Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
atg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
GS 1200 turning head lights on/off

Hello;

My name is Andre and I am from Brazil. I am new to the forum and wanted to share this trick with you all.

On the GS 1200 the low beam is switched on the moment the engine starts to run. If you want to switch the lights off, press and hold the turn signal cancellation button for 5 seconds, release it, and hold the right turn signal button for another 5 secs. This should turn the headlight off.

This procedure may be done after switching the key and after the usual check up and before turning the engine on. It also works after the engine is running.

Unfortunatelly, to switch the lights back on you must switch the key off resetting the procedure.
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,306
I've tried this on my bike and it does not work. I"ve read of this before, so thanks for bringing it up again. I can't figure out why it won't work on my bike. I had the dealer switch my clock to 24 hour mode.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
Infallible
Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Oddometer: 1,058
I'm kind of surprised that you aren't able to fool around with the gadgetry as much you think you would be able. My Aprilia had all kinds of neat little idioms to play with on the dash....except for the estimated fuel remaining...
Infallible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg
Hello;

My name is Andre and I am from Brazil. I am new to the forum and wanted to share this trick with you all.

On the GS 1200 the low beam is switched on the moment the engine starts to run. If you want to switch the lights off, press and hold the turn signal cancellation button for 5 seconds, release it, and hold the right turn signal button for another 5 secs. This should turn the headlight off.

This procedure may be done after switching the key and after the usual check up and before turning the engine on. It also works after the engine is running.

Unfortunatelly, to switch the lights back on you must switch the key off resetting the procedure.
Does not work on mine either....
kdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
GB
Mod Squad

Mine has a build date of March 2005. Maybe this trick works only on earlier build dates?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
drdata
R1200GS

Oddometer: 2,124
Works on my Aug 04.

I allowed POST to complete. Then followed proceedure, but held for 6 seconds to be safe. At start only the little parking light deal was lit. Now I can rob a bank, and it feels like I got a 10 HP boost as well!!

Cheers
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
GB
Mod Squad

It won't work on my march 05 build date.. maybe it's now a different sequence? Anyone good at finding Easter eggs care to try?