ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Which meal do you plan to have in camp.
Fri. Fajita's with Apple Jam 37 84.09%
Sat. Catered Dinner - regular meal 41 93.18%
Sat. Catered Dinner - vegetarian/vegan meal 2 4.55%
Sat. breakfast 32 72.73%
Sun. breakfast 35 79.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #796
Shred Head Fred
Captain Amstel

Oddometer: 52
Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladukebob View Post
I read that this morning. Bad deal
I was on my way home taking the road less traveled and came apon the "Incident Response" vehicles. The bike was on the wrecker and the road crew was sweeping up the debris. He was heading in the oppsite direction on a FJR so I don't think he was in our crowd. I could have swore it was the wet road or the gravel in the corners that caused the off, but I never thought it was a forest rat. Geeez, fast or slow those things are totally unpredictable. I must of seen a half a dozen and who knows ow many saw me flying by

On a happier note, had a great time this weekend for a first timer. I was late to the party, and I think I was the first one to break camp (6:00 AM), but the location was awesome, riding was great, and met some really nice people. Cheers
Shred Head Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #797
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,411
Thanks for a great weekend everyone, especially Ladybug, Brian and Margaret for pulling it all together. Met some new friends and enjoyed the awesome countryside. Sorry we didn't get to meet more of you but we sort of got adopted by the Idaho crew and never left. Posted some pics in the pic thread and here's a link to all my pics, but I suck as a photographer.

http://faithcottage.smugmug.com/Moto...7412&k=tFMsPZf
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #798
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyala View Post
If any of you...

... have more pictures of me on this trip, especially if anybody caught me being mobbed by like 5 horses hungry for carrots, please PM/email/link me the photos! I'd love to have them for my RR when I eventually get up to date!

Your pictures are dead.
Hey Feyala;
Here's a link to my photobucket file for the Dug Bar ride... feel free to copy any of the pictures... Where are you off to next??

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/si...?sort=3&page=1

silverspurs screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 06:00 PM
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #799
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Hey Feyala;
Here's a link to my photobucket file for the Dug Bar ride... feel free to copy any of the pictures... Where are you off to next??

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/si...?sort=3&page=1
Thanks for the photos! Some good ones in there.

I still have no idea. My bike's about half-torn apart atm, taking advantage of Brian's shop while I still have access to one to replace my chain, sprockets, rear tire, and other miscellany. Fun times!
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #800
GotItGood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Had a great time at the gathering. Thanks to Jerry, Dave, Frank, and Don for the fun ride to Hat Point on Friday. Thanks to Rick, Brent, Pat, Fey, and Mike for the great ride to Dug Bar on Saturday.

John
Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #801
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Hey John

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotItGood View Post
Had a great time at the gathering. Thanks to Jerry, Dave, Frank, and Don for the fun ride to Hat Point on Friday. Thanks to Rick, Brent, Pat, Fey, and Mike for the great ride to Dug Bar on Saturday.

John
John, glad you enjoyed riding with us to Hat Point. You sure rode well thru the Zumwalt mud with that front highway tire. My front Shinko 244 was sliding around quite a bit.

I'll get some pictures posted one of these days.

We got back to Corvallis/Albany area about 5 pm Sunday and unpacked before dark. Went off to work Monday and back to the grind.

Dave
smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #802
bgt595
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:

John

John,

Good to meet you too and that was a great ride to Dug Bar. I'll get ahold of you soon for a local ride in our backyard.
bgt595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #803
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 787
Quote:

John
Good riding with you John!... always good to ride with another Super Tenner!..even though I was eating your dust all day!

These Tenere's never fail to impress me with what they can do in the hands of a good rider... you are one of those.

see you out there sometime...

silverspurs screwed with this post 06-26-2013 at 08:42 PM
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #804
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,544
The following quote is being brought over from the photo thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898249 I thought I would bring it over here so we can chat about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
Hey LadyBug.. after seeing that cool banner and to rid ourselves of the confusion of the hells canyon rally Maybe, just maybe, we should call it the "Wallowa Valley ADV Jamboree"

jam•bo•ree (ˌdʒæm bəˈri)

n. 1. a carousal; any noisy merrymaking.
2. a festive gathering, often including speeches and entertainment.

