ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #346
kicktenmin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
yes owner of the mx track and Made for play motosports bike repair shop
kicktenmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #347
late-apex
XR650L

Oddometer: 71
You have trails too? I called you last winter but were closed due to ice, went to AAA and busted my ass in frozen mud, should've taken your advice. I haven't been able to check out the track cause I usually have a mix of mx and ATV guys with me.
late-apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #348
late-apex
XR650L

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
I'm up for riding this Sat or Sun. I can ride anything from single track on my "small bike" or a mostly road ride on my "big bike".
I'll be heading to AAA in the afternoon on Saturday but a couple of hooligans will be there all day. I'll ride more on Sunday.
late-apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #349
-Mike-Meadows of Dan
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Parkway Church Road in Meadows of Dan

Regarding Parkway Church Road, I live on the road and I maintain it. I've noticed a few motorcycles coming through here lately, and I am glad to see that nobody is racing, or littering, or riding up and down the road over and over ... I'm just seeing people riding through now and then in a polite manner.

This is a public road, I don't mean for it to sound like it's up to me to decide who can drive down it. However, we could turn the road into a private road. I don't want to do that, I've always enjoyed people coming through here, they seem to have a lot of fun. And there's always been so little traffic that it's sort of a novelty when someone comes through. I hope y'all will continue to act respectfully and not give us any reason to question why we leave the road open to the public.

BTW, be careful on Squirrel Spur, one curve is so bad that we had three motorcycles go off in one weekend recently.
-Mike-Meadows of Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #350
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mike-Meadows of Dan View Post
Regarding Parkway Church Road, I live on the road and I maintain it. I've noticed a few motorcycles coming through here lately, and I am glad to see that nobody is racing, or littering, or riding up and down the road over and over ... I'm just seeing people riding through now and then in a polite manner.

This is a public road, I don't mean for it to sound like it's up to me to decide who can drive down it. However, we could turn the road into a private road. I don't want to do that, I've always enjoyed people coming through here, they seem to have a lot of fun. And there's always been so little traffic that it's sort of a novelty when someone comes through. I hope y'all will continue to act respectfully and not give us any reason to question why we leave the road open to the public.

BTW, be careful on Squirrel Spur, one curve is so bad that we had three motorcycles go off in one weekend recently.

just have to comment here that it seams you are takining this to an extreme, as I and many others with many groups, have been down the p/way for many years.... we have stayed at the campgrouds, and at the motel. if it bothers you that somone rides down your road, by all means put a chain acros the end of it.... good luck.
Having lived on a "private" road in Va. for a decade, i will say take a chill pill.

do you really think those folks are going down your road to mess with ya?
No, they just didn't have clear directions to the campgrounds down the road.

jeeebus, you created an account just to tell us ADV people how pizzed you are?

g'night.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #351
-Mike-Meadows of Dan
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Not at all ... I am not upset, I was saying thanks for going slow and not littering and such.
-Mike-Meadows of Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #352
mas335
xendurist

Oddometer: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mike-Meadows of Dan View Post

I'm on MIke's side on this issue, I live right here in Winston but I have lots of roads that I ride on in other counties that are quite, remote, pristine dirt and gravel one lane farm roads. These roads pass by country homes, and farm houses with critters hanging out in the road which feels more a part of their yard than anything else.

I respect their privacy and peace and quiet and don't abuse what I consider a privledge to just be able to use them and even though they are all public roads they feel private.

It is for this reason that I don't share where I ride with people I don't know, I would hate to lose the relaxed attitude by those home owners due to houligans coming along tached out, sliding through turns and spinning up dirt clouds because they think it's cool.

Coming from a racing background I know how much fun all that is but I like to always remember that I need peaceful access to these backroads more than they need me riding on them.

mas335 screwed with this post 09-29-2013 at 02:22 AM
mas335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #353
turtlemoye
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
just have to comment here that it seams you are takining this to an extreme, as I and many others with many groups, have been down the p/way for many years.... we have stayed at the campgrouds, and at the motel. if it bothers you that somone rides down your road, by all means put a chain acros the end of it.... good luck.
Having lived on a "private" road in Va. for a decade, i will say take a chill pill.

do you really think those folks are going down your road to mess with ya?
No, they just didn't have clear directions to the campgrounds down the road.

g'night.
Dude, you are totally reading this the wrong way. I saw Mike out maintaining the road on Saturday and spoke to him briefly. While I understood it to be a public road I noticed he was working on it and stopped just to make sure it wasn't private. He was just as cordial in person as he was in his post. We love riding roads like this because they are rough (by comparison) and remote. While we are riding D/S bikes by there once in a blue moon he and his neighbors drive their cars on it daily and want to keep it in good shape. Imagine if the street that you live on (which is likely maintained by the state/city) wasn't paved and dudes were zipping up and down it on bikes or even worse 4 wheelers. His concerns are valid and should be respected.

You can come in if you want but I'm not putting on pants for you.
2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511

turtlemoye screwed with this post 09-29-2013 at 06:40 PM
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #354
MinglewoodNC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Thanks Mike!

Thank you Mike for your kind consideration and hard work!
Bill

and you M-O-B need the chill pill, you are out of line. Go clean off your belly button window!
MinglewoodNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #355
CheapB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
hey Mike, I've only been down it once, and just wanted to say thanks for maintaining the road. If you see an all black Vstrom come down it again, and you're out and about wave me down, I'll buy ya a drink.
CheapB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #356
throttledan
Intl Man of Intrigue

Oddometer: 62
Hello everyone. Does anybody have any expertise in removing a chain and putting a new one on an 08 KLR650? Also do you guys recommend using the clips or the rivets?
Thanks!

'08 KLR 650

"Nothing is impossible, it just may look unrealistic at the time."
throttledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #357
turtlemoye
Gnarly Adventurer

Have you tried posting your question here?: https://www.klr650.net/forums/

2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #358
kicktenmin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
hi i own made for play motosports in pilot mtn can do that for you call 336-972-4703 thanks ricky
kicktenmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #359
turtlemoye
Gnarly Adventurer

Tomorrow is the last day of daylight savings and the weather looks great. Anybody want to explore dirt roads in VA?

2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #360
afulp99
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I'm game.

'12 KLR 650
'00 Concours
afulp99 is offline   Reply With Quote