Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
I've had Jesse's, Touratech, BMW, and Happy Trails. I don't consider the Happy Trails to be anywhere near the quality of the others.

Never again....Tim's product does not deserve mention with the others, IMHO.

I have a set on my old KLR. They look like someone built them while learning how to weld and fabricate. Very rough construction and finish. Perfect for a KLR though

If you don't own a KLR, then look else where for luggage. There are many professional luggage manufacturers out there.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
roostar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Sale

HT just finished their sale as of 11/30. I was able to order a set of 7-1/2" (Teton's) with all the hardware and racks for $700. Shipping was free and so was the powder coat. The racks showed up last night and bolted up to the Super Ten with no issues at all. The boxes should be arriving today. I found their customer service to be outstanding thus far. As for product quality? I made the conscious decision to go with basic aluminum boxes. I didn't want to drop $1,200 or more for the Jesse's although I have had them before and give them high marks. I ride a dual sport type bike and will inevitably drop the bike in the dirt. I don't feel the need to have the best and most expensive panniers on the market. Just my opinion.
roostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
roostar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Boxes

The boxes just arrived via UPS. They mounted to the rack nicely with no issues. Fit and finish as well as overall quality seem to be pretty darn good for the money spent. No appearance of a high school welding project here :) Thanks again Happy Trails.
roostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #19
Two Wheeled 'Tard OP
Banned

Oddometer: 165
I had HT bags on my old Wee from the PO, and never had any complaints about them. By the time I sold the bike I'd dropped/crashed it so many times that the front corners were ground through and the mounting frame was cracked, but given the abuse they took I couldn't complain.

I found their quality to be very acceptable for their price point. They are fairly simple in construction and features, but for something that costs about half what Jessies will, it's a fair trade. And you don't cry as much when you beat the stuffing out of 'em :)
Two Wheeled 'Tard is offline   Reply With Quote