ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #46
ReferJohn
3RD Generation Rider

Oddometer: 446
We could do a 1st or 2nd Saturdays meet and ride out of Santa Rosa.
I posted here a invite 2 months ago- no one show up. So i rode 140 miles and had beer for breakfast at perrys deli in middletown....http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936534
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #47
mootsuno OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Recon Ride for the Mendo Rally

If anybody is interested I'm going to do a recon ride Sunday April 6th.

Leave Cotati about 9am for Lake Pillsbury. The route is yet to be determined.

Will take most of the day and be big bike friendly.

Let me know if you're interested.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #48
ReferJohn
3RD Generation Rider

Oddometer: 446
I plan on racing the Sawmill Enduro that day April 6th, Cow Mtn, start site is on the lakeport side. I will be trucking my XRL.

Also plan to do some Trail riding This Sunday March 16th, also trucking my XRL due to a Fresh Knobby. might ride Indian Valley or Cow Mt
Old 08-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #49
poomero
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Is anyone planning a north bay ride any time soon. A fiend and I just got crf250l's and would love to find some dirt to ride.
poomero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #50
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomero View Post
Is anyone planning a north bay ride any time soon. A fiend and I just got crf250l's and would love to find some dirt to ride.
I've got a Yamaha WR250R, live in Santa Rosa and I'm looking for other dual sport guys to ride with. I'm a slow old guy though... . I need to do some work on my bike over the next couple of weeks to get it dialed in, and I'll probably be traveling for a couple of weeks later this month, but after that I should be available. Hopefully it will get cooler by then. I was over at Knoxville OHV area a couple weeks ago and with temps well into the 90s there wasn't a soul in sight. The only dirt that i know of - without trucking the bikes - is Knoxville OHV, Reiff Rd and then up to Indian Valley Reservoir. Sunday and Monday are usually best days for me.
Brian

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #51
poomero
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvscrvs View Post
I've got a Yamaha WR250R, live in Santa Rosa and I'm looking for other dual sport guys to ride with. I'm a slow old guy though... . I need to do some work on my bike over the next couple of weeks to get it dialed in, and I'll probably be traveling for a couple of weeks later this month, but after that I should be available. Hopefully it will get cooler by then. I was over at Knoxville OHV area a couple weeks ago and with temps well into the 90s there wasn't a soul in sight. The only dirt that i know of - without trucking the bikes - is Knoxville OHV, Reiff Rd and then up to Indian Valley Reservoir. Sunday and Monday are usually best days for me.
Brian

How far of a ride is that? I can take backroads out to you in SR as I like to stay off the highway.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #52
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomero View Post
How far of a ride is that? I can take backroads out to you in SR as I like to stay off the highway.
Below is the route I would typically take from Santa Rosa. Lots of fun backroads and some dirt along the way. I avoid highways also. There is gas in Middletown and Lower Lake. This route includes the Knoxville OHV main road, and then Reiff Rd. Doesn't go as far as Indian Valley Reservoir.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Sa...5,6,7&t=m&z=11

Another option would be to meet somewhere out in Bennett Valley or Glen Ellen, then head over toward Lake Berryessa and north on Knoxville Rd. This would be a fun route also. If you did this route in reverse coming back, you'd probably divert through Angwin on the way back for gas... no gas out there otherwise - that I know of - unless you go up to Lower Lake.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Be...6,7,8&t=m&z=11

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
Old 08-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #53
poomero
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Below is the route I would typically take from Santa Rosa. Lots of fun backroads and some dirt along the way. I avoid highways also. There is gas in Middletown and Lower Lake. This route includes the Knoxville OHV main road, and then Reiff Rd. Doesn't go as far as Indian Valley Reservoir.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Sa...5,6,7&t=m&z=11

Another option would be to meet somewhere out in Bennett Valley or Glen Ellen, then head over toward Lake Berryessa and north on Knoxville Rd. This would be a fun route also. If you did this route in reverse coming back, you'd probably divert through Angwin on the way back for gas... no gas out there otherwise - that I know of - unless you go up to Lower Lake.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Be...6,7,8&t=m&z=11
Thanks for those. We should put a ride together soon. As soon as you are free let me know and we will head out.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #54
ADV_Riz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
I'd be down to meet up with you guys in Knoxville. I live in Napa.

The artist formerly known as adrisley.
ADV_Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #55
mixxedupmedia
Believes in mahogany

Oddometer: 149
Looking for a place to store a trailer

Greetings soon-to-be neighbors. I'm moving to Santa Rosa from Connecticut in September.

Besides looking for riding mates (I have a Moto Guzzi set up for mostly street but can handle well-packed dirt or gravel; might buy a true dual sport again once I'm settled in) I am looking for a place to store my enclosed 7 x 14 ft. motorcycle trailer year round for a small fee or perhaps barter, i.e. occasional use of the trailer.

Thanks!

--MixxedUpMedia
mixxedupmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #56
Skellington
Pro Coffee Drinker

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Brian
I would like to add myself to this group, I have a new to me XR650R and am looking to go riding with a few people.
I am in Vallejo and would like to check out Knoxville, will keep an eye on this thread or feel free to PM me .

02 XR650R
Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #57
poomero
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like we have a good start to a group going on here. When should we do a ride. Weekends are best for me. Let's plan this and go ride
Old 08-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #58
Skellington
Pro Coffee Drinker

Oddometer: 107
Weekends work out best for me as well although I could work in a weekday ride if needed

02 XR650R
Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #59
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

I could do this ride this coming Sunday if you guys are interested. Poom, if you have a stock tank on your 250l we'll probably need to go through Angwin to gas up on the way over, maybe on the way back also. The only other gas that I know of out that way is in Lower Lake. If you've never been out there, there's nothing in the way of services off Knoxville or Reiff Rd. Plan accordingly for gas, food and water. Napa/Solano guys we could meet in Angwin or at the T where Pope Canyon Rd meets Knoxville Rd (parking lot next to the bridge)... open to other suggestions. Poom, we could meet at the Bennett Valley Fire Station at 9am, and then be over at Berryessa about 1 hour later.
If it doesn't work for this Sunday, I can also make Saturdays work with a bit of planning.
Brian

Old 08-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #60
poomero
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I could do this ride this coming Sunday if you guys are interested. Poom, if you have a stock tank on your 250l we'll probably need to go through Angwin to gas up on the way over, maybe on the way back also. The only other gas that I know of out that way is in Lower Lake. If you've never been out there, there's nothing in the way of services off Knoxville or Reiff Rd. Plan accordingly for gas, food and water. Napa/Solano guys we could meet in Angwin or at the T where Pope Canyon Rd meets Knoxville Rd (parking lot next to the bridge)... open to other suggestions. Poom, we could meet at the Bennett Valley Fire Station at 9am, and then be over at Berryessa about 1 hour later.
If it doesn't work for this Sunday, I can also make Saturdays work with a bit of planning.
Brian

I just put the IMS 3 galloon tank on the bike. Stock tank sucks! I may be able to do a ride this sunday.

Just got the go ahead for sunday!!! I can do the fire station at 9am for sure.

Does anyone want to join us? I will post this on the BARF site also to see fi we can get a few more people.

poomero screwed with this post 08-06-2014 at 02:29 PM