Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #46
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
Hey Dom...I know you're in South Carolina, but for those in CA, here's an almost new '07 Helix at the BMW dealer in Modesto:

http://www.cyclespecialties.com/2007...MF02037K000402

Sorry...just setting the hook...
1400 miles yep thats not even broken in yet .
Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #47
Scootrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
back issues

I've had a couple of Helices now, Felix and Rhonda. My 'big' bike is an Aprilia Atlantic 500. Since I prefer the position on April (the Aprilia) I padded up the stock seat on the Helix so I could ride with knees and hips bent at 90 degrees, in more of a standard verses cruiser position. I can see around me better and feel that I'm a more visible presence on the road as well.

I'm now doing my second revision of the rear suspension on April. May not ever get it to be as smooth as the Helix, but want to try, before giving up and getting (gulp) a motorcycle.
Scootrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #48
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootrider View Post
I've had a couple of Helices now, Felix and Rhonda. My 'big' bike is an Aprilia Atlantic 500. Since I prefer the position on April (the Aprilia) I padded up the stock seat on the Helix so I could ride with knees and hips bent at 90 degrees, in more of a standard verses cruiser position. I can see around me better and feel that I'm a more visible presence on the road as well.

I'm now doing my second revision of the rear suspension on April. May not ever get it to be as smooth as the Helix, but want to try, before giving up and getting (gulp) a motorcycle.
So you talking to the guys at http://www.yssusa.com/ or someone like that to make up a custom shock for you? 150 or 300 bucks to have them rebuild you shocks to what you want .
Old 05-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #49
Scootrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Ya, EPM the importer of YSS made me a pair of their low end gas shocks with 10-15 kg springs for $340 including freight, and it was an improvement, but we need to go softer still. I'd been waiting and hoping for some 8-10 kg springs from them, but not getting anywhere so now have talked to Cannon Racecraft and Racetech. Pulled one spring out to have it rated and felt that the damping might be excessive, so sent Racetech a complete unit along with a lot of required measurements. They'll figure out with their systems what I OUGHT to have and see if they can use anything I've already got. I put lighter fork oil in the front and it's ok, but I might be able to improve things more with some of the new inertial valving.
Scootrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #50
Paper
Multibike disorder..

Oddometer: 3,430
While my Helix is what really brought me back into the Scooter fold, I've decided that my new 2007 Yamaha Majesty will be my ride of choice..

And I'm afraid my 1993 Helix will have to go to make room..

Yes, stickers and all..

Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #51
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,652
i saw a white helix heading down the 210 freeway last week. white, looked like a little spaceship rolling down the road