ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,758
Thanks, but my work Christmas party is that night.... now I'm not sure I'm going, because the company Christmas party is always a blast.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.

1911fan screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 07:31 PM
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,551
The show is actually 3 days, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Fri 3-8, Sat 9:30am-8pm, and Sun 10-5. It's at the convention center virtually right on I-5. FYI

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #18
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
I can barely work up the interest to visit the show from my house in Monroe - about an hour away. The Seattle show has been getting progressively lamer and lamer. Last year BMW wasn't even represented, and KTM had nothing to speak of there. The local Beemer dealership had a few bikes, and Touratech had a fairly nice display, but other than that, just run of the mill KLRs, VStroms, etc. I'm not even sure that Ural or Enfield made it.

Personally, from Salem, I wouldn't waste the gas, time, or risk of hypothermia.

The Euro bike show in January or February, up in Everett, was tons better, cost less, and far better represented with ADV bikes - Guzzi, Triumph, BMW, Husky, etc. were all there in force on a first-year show. I'm hoping it will be even better this year.
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
And a fluffy cat named Chester....
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
waterboybueche
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
agree

I kinda agree with DeFens,,, I built it up over a couple months prior to last years show... Got discount tickets, took my wife and 14 yr old stepson...

I hate to admit, I was pretty disappointed,,, I will try the show in Everett he spoke of.... thanks for the heads up..
waterboybueche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #20
yukonjon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFens View Post
The Euro bike show in January or February, up in Everett, was tons better, cost less, and far better represented with ADV bikes - Guzzi, Triumph, BMW, Husky, etc. were all there in force on a first-year show. I'm hoping it will be even better this year.
Hmmm... What show is this. Tried googling but showing a lot of random results. I would be interested in going.
yukonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjon View Post
Hmmm... What show is this. Tried googling but showing a lot of random results. I would be interested in going.
+1

Also, moving the show to the Convention Center was a bad move IMHO. It feels disjointed now.

For those of you looking for a motel/hotel check out this place: Georgetown Inn I don't have firsthand experience but it always looks busy and always appears to be neat and tidy. Plus it is right around the corner from this: Smarty Pants

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.

http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
waterboybueche
Adventurer

I would also like info about the Euro show in Everett!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
I think he's talking about the show in Lynnwood.

http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15214/
Jackazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackazz View Post
I think he's talking about the show in Lynnwood.

http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15214/
Yep - that's the one.
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar
And a fluffy cat named Chester....
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
waterboybueche
Adventurer

sweet I will check it out!!

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #26
SwissFreek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
http://www.euromoto-northwest.com/
SwissFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer

Oddometer: 434
If you're looking for the best value in a Pacific Northwest regional show, this is the ticket: Vancouver Motorcycle Show - January 17-20, 2013.

Now don't get me wrong, I want the Seattle show to be awesome and have paid good money supporting it. Unfortunately, the value has been wrung out of that show in recent years.

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED View Post
+1

Also, moving the show to the Convention Center was a bad move IMHO. It feels disjointed now.

That is where this show started. I have gone to this show off and on for nearly 20 years. It takes 6 hours to get there from here unless you take the train. The train takes forever. I have seen major changes over the years including growing out of room, Moving to the bigger facility, the effects of a crappy economy and many more. As with most things in life it is all a matter of perspective. Depending on your perspective you may be seriously disappointed with the show. If you have any doubt go ahead and stay home, that way your ass won't be in my way. We make a weekend out of it and have always had a memorable time. It's a "Motorcycle Event" how bad can that be? There used to be a Jazzersize class under the Convention Center. One year while waiting in line for the doors to open we were standing in line outside the class windows. A bunch of us decided to get in formation and join the class from our side of the glass. It was funny as hell even after the instructor came outside and chewed our asses. Indoor Go Cart Racing is also something that has been a blast in past years. We will hit the Ice Racing this time around and seek out some great food and beers while we are there. What a horrible way to have to spend a weekend. Go to the show or don't...whatever.....whining about it doesn't support the industry.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #29
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
That is where this show started. I have gone to this show off and on for nearly 20 years. It takes 6 hours to get there from here unless you take the train. The train takes forever. I have seen major changes over the years including growing out of room, Moving to the bigger facility, the effects of a crappy economy and many more. As with most things in life it is all a matter of perspective. Depending on your perspective you may be seriously disappointed with the show. If you have any doubt go ahead and stay home, that way your ass won't be in my way. We make a weekend out of it and have always had a memorable time. It's a "Motorcycle Event" how bad can that be? There used to be a Jazzersize class under the Convention Center. One year while waiting in line for the doors to open we were standing in line outside the class windows. A bunch of us decided to get in formation and join the class from our side of the glass. It was funny as hell even after the instructor came outside and chewed our asses. Indoor Go Cart Racing is also something that has been a blast in past years. We will hit the Ice Racing this time around and seek out some great food and beers while we are there. What a horrible way to have to spend a weekend. Go to the show or don't...whatever.....whining about it doesn't support the industry.

Not whining, just stating my opinion, humbly. First world problem! I wouldn't miss it and wait for it every year. I would loved to have been in on the Jazzercise. And if you are looking for someplace for good beer, food, and a place that supports motorcyclist, check out Smarty Pants in Georgetown. See ya at the show.

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.

http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #30
Mr.Moose
Living the Adventure

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon View Post
Never been to this one. Worth the drive from Portland? Where is show located?
yes it is worth the drive. great show and over all fun event. I plan on driving up from Portland on Sunday.
Mr.Moose is offline   Reply With Quote