Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,330
I don't think that discards the battery. It might, if the bike was getting a full 12+ volts while being jumped. Earlier you said the injector had 10 volts. I know an X Bike will not run at that voltage. That low voltage could be due to being discharged, or it could be due to a bad cell. Also, 10V on the voltmeter isn't the same as 10V under load.

I don't know how the system is wired, but unlike most cars, the X Bike needs a healthy battery. If your battery has a bad cell, no charging will revive it and the bike will not run. So even if the stator is putting out 12+ volts, having the bad battery still messes with the efi system for some reason.

to eliminate this possibility, I would totally remove the battery and either replace it, throw in a known good battery, or wire it up to your car battery (without your battery in the system).
Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
pampaX OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
I don't think that discards the battery. It might, if the bike was getting a full 12+ volts while being jumped. Earlier you said the injector had 10 volts. I know an X Bike will not run at that voltage. That low voltage could be due to being discharged, or it could be due to a bad cell. Also, 10V on the voltmeter isn't the same as 10V under load.

I don't know how the system is wired, but unlike most cars, the X Bike needs a healthy battery. If your battery has a bad cell, no charging will revive it and the bike will not run. So even if the stator is putting out 12+ volts, having the bad battery still messes with the efi system for some reason.

to eliminate this possibility, I would totally remove the battery and either replace it, throw in a known good battery, or wire it up to your car battery (without your battery in the system).
I see, I guess you're right and all I can see still points to battery, faulty cable or faulty fuel pump.

I measured the wire that gets to the pump again and it gets 10.6 volts, its clearly possible that a cable is damaged somewhere, as I measured voltage on other cables and got 13.2.

Also cleaned the injector which wasn't actually bad, followed this

as I had the plug of the canister was able to make a nice tidy connector.

Today I took the bike to the dealer as I haven't been able to find the root of the problem and its a real pain to commute on the car. I'll post their findings.

Thanks everybody for the help

My G650X Challenge, Bike build thread on
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post15320987
pampaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
pampaX OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
So the problem was according to the dealer a couple broken wires in the middle of the wiring loom, causing low or inexistent voltage ... I guess I should have stripped all the wiring myself ... next time maybe

My G650X Challenge, Bike build thread on
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post15320987
pampaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
dajg
dajg

Oddometer: 65
low power

m x has been giving low power since i bought it, but since i was on the west coast of africa i couldn't really take it to a dealer.

it is still running low power and i don't have the cash to visit a dealer in europe.

max speed (working hard) is 105kmh, about 70mph. sprockets are standard 15 and 47 tooth.

fuel is now 95 octane.

cleaned the air filter. oil & filter is good.

i have not yet pulled out the spark plugs, but the bike is only at 55,000km.

what causes the bike to not put out max power? could the fuel pump flow be restricted?

i have a GS911 but it doesnt throw any fault codes.

thanks in advance.
d
dajg is offline   Reply With Quote