I was so happy to see all, got a wedding and live music too. I hope nothing but the best for Mike and Tori on their adventurous life together

Take care until next year, See you out there

I like the idea of changing the name so our Dirty Hells Canyon doesn't keep being confused with the Shiny Hells Canyon that takes place in Baker City.

Wallowa Valley ADV Jamboree is a good name however then I'll have to learn how to pronounce Wallowa and I already had to learn to spell it.

What do the rest of you think? Anyone else have any ideas for a name that will reflect what this gathering is all about?

This gathering has evolved over the years and I hope the evolution is a good one. There are some things I want to hold on to and will work toward keeping those things. While IdahoSam stands back with a big grin in his heart watching and doesn't say much I respect his opinion about how things are going. He has been a big part in the sucess of this gathering from the begining.

There was a lot of chatter going on all around camp this year about what can be done to make it better, what people liked, what they didn't like, the organization or lack of, the food, etc., etc. Much of the feedback I received was third and forth hand. I'd like to rein it all in and get the first hand feedback. Since I left Enterprise Sunday I have been thinking about this and working at getting my thoughts together. My thoughts are still flying all over the place and I think I'll need to get a butterfly net to bring them in.

Keep an eye on this thread as I plan to put together an on line (off ADV) survey and hope you all will provide your thoughts. I'll try to make it short and sweet because I know most of us like things that way. I'll post a link to it and it will be anonymous.

Thanks again to everyone for attending it's sure good to see all of you every year.

Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #805
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
The following quote is being brought over from the photo thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898249 I thought I would bring it over here so we can chat about it here.
]

What do the rest of you think? Anyone else have any ideas for a name that will reflect what this gathering is all about?

[/FONT]
Hells Canyon Adventure

Add any other descriptors if you want, HCA: Ride, Outing, Weekend, Party

Adventure should differentiate from that other ride.

Brent
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #806
beemerron
machine washable

Oddometer: 2,661
I would like to see some posts on the whiteboard, such as:

"Several riders heading to Dug Bar, slow and easy. Leaving 10 ish. Bring a lunch."

or " A few folks looking for adventure, Will be gone all day. Bring survival kit."

or "Let's go get lost".

or "Solo rider wants group for 50/50 fun" (me) and no, I didn't post this on the whiteboard.

Maybe a word or two Friday night would prompt some action.

I really like this rally. Next year I may do the whole week
beemerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #807
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
I've told people about the ride and they say they don't want to be around a bunch of Harley people. A name change might eliminate confusion. However, I can't image sitting around the campfire listening to people who had too many adult beverages trying to say "Wallowa"

Ladybug, you do a wonderful job. The only improvement I would like to see is you don't allow it to rain that weekend.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #808
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerron View Post
I would like to see some posts on the whiteboard, such as:

"Several riders heading to Dug Bar, slow and easy. Leaving 10 ish. Bring a lunch."

or " A few folks looking for adventure, Will be gone all day. Bring survival kit."

or "Let's go get lost".

or "Solo rider wants group for 50/50 fun" (me) and no, I didn't post this on the whiteboard.

Maybe a word or two Friday night would prompt some action.

I really like this rally. Next year I may do the whole week
Good idea but you missed "headed for xyz bring tow rope ". I'll work on promoting the white board thing next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I've told people about the ride and they say they don't want to be around a bunch of Harley people. A name change might eliminate confusion. However, I can't image sitting around the campfire listening to people who had too many adult beverages trying to say "Wallowa"

Ladybug, you do a wonderful job. The only improvement I would like to see is you don't allow it to rain that weekend.
Thanks. I'll work on the rain thing but as long as we let our wetsite friends join us over here I think we are always going to have some rain. I kinda like those wetsiders so I'll tolerate the rain and try to keep my whining at a minimum.

Now the idea of too many adult beverages and listening to people say Wallowa that could be entertaining.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #809
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,173
"Wallowa" rolls off my tongue easy enough,
...but there's nothing special in my coffee this morning to mess with me
Wallowa Valley Adventure sounds great to me.
It's actually in the Wallowa Valley, and 30 miles or so from Hells Canyon. It does seem to get confused with that cruiser rally, but only to those not part of ADV. Clean & shiny ikes not allowed, unless just washed by rain on your ride over.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #810
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Dirty Hells Canyon Adventure
Hard to say how this year's could be improved on!

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote