ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,330
So who is in to ride this...I got word from Wife I can ride Sunday...Tuesday and possible rest of that week as she has it off.

Lets go out in a huge group and run these trails...Like I said I'll lead a bigger bike ride. If nothing else last time before we will be considered illegal.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
Wallace
Seat belt tight babe?

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlead View Post
Makes me want to poach everything. Civil disobedience being the order of the day.
I believe this country was founded on such so they say.....
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
I believe this country was founded on such so they say.....
I wonder how long signage will stay up...I'm not the type to remove it but I know plenty are
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,631
So what they're saying is if the trout disappear then there won't be a reason to keep us banned from the trails???

I'm kidding of course, but it makes me wonder who else won't have the same idea. The conservationists should've worked with us, now passions are running hot and that usually isn't a good thing in these situations.
TheMuffinMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,101
Shit, time for someone else to sue the USFS. Us. Failing to close the trail to all other users or consider appropriate mitigation for imaginary erosion issues is negligent.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Interesting situation here.....

The fishologists of yore screwed up and tainted the genes of the State Fish. Tainted fish were distributed statewide which crowded out or crossbred the SF, making them mongrels as well.

Somehow, this single creek which had no fish historically happened to be stocked by a fishologist with purebred State Fish. No tainted fish have subsequently been introduced into these isolated waters. We now have an alpine aquarium in which the last depot of this dna exists.

Why not relocate the fish to another man-chosen stream habitat that is more hospitable to the fish? Since they were put there by man in the first place, who is to say that they would have survived there regardless of a motorcycle playground being established there? The fish didn't establish themselves there the old fashioned way of "survival of the fittest". God didn't put them there.
dentvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #22
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentvet View Post
Interesting situation here.....

The fishologists of yore screwed up and tainted the genes of the State Fish. Tainted fish were distributed statewide which crowded out or crossbred the SF, making them mongrels as well.

Somehow, this single creek which had no fish historically happened to be stocked by a fishologist with purebred State Fish. No tainted fish have subsequently been introduced into these isolated waters. We now have an alpine aquarium in which the last depot of this dna exists.

Why not relocate the fish to another man-chosen stream habitat that is more hospitable to the fish? Since they were put there by man in the first place, who is to say that they would have survived there regardless of a motorcycle playground being established there? The fish didn't establish themselves there the old fashioned way of "survival of the fittest". God didn't put them there.
Yep, I agree with you 100%. The fish could be moved and if they are that rare (only ones left) then maybe a fish farm setup just for these fish to populate and then restock other areas in the wild with these fish that they were natural too.

Then again what is soooo wrong with evolution and the genetic make up changing whether by man or by nature!!! After all we as humans are part of nature and species have been dying out since there have been species. It's natures way. I just don't get the whole "oh no last genetically correct Greenback Trout"...and sooooooo
Old 11-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Shit, time for someone else to sue the USFS. Us. Failing to close the trail to all other users or consider appropriate mitigation for imaginary erosion issues is negligent.
Yep I also agree, if they are that endangered then that area should be closed down to ALL users. However as I stated I'm not sure why they would not open a fish farm and let these fish populate rather then take a risk and maybe let NATURE kill them off if they are THAT worried.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,101
Black Friday Ride

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #25
COBob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
FROM TPA LAST NIGHT

"I have just talked to the TPA lawyer…..
And I have also read the official legal document from the court to the FS and the CBD….( the TPA has official intervening status on the issue.)
The legal document states…”temporary closure”, pending review of the CBD claims."

I think you should include this in your reporting. from TPA last night.
COBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
COBob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
If the "the temporary closure" means that they is still a battle to be fought to save the trail, we need all hands on deck!!!!!

http://www.coloradotpa.org/
COBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #27
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBob View Post
If the "the temporary closure" means that they is still a battle to be fought to save the trail, we need all hands on deck!!!!!

http://www.coloradotpa.org/
Still ALL groups should be banned if its a temporary closure. We are at the end of the season anyways...so really do they need to do a temporary ban now!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #28
modette
RMAR

KRDO: http://www.krdo.com/news/Motorcycles...z/-/index.html
Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
Junglerot
Hodor!

Oddometer: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Yep, I agree with you 100%. The fish could be moved and if they are that rare (only ones left) then maybe a fish farm setup just for these fish to populate and then restock other areas in the wild with these fish that they were natural too.

Then again what is soooo wrong with evolution and the genetic make up changing whether by man or by nature!!! After all we as humans are part of nature and species have been dying out since there have been species. It's natures way. I just don't get the whole "oh no last genetically correct Greenback Trout"...and sooooooo
Fish and Wildlife is working on getting a population introduced into other locations in the state. I believe they have some in a hatchery that will be released next year. Once that happens, some of the pressure should be taken off of Jacks, if it's still accessible to us.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #30
singletrackslayer
Legalize singletrack

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Yep I also agree, if they are that endangered then that area should be closed down to ALL users.
this. ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by =o&o> View Post
Like the 'temporary / emergency' order closing Rollins Pass about 23 years ago? Don't be surprised if it is included in a 'roadless' or wilderness study area proposal within the next year...
THIS! ^^^

Hellsickle is right!
Its time we sue to get ALL users banned "for the protection of the geneticaly pure(?) state fish". We should sue for "fairness and equal treatment of all recreational users as is quoted in the Travel Managment Plans as put into law by the Congress of the United States"or "for the protection of a weak native fish from the oversights(undersights) of the oganization alleged to protect them".

Its time to fight fire with fire. We're going to lose are right to legally ride and all become "outlaws" by definition over time anyway. So lets burn them too, legally fight that everything that becomes closed to us gets closed to them as well. Someone can do a "study" on how many invasive species can be introduced into a native area by hikers. I bet that its higher than you think, auto's and moto's get washed regularly(like boats, that have to get inspected). Ever been to a sanctioned moto event that you had to wash your tires in a solution under supervision before entering a venue? It happens. When is the last time you washed your hiking boots except in the last stream you crossed?

So begins the prohabition of motocycles. Next they'll be banned from highways. Oh wait . . .

singletrackslayer screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 04:50 PM
singletrackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote