User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
acejones OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,879
yamaha vino 50cc

I've got a Yamaha Vino 50 CC four stroke. I really don't know a lot about it. What's a good manual for basic maintainence ?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Owner's:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/s..._vino_1551.pdf

Service:

http://ebookbrowse.com/yamaha-vino-y...pdf-d107882507
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,803
Be careful on it in town. I had a 50cc Honda Met, and almost got run over so many times in town I gave it up and started riding it on rural roads out of town. Traffic can pass you on a country road, or you can move onto the shoulder if necessary. In town they are dangerous because of their super slow acceleration and low top speed. I once had a lifted truck pass me on the sidewalk while I was riding it in the right lane. He blew his horn and flipped me off as he went by. He risked a reckless driving charge just so he could do that.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
acejones OP
Beastly Adventurer

I don't have to worry about traffic. I ride it in a gated community of about 9000 residents, 30 MPH speed limit. I use it to run to the hardware store, bank, groceries, etc. This is also a golf community so there are many golf carts used on the streets. Its pretty sedate.

When I want to play in traffic, I usually take my R1150R or my F650GS.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
csisfun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Be careful on it in town. I had a 50cc Honda Met, and almost got run over so many times in town I gave it up and started riding it on rural roads out of town. Traffic can pass you on a country road, or you can move onto the shoulder if necessary. In town they are dangerous because of their super slow acceleration and low top speed. I once had a lifted truck pass me on the sidewalk while I was riding it in the right lane. He blew his horn and flipped me off as he went by. He risked a reckless driving charge just so he could do that.
I drive a Jazz (Canadian Met) too and I understand your pains. However, my experience is the reverse! The city is where my Jazz feels at home because it can keep up with traffic somewhat. In the country, I cannot keep up with traffic and so it becomes very stressful when everyone is passing you.
csisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
max57
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
It's sad. 50cc scooters are a lot like bicycles a lot of the time. There is no place for them. They have to go on the shoulder, which is dangerous, the shoulder is often too narrow. Or they hold people up. At least they have real lights and brakes. Modern cars are really fast.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,803
Where I live the speed limit everywhere in town except residential areas is 45, but everybody goes 55. And what's worse, as soon as the light changes, it's a drag race to see who can reach that speed first. Stoplights are where a 50cc is really dangerous. Whoever was behind you has already run over you before they realized how slow you are. Most bicyclists can easily outrun a 50cc scooter from a standing start up to around 25 mph.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
acejones OP
Beastly Adventurer

Actually the speed limit in our community is a Max of 30mph. Its pretty mild here.
I've put over a 1000 miles on it in the last 18 most. Just running to the bank, hardware store, pools, etc. Sometimes I ride my golf cart instead.