User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
690R OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 9
KTM 690 Carbon Fiber Parts

KTM 690 Carbon fiber/Kevlar Skid Plate and exhaust guards.

I have been using and testing these parts for about 1200miles now and have had absolutely no issues out of them. I decided to offer these products here and see if there is any interest. I come from a boat building background and have worked with many composites and epoxies over the years. I am not someone new to this and just decided to throw something together in my garage!

The products that I am currently offering are the exhaust heat shields and a rally style skid plate. I plan to add lower fork guards and the side engine covers shortly.

Product description:

Rally Skid Plate: Consists of a combination of carbon fiber fabric for rigidity and weight savings and kevlar fabric for added strength and durability. There are 4 layers of carbon fiber and 2 layers of kevlar all saturated with a high strenghth heat cure epoxy. The front mounting point is reinforced internally with a piece of 1/4" aluminum bar stock. The rear mounting points use the factory skid plate mounts and hardware. The skid plate extends back to fully cover the vulnerable rear brake cylinder as well. The inside of the plate is finished off with a rubberized undercoating to aid in dampening vibration and noise from the composite part. The exterior can be had in a raw textured finish or an automotive clear coat, whichever you prefer.

Exhaust Guards: The exhaust guards or heat shields are composed of 3 layers of carbon fiber and use a high strength heat cure epoxy to form a rigid and durable guard that will take a beating and keep you from burning holes in your gear! Guards come with stainless steel mounting bolts. These replace the 2 factory stainless steel units. These guards come with a gloss clear coat.

Pricing is as follows:

Rally Skid Plate = $275 for the first 2 sold $300 after that.

Exhaust Guards = $80ea. for first 5 sold $95 after that.

I am located in Colorado Springs if anyone close by wants to see these in person. I am also open to doing other custom skid plates or parts for the 690 if anyone has requests. Those would be priced on a case by case basis. Feel free to give me a call if you want to talk about any of the above 719-502-0313.

I have multiple pics as soon as figure out how to get them on here I will post them up!

Thanks!

690R screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 07:30 AM
690R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
LordSteven
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Case Guards

I'm looking for some case guards (2012 690), any idea what cost would be? I'd love some pics of your work. email is lords3@verizon.net. The posting issue, I feel your pain. It is so easy once you figure it out. Let me know in the email if you want step by step instruction. Thanks
LordSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
690R OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 9
Pics!!!!!

http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/us...0Fiber%20Parts

Click on the link above to view pics!

Thanks!!!

690R screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 03:37 PM
690R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #4