Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #61
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsmokey View Post
You are not worth my time.

And neither are you.

This was a 16 year old to. Took him 3 years i think?
http://www.fordification.com/forum/v...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

He built a home made prerunner and raced it out of a 1971 f250 and a 1968 f250. Started as this....

to this.....

to this....

and finally this.

So if your gonna spend your time trying to diss a 16 year old how about you go and do something productive. Or do you not want to break a nail?
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #62
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 690
funny thread...

Back in the old days around the bonfire, my non-riding buddy would tell scary biker Harley dudes that I had motorcycles too....

"what-cha-got, Jap crap?":......"a Beemer"......."a Beezer?[BSA] cool":...."no, no, a european shaft drive 1000cc horizontally opposed air cooled twin."....."a what?"

And then we were all motorcycle buddies without me having to explain myself or get raped.

They didn't understand the bike but it was cool because it was 1000cc and had two cylinders.

ecubed screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 12:13 PM
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
Paul_Rochdale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
When I planned to ride coast to coast across the US in 2002 and 2006, each time I was asked "Are you going to hire a Harley?" and "Are you going to ride Route 66?". I flew and shipped my own motorcycle over there, and yes, I did ride on Route 66 for a couple of hours only. And at one filling station, we got talking to a small group of riders. One gave me the keys to his Electo-Glide which I took up the road for a couple of miles before gratefully handing it back. Nice people the Americans.
Paul_Rochdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #64
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Rochdale View Post
When I planned to ride coast to coast across the US in 2002 and 2006, each time I was asked "Are you going to hire a Harley?" and "Are you going to ride Route 66?". I flew and shipped my own motorcycle over there, and yes, I did ride on Route 66 for a couple of hours only. And at one filling station, we got talking to a small group of riders. One gave me the keys to his Electo-Glide which I took up the road for a couple of miles before gratefully handing it back. Nice people the Americans.
Why thank you!
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #65
Carter Pewterschmidt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Harleys are popular so people who don't ride think speaking about them in a positive light will make themselves sound cool.

When I was into muscle cars it was the same story. I'd commonly get asked what V8 I was building when at the machine shop or buying parts. I'd tell them a 289 Ford motor and they would say that I should be building a small block chevy because they're the best V8 ever made. Then they'd drive away in a Dodge Shadow.
Carter Pewterschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #66
Honda Scoot
My First Gold Chain

Oddometer: 357
I rode to a local "Bike Night" weekly gathering on a perfectly restored Honda NX125. I pulled into the parking area and did some figured eights while standing on the pegs deciding where to park my tiny bike. Most all of the bikes were chromed out V Twins.

I was immediatly approached by a leather clad gentleman who stated, "Son - You really need to upgrade your ride".
With out hesitation I replied, "I know, but Husaberg's are expensive!" We just grinned at each other.
Honda Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #67
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Something I have always wondered; do they teach you how to duck walk when you buy a Harley, or do you have to figure it out on your own?
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #68
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,936
At the shop I always get surprise when they ask what bike is mine and I point out the Tuono. And when sportbike guys ask about mods they always come and pull me away from working on a Harley. I am a motorcycle enthusiast who happens to own a few Harleys and know what makes them tick. And that's far less unusual than many would think.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #69
Center-stand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
I am fortunate to have an airhead, an oilhead, a KLR, a TW, and a Harley. I ride the Harley the least because I feel I do not fit the "stereotype" and hate having to deal with it. On a recent sunny day I got the Harley out from a two month break and thought I'd ride it just to charge up the battery. Took a 50 minute ride and on the way back while sitting at a red light a couple of young men in a junk car drove by, one hung out the window and flipped me the bird. They must have felt really good about their bad selves when I didn't respond. I'm sure they felt tougher than the old grey haired guy on the Harley.

I suspect there are those who wish to perpetuate the stereotype, and those who welcome being included though they might not really fit in during the work week but, I'm not one of them. I just like to ride. I don't mind talking about my ride but I hate feeling like the brand I am on puts me on the defensive.
Center-stand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #70
cybrdyke
In the Dark

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center-stand View Post
I ride the Harley the least because I feel I do not fit the "stereotype" and hate having to deal with it. ....
... I don't mind talking about my ride but I hate feeling like the brand I am on puts me on the defensive.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You mean to tell me that you have a $10,000 + bike in your garage, but you dont ride it because of some stupid stereotype that other people might have about it??? If you're that sensitive, then sell the fucking thing and get over it.

Did it occur to you that there is a large segment of the population that think that BMWs are for stuck up nerds? That's right...every time you are riding around on your airhead or oilhead, people are pointing and laughing at you. Are you going to not ride them either because of the "stereotype"??
cybrdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #71
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,936
Just goes to show you it isn't the Harley hardcore who think life is a fashion show. I could care less what others think about me or my rides. I'll begin caring about what you think when you pay my bills.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Center-stand View Post
... I ride the Harley the least because I feel I do not fit the "stereotype" and hate having to deal with it. On a recent sunny day I got the Harley out from a two month break and thought I'd ride it just to charge up the battery. Took a 50 minute ride and on the way back while sitting at a red light a couple of young men in a junk car drove by, one hung out the window and flipped me the bird. They must have felt really good about their bad selves when I didn't respond. I'm sure they felt tougher than the old grey haired guy on the Harley.

I suspect there are those who wish to perpetuate the stereotype, and those who welcome being included though they might not really fit in during the work week but, I'm not one of them. I just like to ride. I don't mind talking about my ride but I hate feeling like the brand I am on puts me on the defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrdyke View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You mean to tell me that you have a $10,000 + bike in your garage, but you dont ride it because of some stupid stereotype that other people might have about it??? If you're that sensitive, then sell the fucking thing and get over it.

Did it occur to you that there is a large segment of the population that think that BMWs are for stuck up nerds? That's right...every time you are riding around on your airhead or oilhead, people are pointing and laughing at you. Are you going to not ride them either because of the "stereotype"??

So how do you know that his HD is a "$10,000 +" chrome-wanked tosser-unit?...

Fer cryin' out loud...he owns a KLR too.

Speaking of stereotypes... did it ever occur to you that it's attitudes like yours that create them?.
Tosh Togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #73
DesmoDog
Desmo's my dog

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Ok? You're almost as ignorant as you think I am. Of course I know what a stereotypical asshole is. I go to a liberal high school. I'm surrounded by the bastards.

And stereotypes are there for a reason buddy. THEY ARE TRUE!
Quote:
So if your gonna spend your time trying to diss a 16 year old how about you go and do something productive.
So let me see if I understand... stereotypes are true. The people in your high school are stereotypical assholes, but you're not. And you are using the accomplishments of someone else to validate your opinion of yourself.

Classic.
DesmoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #74
Center-stand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Obviously just mentioning the fact that one has a Harley and doesn't like the "image" that goes along with it, can bring out the beast in others. It doesn't make sense to me. I didn't respond to the flippin finger and I won't strike out here either because you just can't win when dealing with those who are superior in every way.
Center-stand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #75
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrdyke View Post

I would much rather be stereotyped as stuck up nerd than white trash... thats just me though ;-)

On a side note, I ride a Honda... I don't have any of these problems...haha
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote