ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Peak_Oil OP
Not One 2 Floss

Oddometer: 350
Thanksgiving -- Turkey Drop-In

This isn't an official Event, it's just for anyone who is headed through Beaverton and wants a free dinner. I bought a 12 pound turkey for me and the Mrs, and I doubt she's good for half a pound. We are making turkey, stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake, butter/brown sugar squash, and a couple other dishes. Both of us like to cook but neither one of us can possibly take 50+ pounds of food down in 24 hours, so do us a favor and stop by for a plate.

The ADV community has been good to us and our crumbcrunchers for years now. I can finally give a little back. If you're on your way somewhere and want to warm up with a pitcher of coffee and something to eat please feel free to swing by and enjoy. Really, we have been welcomed by many people, and I'm more than happy to give back. My wife and I have decided to just let various dishes come up as they are ready throughout the day. It's tough to have a Formal Dinner with a one and two year old. We'll just kind of drag things out as they are ready. After 4PM everything should be ready and available.

I will happily booze you up in a to-go container for your final destination as well.

I suppose if you like snuggly babies and want to hang out we can accommodate that as well. I'm sure the general ADV population is too rough and tough for that though, so that's cool. Whatever works for you.

I'm at

19955 SW Jette Ln
Beaverton, OR 97006

503-871-6817

Mike
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Ktm-Kalama
Utopia for the Realist

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peak_Oil View Post
This isn't an official Event, it's just for anyone who is headed through Beaverton and wants a free dinner. I bought a 12 pound turkey for me and the Mrs, and I doubt she's good for half a pound. We are making turkey, stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake, butter/brown sugar squash, and a couple other dishes. Both of us like to cook but neither one of us can possibly take 50+ pounds of food down in 24 hours, so do us a favor and stop by for a plate.

The ADV community has been good to us and our crumbcrunchers for years now. I can finally give a little back. If you're on your way somewhere and want to warm up with a pitcher of coffee and something to eat please feel free to swing by and enjoy. Really, we have been welcomed by many people, and I'm more than happy to give back. My wife and I have decided to just let various dishes come up as they are ready throughout the day. It's tough to have a Formal Dinner with a one and two year old. We'll just kind of drag things out as they are ready. After 4PM everything should be ready and available.

I will happily booze you up in a to-go container for your final destination as well.

I suppose if you like snuggly babies and want to hang out we can accommodate that as well. I'm sure the general ADV population is too rough and tough for that though, so that's cool. Whatever works for you.

I'm at

19955 SW Jette Ln
Beaverton, OR 97006

503-871-6817

Mike
*BUMP*

Thats awesome - jealous I'm not still livin in PDX. ... my tummy is already grumblin

Happy Thankgiving! Props for offering the spread

About.me
Ktm-Kalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,653
Bump

What a generous offer.... Good on you!
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
papaduc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Very nice of you to offer your home and hearth for Thanksgiving.
I will wave as we head to the family gathering.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,298
Mike,

I was just thinking good things about you the other day, good to see your msg here!

If I have any room left, and maybe even if I don't, will swing by to say hi. Got an early mudfest show time for Friday in the burn.
HellsAlien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Peak_Oil OP
Not One 2 Floss

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien View Post
Mike,

I was just thinking good things about you the other day, good to see your msg here!

If I have any room left, and maybe even if I don't, will swing by to say hi. Got an early mudfest show time for Friday in the burn.
Hey Al!

Come on by, it's been a long time! I'd love to hear about what you've been up to!