ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #31
guns_equal_freedom OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
I didn't ask you not to post it. I was responding to tod701.

Do you not stand by your clearly stated views?

Are you not proud?

You never felt the need to explain yourself on that or other posts (the calling Christine Gregoire a 'whore' was a nice one), so why do you think I owe you anything?

Whether or not I stand by what I said is not the issue.
You asked me not to use those terms here on the board, I agreed.

What Tod posted is not the issue either.

Why do you feel the need to repost what you told me offends you.
Good for the goose is not good for the gander?
You're more equal than others?

I asked you why you feel the need to troll my posts (and others containing Washington State Content).
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #32
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,710
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #33
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by WB-PDX View Post

That's funny cause we're all thinking it... everybody secretly loves the drama lama.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
Eldon
950 ADV

Oddometer: 453
^ It's one way at keeping this thread on top. Too bad I'll miss all the drama while I'm out riding.

06 YZ250 Smoker
00 KTM LC-4 - Sold
93 CR125 - Sold
89 CR80 - Sold
84 XR80 - Sold
74 Honda MR50 - Sold and I wish I hadn't
Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #35
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,238
Washington goose, Oregon gander?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwisn View Post
Washington goose, Oregon gander?
It's gonna turn into one big turducken. Deep fried.
what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #37
slugsmasher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Posted comment but users beware, look at the "documents" postiing from the first round of comments and everyone's full email is listed. So if you want to spam all the moto hatin jogger hiking horsey liberal REI junkies then go for it and of course vice versa.

I for one do not see a problem. This state has more than enough recreational opportunities for every discipline you can imagine. I mountain bike, hike, trail run, rock climb, mountaineer, kayak and of course motorcycle. Not an issue with access in this state which is why I choose to live here. I have been to other parts of the country and tried to "recreate" and unless you live in Seattle and have to drive for 2 hours to do anything WA has got it good, real good...DP besides.

In my opinion it appears that not enough revenue is being generated so let's ask the users what they want and try to capitalize on that. Let's put up billboards and zip lines and have a merry freak show of "adventure tourists" on unicycles in our beautiful forest disneyland with a Starbucks and an REI in every state park...WTF where's my latte and Goretex butt plug. Have you been to Yosemite lately, what a clusterama...don't want to go there but that's the model. I don't think anyone is trying to give us a good deal. The bottom line is gathering more funding while expending the least amount of overhead. We already pay some of the highest property, vehicle and sales tax in the country and nothing much has changed in the parks and trail systems for the last 25 years other than the D.P. which I begrudgingly pay for every year. I say leave it alone and use the DP revenue for something other than whatever it is they are using it for now which isn't parks and trails. Again, my opinion of course.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #38
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugsmasher View Post
This state has more than enough recreational opportunities for every discipline you can imagine.
You must not imaging much single track motorcycle riding.

Quote:
I say leave it alone and use the DP revenue for something other than whatever it is they are using it for now which isn't parks and trails. Again, my opinion of course.
Keep in mind that by law only $2.40 of your Discover Pass goes to the DNR.
(the DNR actually wanted less, but we work with the legislature and got them more than they asked for)

The rest goes to other state agencies that don't allow offroad motorcycle use.

And of that $2.40, none of it has to go toward motorized recreation.

The only way for that to change is to either change the Washington state Commissioner of Public Lands or the State law. Neither will happen in the near future without much larger involvement by the offroad vehicle community.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #39
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
nothing much has changed in the parks and trail systems for the last 25 years
Other than the lose of riding areas such as North Fork, P5000, Reiter and countless mile of trail access on USFS managed public land.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #40
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,945
Looking at all of the responses, I wonder if the mountain bikers community is just that much better organized (younger, more tech-savvy?), that much bigger, or both, than the motorcycle community? Seems like every other response is "we need more MTB trails".
huzar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #41
Eldon
950 ADV

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
Looking at all of the responses, I wonder if the mountain bikers community is just that much better organized (younger, more tech-savvy?), that much bigger, or both, than the motorcycle community? Seems like every other response is "we need more MTB trails".
That's what I'm thinking. I bet they're spending the time to sent their response and telling others in their community instead of bitching among themselves.

06 YZ250 Smoker
00 KTM LC-4 - Sold
93 CR125 - Sold
89 CR80 - Sold
84 XR80 - Sold
74 Honda MR50 - Sold and I wish I hadn't
Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,183
Also, mountain bikers probably use equipment specific trails a lot more than motorcyclists do.

i.e. a mountain biker spends 90% of his riding on mountain bike trails, and very little time on public dirt roads. We on the other hand get a lot more use out of the dirt roads and we ride trails too. So they've got more to gripe about.

Or we argue too much with each other.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #43
slugsmasher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
for tod701 - The point of my original reply was that it appears that the WSCORP is looking for ways to exploit outdoor activities in order to generate more revenue for the state. I agree that there should be more west side single track moto areas but I refer you to the east side of the mountains where you can ride forever on ST moto trails, not sure if there is anywhere in the country that has better terrain/scenery or is more vast. Maintaining access to what we already have is paramount to this whole discussion.

To comment on the MTB movement, I am primarily a mountain biker and have been involved with many efforts to keep MTB trails open. We are in a constant battle with horse people and hikers however a positive movement lately has been the acceptance of MTB only (and hiker if you dare) areas. Many of the MTBers on the WSCORP would like to see more MTB only areas and they are just like motobikers in this regard but as mentioned have a lot more energy and motivation to act.

I would agree that most motobikers use the forest roads more than anyone and that is great, it is a fantastic network. I for one use many of the "singletrack" moto areas for adventure mountain biking and I rarely if ever see a motorcyclist in these areas. I'm talking Entiat area, Loop Loop/Starvation Mt area, Chickamin/Mad Lakes, Capitol Forest, Mt St Helens areas, Ellensburg Taneum areas, all these I can count on one hand the amount of motorcyclists in the last 25+ years of mountain biking I have done ( I guess one caveat is that I try to avoid weekends!). So the trails are out there as far as I know and have experienced and open to anyone with the time and effort to get out there. With the vast network of willing volunteers the trails will always be there no matter who or what the state wants to do. Hopefully we get to keep what we already have in the future.

So whatever the case - this is how I do it - roads moto, trails-MTB and with running shoes in the panniers every option is open:

I'll pay the fees and annual pass crap whatever, just keep what we have open to what we have.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #44
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
You asked me not to use those terms here on the board, I agreed.
Do you make this up as you go?

We never had that exchange that I can recall. I mean, I've pointed out your bigoted posts a couple of times in the political rants that you insist on posting in PNW, but I have never asked anything from you. In fact, you generally skulk away with no further comment.

Interesting you want to chat about it now.

DireWolf screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 12:49 PM
DireWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #45
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
Do you make this up as you go?

We never had that excange that I can recall. I mean, I've pointed out your bigoted posts a couple of times in the political rants that you insist on posting in PNW, but I have never asked anything from you. In fact, you generally skulk away with no further comment.

Interesting you want to chat about it now.
I've been waiting for this post for days.

All the bigots that post in the PNW forum will delete posts or sulk away, but never own up to their racism, classism or sexism; nor will they every apologize for anything but getting caught.

'MERICA!
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote