ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
Still can't believe KTM builds badass off road bikes and then quits building them for luxury slab touring comforts and windshields,ABS, elec. susp, etc.etc.. Ktm needs to stick to dirt. My two favorite KTM's (505SX & 950 SE) are discontinued but I can get all kind of Dukes, SMC's, SMT's for the street. They should put the 1190 in the Goldwing thread
I guess "Ready To Race" is now just a sales slogan
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
Still can't believe KTM builds badass off road bikes and then quits building them for luxury slab touring...
One potential benefit of seperate forums might be limiting inane posts from butthurt 9x0 owners
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,706
I'm sure that after the 1190 is introduced the 990 and 950 threads will just roll out the back door from lack of posters. So the problem will fix itself.

Who knew that KTW is just another BMW want-a-be company.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #19
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut

Oddometer: 2,585
eh, the 950s are rock solid machines. They will be around for a very long time. My bud and I are taking ours to Goose Bay next year - damn good bikes.
Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
I guess "Ready To Race" is now just a sales slogan

So you feel that the 950 and 990 have been delivered in "race ready" trim since '04? Yeah, right. And the RC8 and Superduke, are those race ready?

Can't we just be happy with the fact that KTM continues to deliver new bikes that don't come off a japanese mold, are innovative and (except for the street models) are more dirt worthy than any of the competitors in their respective class?

If it's better, or more race worthy, or more dirt worthy, go get a F800. Or a Tiger. Or a Multi. Or a Tenere. Or a Versys. Or...

KTM's rock. I'll keep my 950 for now, but I would be very happy and very proud to be riding/owning the new 1190R.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,071
The bike looks like it is following trends not setting them.

I will keep my 950 thanks
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #22
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
So you feel that the 950 and 990 have been delivered in "race ready" trim since '04? Yeah, right. And the RC8 and Superduke, are those race ready?

Can't we just be happy with the fact that KTM continues to deliver new bikes that don't come off a japanese mold, are innovative and (except for the street models) are more dirt worthy than any of the competitors in their respective class?

If it's better, or more race worthy, or more dirt worthy, go get a F800. Or a Tiger. Or a Multi. Or a Tenere. Or a Versys. Or...

KTM's rock. I'll keep my 950 for now, but I would be very happy and very proud to be riding/owning the new 1190R.
I guess you got me a bit on that one,at least with the SD, not so sure about the RC8 thats not my thing.
. As far as adv bikes go yes the 950/990 is far more "race" ready than the others in its class. But who races them?? Only a few fools

I like all my KTMs, Currently have 4, but I also have some blue and red, I dont bleed orange, If BMW or any other brand makes a better off road orientated adv bike, They might have a new customer.
So far the new bike looks like a copy from Germany?
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #23
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
One potential benefit of seperate forums might be limiting inane posts from butthurt 9x0 owners
That was my first and last rant about it. I've had seven or eight KTM's and was voicing my little opinion. There is no doubt the new Adventure is a phenominal machine. I just know a KTM is gonna pull it's weight off road no matter which one because they dominate the off road scene and that carries into the 950's and 990's. They might come out with a dirt oriented distance bike in the future (heck this one snuck up on me) because it's not a 500 EXC and I suppose the 690 is that bike for now.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #24
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
frig no - the forum is "KTM's adventure/dirt V-twins"

Every other friggin' bike doesn't have a separate forum. No reason for one here. The 1190 is a "KTM's adventure/dirt V-twin" - it fits.
Amen, bruddah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post

Again... amen.

I'm finding it pretty hard to fathom that people who obviously love the 9X0 bikes find it so easy to take a big, steaming dump on KTM for building new products. KTM was good enough to supply the market with great dirt, enduro, and "Adventure" bikes, but only up to the point where they build a bike you don't like? Now, they're posers? And anyone who buys and rides the new 1190 is also a poser? I've jokingly called these people OCFs (Orange Crush Fundamentalists) in the past, but I'm feeling more and more that that moniker fits. I've just posted something similar in another thread, but it bears repeating:

If the world listened seriously to people like this, we'd still be rolling around in covered wagons on wooden wheels.
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure

Narsisco Lopez screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 06:37 PM
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Amen, bruddah

Again... amen.

I'm finding it pretty hard to fathom that people who obviously love the 9X0 bikes find it so easy to take a big, steaming dump on KTM for building new products. KTM was good enough to supply the market with great dirt, enduro, and "Adventure" bikes, but only up to the point where they build a bike you don't like? Now, they're posers? And anyone who buys and rides the new 1190 is also a poser? I've jokingly called these people OCFs (Orange Crush Fundamentalists) in the past, but I'm feeling more and more that that moniker fits. I've just posted something similar in another thread, but it bears repeating:

If the world listened seriously to people like this, we'd still be rolling around in covered wagons on wooden wheels.
It'll be really funny if the 1190 Adv R ends up preforming better off-road like the mag article says it does...
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
It'll be really funny if the 1190 Adv R ends up preforming better off-road like the mag article says it does...

I didn't like the prototypes I saw here but now with seeing the finished product I'm stoked to see how they run in the dirt.

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote