ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
05magmn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
My exhaust adventure!

Well I bought my bike this spring, and at that time I had ordered leo Vince exhaust, and prepaid for it. So a couple weeks later the dealer calls me and said they had gotten an email saying the exhaust was on back order, and it would be a couple more weeks! No problem as we were planing to have the exhaust installed during the first oil change. Two weeks later I call the dealer asking if they heard anything, they contacted their distributor, and were told about Leo Vince going out of business and being bought by another company, with the factory being moved to Poland. But the distributor said it would be a couple more weeks! Ok fine, I'm close to the oil change, but just need to put on a couple hundred more miles. At this point I started doing a little research, and made a post or 2 here asking about Leo Vince and other exhaust. Had several members offer to sell me their exhaust, and I probably would have, but my money for the exhaust was tied up at the dealer.

Anyways, weeks pass and no news, I'm due for that oil change so I called the dealer and asked again, they said they would check on it again. They call me back saying they where told Leo Vince was going to be making an announcement by the end of the week. Tuesday of last week rolls around and the dealer calls me saying that they have not heard anything and were done trying on this, both me and the dealer are beyond frustrated with Leo vince. But we both knew they made a good product and were willing to wait at the time. But that time has come and gone! So the dealer gave me 2 choices ordering fmf or refunding my money. I thought about it and went with refunding the money, and trying wings, they seem to be highly thought of here. Wednesday last week rolls around and I contact wings, my dealer calls and said they have cut a check for the balance of my account. And would be sending it ASAP! Check my email on Wednesday night find an email from gorzad stating all the info I requested and all the info needed to make the transaction work. So I emailed back Wednesday night saying I want to order. Thursday the transaction happened, and on Friday I get an email stating the package had been shipped, with a tracking # included. I didn't bother to look at it, figuring it would be a week or so to get exhaust from slovainia to Minnesota. Also the dealer called me to say they had just received an email stating the Leo Vince USA will be changing it's name to speed mob, and it would be another 12 weeks before exhaust would be shipped. We both agreed we were glad to be done trying to deal with this.

Sunday night rolls around and I decide to check the ups tracking # and fully expect the package to be lost, ( that's the way my luck has been going with this whole exhaust thing!) but no it says it's already at my local ups and will be delivered in they morning!! Say what?? It shipped out of Europe on Friday and it's going to be delivered on Monday!! So it's about 8:30 at night ready for bed, and I decide I need a cigarette to think about this! Lol! I walk into the garage bare foot, light up a smoke. I'm sitting there looking at my bike thinking what the heck, my wings will be here in the morning, I might as well tear off the stock stuff tonight. Well the seat comes off followed by the rear rack, grab handles and side panels. I loosen the clamps around the middle of the muffler but do not remove them, figuring it will work better to have them holding the weight of the muffler while I remove the mid pipe bolts. I get to the last mid pipe bolt, happy as can be, everything is going good, my new exhaust will finally be here, and as I pull the last mid pipe bolt out the muffler tips vertical, slides out of the clamp bounces off the swing arm and straight on to my middle toe. I look down as the muffler rolls of my foot, and all I see is my toe covered in blood. I think damn, is it still there, move my foot, yup it's there, can I move it? Yup but damn that makes it bleed a lot! So off to the ER!

A few hours, and some stitches later I'm back at home. Trying to rest and sleep with a throbbing foot. This morning, my wings show up, and wow!! I am glade I went with wings, top notch exhaust! I don't see any thing that could improve the quality! Nice thick material, Caron fiber finish is flawless! Damn they make me smile! Throbbing foot or not they are going to be installed!! They went on perfectly, and sound better than I could have hoped for!! But have not ride the bike yet as I can't imagine how bad it's going to hurt to try to use the shifter with the stitches in my foot! And one last note my check from my dealer also showed up to day, it took one day longer to travel about 90 miles than it did for the exhaust to come from Europe!! Lol!

05magmn screwed with this post 05-19-2014 at 05:56 PM
05magmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 8,013
Arrgh! My Eyes!!!

Paragraph's, my friend...paragraphs.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
05magmn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Arrgh! My Eyes!!!

If I could figure out how to make it happen!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
hit enter and you have a paragraph
Old 05-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Arrgh! My Eyes!!!

No joke. It reads like a few painful conversations I remember having with my ex-wife.
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
05magmn OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
No joke. It reads like a few painful conversations I remember having with my ex-wife.
LOL! I know those, sorry I was hitting tab trying to make it work! I may be slightly illiterate!

05magmn screwed with this post 05-19-2014 at 06:16 PM
Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #7
dogsslober
No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer: 816
I told you, you would love the wings
dogsslober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
ADVill
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607