looks like some nice stuff. I found some used OEM radiators on ebay last night though so I got enduro engineering cages to go with them.

Did you get stuff from them for the gas gas?
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #318
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, that looks like some nice stuff. I found some used OEM radiators on ebay last night though so I got enduro engineering cages to go with them.

Did you get stuff from them for the gas gas?
No, but have heard good things from the GasGas guys. They say the cages are the best out there and you will never bend a radiator.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #319
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
They say the cages are the best out there and you will never bend a radiator.
I bet Ben can find a way.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #320
LuluOfDenver
The peanut gallery.

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
This was posted in the regional WF thread and I wanted to share it with anyone from out of town:

I have ridden with Pat and I can tell you she knows how to ride a bike. This will be a very cool opportunity to learn some stuff and network.
Sounds awesome! I'll check out the other thread and participate!! Thanks for posting here Ben--I would have missed it otherwise.

Sent from my device upon which I can access nearly all knowledge in the world, yet which I actually use to look at pictures of motorbikes and cute dogs.

GIRL ON A MOTORBIKE
Http://louisesbmwbike.blogspot.com
LuluOfDenver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #321
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

I will be sending the registration list to Rocky Mountain ATV this week so we can participate in their Race Gas Program. They give every person registered a $10 gift certificate to use online.

So if you are planning on coming, get registered in the next day or two so you can get the free gift card and save some money

***Remember, we have the free shuttle running into town on Friday for specials at Deerhammer Distillery, and live music and the BBQ on Saturday Night!!

COXR650L screwed with this post 07-15-2013 at 07:41 AM
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #322
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,961
HUGE thanks to Dubinky!!!!!

$10 pledge per rider to COHVCO is appreciated!!!!

As the new President and Chairman of the Board of COHVCO (Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition), we need all the support we can get to keep our trails open.

I will do my best to attend the event on Friday or Saturday evening to represent COHVCO.
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #323
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
HUGE thanks to Dubinky!!!!!

$10 pledge per rider to COHVCO is appreciated!!!!

As the new President and Chairman of the Board of COHVCO (Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition), we need all the support we can get to keep our trails open.

I will do my best to attend the event on Friday or Saturday evening to represent COHVCO.
John thanks for the support and what you are doing at COHVCO, especially as the new president, congrats BTW! We would love to have you down for the BBQ!

I just want to be upfront with people and 100% honest. I have no problems donating proceeds to COHVCO and plan on doing just that. However as I stated on the registration page, I have to cover the expenses for Westfest first before we donate, and unfortunately that has not happened yet. I thought we would have a lot more people registered than we have so far......Just a lot going on during Colorado Summers

Rest assured as soon as the expenses for Westfest are covered money will go to COHVCO.

This event is not about making a profit, but about doing what many before me have done and making a fun weekend for ADV members to get together and be able to do it affordably. I know money is tight for folks and we tried to make this as cheap as possible so people can enjoy it.

We have worked really hard to bring in some cool stuff for the weekend and I hope people have a blast

Ben
Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #324
Big_John
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
John thanks for the support and what you are doing at COHVCO, especially as the new president, congrats BTW! We would love to have you down for the BBQ!

I just want to be upfront with people and 100% honest. I have no problems donating proceeds to COHVCO and plan on doing just that. However as I stated on the registration page, I have to cover the expenses for Westfest first before we donate, and unfortunately that has not happened yet. I thought we would have a lot more people registered than we have so far......Just a lot going on during Colorado Summers

Rest assured as soon as the expenses for Westfest are covered money will go to COHVCO.

This event is not about making a profit, but about doing what many before me have done and making a fun weekend for ADV members to get together and be able to do it affordably. I know money is tight for folks and we tried to make this as cheap as possible so people can enjoy it.

We have worked really hard to bring in some cool stuff for the weekend and I hope people have a blast

Ben

Ben,

I think everyone understands that you have built a "dirt cheap" event. $45 is absurd...... Most events like this are upwards of $250 a rider.

I hope that everyone understand the hundreds of hours that Ben has put into the planning, work and logistics.

Additionally, I hope that everyone understands that "free federal land access" ......isn't free. Between the TPA and COHVCO and others.....upwards of $100,000 have been spent (this year) on legal fees to keep our trails open.

Guys on the front range that ride private tracks, pay $10-$20 a day for a couple of hours of riding.....yet they do not understand the need to invest in the trails that COHVCO works to keep open.

I will be at the event to answer questions relating to these issues. We all ride the Collegiate's and the Taylor Park area, thinking it is free....without understanding the heavy lifting it takes to make these trails available to all of us.

Thank you all for your passionate interest in the sport that you love and thank you for considering......"GIVING BACK"!
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #325
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
I have to cover the expenses for Westfest first before we donate, and unfortunately that has not happened yet. I thought we would have a lot more people registered than we have so far......Just a lot going on during Colorado Summers
I just want to chime in that if any riders are holding out because of the well publicized fires around Colorado - they are not in areas close to the WF site. We have also been getting a lot of rain lately so that is helping supress the fires that are or were still burning. This is a great area to ride and I am really looking forward to this event.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #326
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 670
Quote:

Ben
I sure appreciate all you are doing Ben. Can't imagine the time you've spent. Part of my thanks will be an ear to ear grin at Taylor Park!

BTW....just signed up Michael (my 21 YO son). He's official. Arriving Wedn for a little Gunnison Spur action on Thurs (AKA Doctor Park). Anybody else interested? Not a noob trail, but not a real hard one either. Just plain ol fun....with a few climbs and a likely deep water crossing....that you can avoid if you bail out early.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #327
in2dabluz
ARTFUL DODGER

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
I just want to chime in that if any riders are holding out because of the well publicized fires around Colorado - they are not in areas close to the WF site. We have also been getting a lot of rain lately so that is helping supress the fires that are or were still burning. This is a great area to ride and I am really looking forward to this event.

Hey, Got any soap I can borrow ?
'08 KLR 685 "Hi Ho Silver"
'91 XR250L "Scout"
in2dabluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #328
in2dabluz
ARTFUL DODGER

Oddometer: 89
COUNT ME "IN" !

FINALLY had to tell the boss "TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT"
Richard Cranium wouldn't give me any time off for what I want to do,
SO, It's 5 o'clock somewhere

NOW when I wake up, everyday is a S A T U R D A Y

Seizure later in Bueny . . .
'08 KLR 685 "Hi Ho Silver"
'91 XR250L "Scout"
in2dabluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #329
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
BTW....just signed up Michael (my 21 YO son)
Wow, he's 21 already? Guess I should buy him a beer.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #330
delta21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Hi Y'all. I drove over Cottonwood pass last night(this morning) around 0100 the temp on the jeep showed a chilly 41 degrees. So you Dixie folks bring some warm gear :)
It has snowed measureable amounts every month of the year here in Colorado!
Ride safe
delta21 is offline   Reply With Quote