Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #16
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe1 View Post
It's really simple. Harley Davidsons are an icon here in the USA and worldwide. HD is easily the most popular name in the motorcycle industry especially to non-riders. Really no reason to be offended.
The brilliance of HD marketing- selling outdated, 'Millwakee butt jewlery', made in China chrome and barbie tassels to wannabe 'bad' guys (and now 'dolls') for premium prices. You have to hand it to them, they are good!

When I am asked if I ride a HD - a good belly laugh and a shake of the head gets a wide-eye look of embarrasment in return.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
The brilliance of HD marketing- selling outdated, 'Millwakee butt jewlery', made in China chrome and barbie tassels to wannabe 'bad' guys (and now 'dolls') for premium prices. You have to hand it to them, they are good!

When I am asked if I ride a HD - a good belly laugh and a shake of the head gets a wide-eye look of embarrasment in return.
So you can't afford one either?
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
JPDenny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Cool2

I ride a Wide Glide, a Bonneville, and right now my only off- roader is a WR450, the one thing I really don't like about the Harley is those tools that put other bikes down. I just say, "you're not one of those guys that only has one bike are you?"
JPDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
crash279
DFW Supermoto Crew

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post

Wow, any chance you would be my public spokes person? That was right on the money and put way better than anything that I can come up with!
crash279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,609
To give credit where credit is due- I have freinds who are HD owners and riders - some of the really best bike riders there are. I mean, they ride harder and faster than most sport bike wannabe's and really long distances too. It is fun riding with them as they ride their machines to the limit. It is the cult thing I laugh at.

Nearest bike shop to me is a HD dealership. Last WE I had to get the KLR TXDoT inspected. On the one side of the shop was a Bandidos member, a VP patch, 1% 'er etc etc and on the other side was a Los Familie (sp?) and another but different gang member, all tattooed and all trying to look cooler than the next waiting for their $400 oil changes and 'tune-ups'. Strutting like turkeys in their ass-less chaps, patched vests and DOT doo-rags. And they pay a lot of money for that stuff! Entertaining.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote