Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #46
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
I've seen a lot of that too, but I've also met plenty of BMW snobs who are every bit as much "lifestyle riders" as a lot of the suburban midlife crisis dentist-turned-weekend-outlaw-pirate-wannabe. I have my preferences bike-wise, but I don't care what anyone else rides as long as they don't get in my face about it. I find it's usually people without much actual riding experience that get all high and mighty about brand. Their riding credentials aren't deep enough to give them their self confidence, so all they can hold onto for reassurance is the brand of their bike.
This.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #47
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjon View Post
rofl.....might be stealing this for certain moments
Have at it!!!

I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #48
Vincenthdfan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmokey View Post
Harley Davidsons are like tampons.....

Every pussy has one.
You know...I almost took the bait and started to call you a stereotyping asshole.

Then I read your profile and saw you're at the ripe old age of 16 years old.

Your not even old enough to know what that means yet, so Im just going to refrain from calling you that.

Someday you'll see the error of your ways.
Vincenthdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #49
TVtommy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite1 View Post

Him - "Nope, but I do know enough to know that the only bike worth owning is a Harley."

WTF??? Okay, we're done here.......
If someone ever said that to me, I'd probably "so, how long have you been racist?"

Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #50
Harry Backer
Ran when parked!

Oddometer: 373
Was in the cell phone place last year.
Girl says after seeing my helmet (a rare sight where I live)” You ride a cruiser or a crotch rocket?”
At the time I was on my airhead. Me” It’s a standard.”
Girl with a perplex look. “A standard? What’s that?”
Me “A normal motorcycle.”
Girl “So more of a crotch rocket?”
Me “Never mind.”
I just left the store and bought a phone elsewhere.
Now she did start to talk abpout her boyfreinds roadking (which is an good bike for it intended use) but by then it was just white noise.
Harry Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #51
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Backer View Post
Was in the cell phone place last year.
Girl says after seeing my helmet (a rare sight where I live)” You ride a cruiser or a crotch rocket?”
At the time I was on my airhead. Me” It’s a standard.”
Girl with a perplex look. “A standard? What’s that?”
Me “A normal motorcycle.”
Girl “So more of a crotch rocket?”
Me “Never mind.”
I just left the store and bought a phone elsewhere.
Now she did start to talk abpout her boyfreinds roadking (which is an good bike for it intended use) but by then it was just white noise.

Shes a woman..... Its ALL white noise!
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #52
orforester
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I agree with Vicenthd. I ride a Harley, 08 Electra...bagger. It is nuts on reliable, they are kinda like Les Schwab, lots of dealers and service and parts are everywhere...if I were to need them. Yes I have a leather jacket and chaps, but yes I wear a full face helmet always, and have a Tourmaster 3 jacket and overpants, so there goes the stereo type.

But guess what else?? I also have a 89 K100 RS BMW. It rides great for about 150 miles and then it is hot or cramped and I want my Harley, but it is lightning fast and kick butt fun.

And then I have a XT 550 Yamaha, for those dirt/gravel roads, and better still is my Yamaha XS650 Street tracker, for those other rides.

Had a FT500 Ascot, twice, just fun bike, but not enough power for my tastes, small lightweight, great gas mileage, good till about 50MPH. Then it dies, and I did all the re-jetting and changing sprockets you can think of. Traded it for the XT 550. Love it, lots of power and loads of fun, but again not a touring bike.

So hanging with all of the above, I think BMW riders are the most stuck up riders I know. Harley riders, and including some three patchers are much more forgiving and less brand specific than BMW riders. And compared to my Harley the BMW is a pain. Spline lubes every year, if not the beast won't shift, and the spline lube is a 8 hour job. Yeah it runs forever, but oil/water pumps don't last, rebuilt the forks three times, and it eats tires (well maybe that is my agressive riding). Ok Bash away, but if you told me you bought a FT, I would ask why? the 83/84 were great, water cooled, great mileage, better power. Hummm v twin too! heehee.
orforester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #53
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenthdfan View Post
You know...I almost took the bait and started to call you a stereotyping asshole.

Then I read your profile and saw you're at the ripe old age of 16 years old.

Your not even old enough to know what that means yet, so Im just going to refrain from calling you that.

Someday you'll see the error of your ways.
Ok? You're almost as ignorant as you think I am. Of course I know what a stereotypical asshole is. I go to a liberal high school. I'm surrounded by the bastards.

And stereotypes are there for a reason buddy. THEY ARE TRUE!

lilsmokey screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 06:56 AM
Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #54
Vincenthdfan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Ok? Your almost as ignorant as you think I am. Of course I know what a stereotypical asshole is. I go to a liberal high school. I'm surrounded by the bastards.

I rest my case.
Vincenthdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #55
boxerboy81
Stay Horizontal

Oddometer: 2,192
There's always an exception to the stereotype, and they're the ones that get most offended by these threads. They should be the ones that get congratulated.

This work is from a 16 yo.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11463...449?banner=pwa

boxerboy81 screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 12:59 AM
boxerboy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #56
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Ok? Your almost as ignorant as you think I am. Of course I know what a stereotypical asshole is. I go to a liberal high school. I'm surrounded by the bastards.

You're
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #57
marksbonneville
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenthdfan View Post
I rest my case.
He's a little punk ass runny nose boy no need to even listen to the brat.
marksbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #58
elite1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by orforester View Post
I agree with Vicenthd. I ride a Harley, 08 Electra...bagger. It is nuts on reliable, they are kinda like Les Schwab, lots of dealers and service and parts are everywhere...if I were to need them. Yes I have a leather jacket and chaps, but yes I wear a full face helmet always, and have a Tourmaster 3 jacket and overpants, so there goes the stereo type.

But guess what else?? I also have a 89 K100 RS BMW. It rides great for about 150 miles and then it is hot or cramped and I want my Harley, but it is lightning fast and kick butt fun.

And then I have a XT 550 Yamaha, for those dirt/gravel roads, and better still is my Yamaha XS650 Street tracker, for those other rides.

Had a FT500 Ascot, twice, just fun bike, but not enough power for my tastes, small lightweight, great gas mileage, good till about 50MPH. Then it dies, and I did all the re-jetting and changing sprockets you can think of. Traded it for the XT 550. Love it, lots of power and loads of fun, but again not a touring bike.

So hanging with all of the above, I think BMW riders are the most stuck up riders I know. Harley riders, and including some three patchers are much more forgiving and less brand specific than BMW riders. And compared to my Harley the BMW is a pain. Spline lubes every year, if not the beast won't shift, and the spline lube is a 8 hour job. Yeah it runs forever, but oil/water pumps don't last, rebuilt the forks three times, and it eats tires (well maybe that is my agressive riding). Ok Bash away, but if you told me you bought a FT, I would ask why? the 83/84 were great, water cooled, great mileage, better power. Hummm v twin too! heehee.

Ha! Another FT basher! Its ok. I'm already getting used to it. I honestly dont know why I bought the little bike either. I guess it just kind of spoke to me and asked me if I would bring it home. I like the lightness of the bike and I always liked the power delivery of a big thumper. I dont plan on doing any extensive touring, but if I did, the little FT could handle a shorter trip. Not that it matters, but the v twin ascot you speak of is called a vt500 ascot. I like those too. I think its cool that you're a Harley rider who owns and appreciates other bikes. Again, you get it. You're rhe real deal. Check this out. Heres the guys that I just cant hang with.....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=UpOBg...%3DUpOBgvHmqf4
10 Triumph Thruxton - ton up bitch ; 86 Elite 150 Deluxe - pimpin' 80's icon ; 78 Puch Newport - still in the family. Still can't outrun Fido. ; 07 Elite 80 - bulletproof but boring - sold ; 82 Honda Ft500 Ascot - The lil' donkey's bed - gone but not forgotten.
elite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #59
marksbonneville
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
Ha! Another FT basher! Its ok. I'm already getting used to it. I honestly dont know why I bought the little bike either. I guess it just kind of spoke to me and asked me if I would bring it home. I like the lightness of the bike and I always liked the power delivery of a big thumper. I dont plan on doing any extensive touring, but if I did, the little FT could handle a shorter trip. Not that it matters, but the v twin ascot you speak of is called a vt500 ascot. I like those too. I think its cool that you're a Harley rider who owns and appreciates other bikes. Again, you get it. You're rhe real deal. Check this out. Heres the guys that I just cant hang with.....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=UpOBg...%3DUpOBgvHmqf4
I don't see anyone bashing the little Honda just the Harleys, I like all bikes and never had one that didn't make me smile.
marksbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #60
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbonneville View Post
He's a little punk ass runny nose boy no need to even listen to the brat.

You are not worth my time.

Quote:
I rest my case.
And neither are you.

This was a 16 year old to. Took him 3 years i think?
http://www.fordification.com/forum/v...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

He built a home made prerunner and raced it out of a 1971 f250 and a 1968 f250. Started as this....

to this.....

to this....

and finally this.