ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Joson559 OP
Adventure on!

Oddometer: 325
Question Caesar the dog needs a good home

Hello Adv, All apologies for tarnishing the sanctity of the regional boards, Especially as I haven't been very active lately. But this one is a personal doozy and I could use some help.

Our family rescued this dog from an insane neighbor, and he has lived with us for 3 Weeks and we have tried our best to rehabilitate him. Caesar is still very young, and has loads of energy to run & play. What he really needs is a large fenced yard to romp around in by himself or with other larger dogs. Our family has made every attempt to give him normal conditions, including teaching him to sit, teaching him a silent command, teaching him how to eat Dogbones, and in general how to be a normal dog. These were all things that the previous owner was absolutely un-willing to do.

We have altered Caesar and jabbed him for Rabies. On Day 2 he was back to normal. Did I mention the Loads of energy!? Today, after 5 days, he is fully healed but we are still keeping him in a kennel for a few more days per doctors orders.

You know the sob story, Unfortunately we cannot keep him because we have so many other rescued dogs. Including two small, uncontrollably assertive dogs that are unable to get along with Caesar. Full disclosure, Caesar is too big & rambunctious to live with children full-time indoors (or other tiny, assertive dogs) Honestly, Caesar needs his own home and that's what I'm requesting from ADV. I need a reliable adult human candidate who has a stable home environment and generally sound mindset. Not looking for anyone who has questionable intentions for the animal including 24/7 Chains, Runners/Trolleys, or worse. Also not looking for anyone who sells these animals into the hells of the cosmetic industry. (Google "bunchers") I trust that anyone looking at this board is, shall we say, of a slightly higher caliber than the general populace. Thank you in advance.

So if you think you can provide a decent home, Or you know somebody who can, Please reach out to me. We are located in the upstate of SC.
Also I promise not to needlessly bump this thread, because that's annoying lol

Here are some videos we took on Day 1 after his rescue. His behavioral/health improvements have been astounding since then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUXhUG5AuCQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5aXv8_XbwI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_96HuTQ0Rp0

-Max

Joson559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,837
Good Job Max!! We're all dogged up here, but someone will take that good lookin fella.

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,849
Good on ya!

Unfortunately we just took in our third rescue and are working through the integration process. Three full size is our max.

Bump to keep this at the top.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,866
Ttt
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Stromin'Nroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Howdie,

My wife in deeply involved in a local Golden Retriever Rescue, by default I've learned more than I ever thought I needed to know on the subject.

If you haven't already, I would STRONGLY recommend that you contact a Boxer rescue.
They are Caesar's best bet in finding a permanent home that understands him and can deal with him without getting bounced from home to home.

A breed-specific rescue will understand him better than a shelter, all-breed rescue or a well-meaning but inexperienced person from the internet.

What you've done is truly admirable, but is just a first step in Caesar's journey to reaching his full potential as a well-adjusted family member.

I am not personally familiar with any of these rescue groups but I'm sure at least one will be able to find a foster family to rehab, train and do whatever Caesar needs to find a permanent loving home.

Below is National Rescue organization, they can help you find a local group:

http://www.americanboxerrescue.org/a...es/default.asp

Here are some local groups I Googled:

http://cbr.homestead.com/contactCBR.html

http://www.blueridgeboxerrescue.com/

http://boxer.rescueme.org/SouthCarolina

http://www.wncboxerrescue.org/

Suzuki DL650A K7
SW-Motech Centre Stand & Crashbars
Caribou Luggage

".......and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC." Frank Zappa, 1979
Stromin'Nroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,837
How is this going? Any bites?
..... ttt

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Joson559 OP
Adventure on!

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromin'Nroman View Post
Thank you for the information. Some of these are new to me, And I appreciate you reaching out to help.

Still searching for a good home for him. Thanks to those who have responded.

Joson559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Stromin'Nroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by joho View Post
Thank you for the information. Some of these are new to me, And I appreciate you reaching out to help.

Still searching for a good home for him. Thanks to those who have responded.

Have you contacted any of these Boxer Resues?

I know this is probabbly a busy time of year for them, but even if he's a Boxer mix, they should be able to offer something. Some of these groups may have more resources available than others in term of foster families or temporary accomodations, training, etc. It's worth calling around.

Best of luck,

Norm

Suzuki DL650A K7
SW-Motech Centre Stand & Crashbars
Caribou Luggage

".......and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC." Frank Zappa, 1979
Stromin'Nroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Hope you find a good home for him. I will ask a friend of mine if she would be willing to rescue him. She is currently looking for a rescue but I am not sure she is up for the hard work of a big dog rescue.

btw we are currently in the process of trying to rehab a rescue pit bull. It has been 6 months of training (two separate professional trainers). We have gotten very little out of this unfortunately but we are still working. Fingers crossed.

Chessie-Owner screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 01:42 PM
Chessie-Owner is offline   Reply With Quote