ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #1591
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.
 
A. T. T-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Centre of my universe
Oddometer: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr140 View Post
Ask any fan of any series what would make it better and they're always going to say closer racing.
What they really mean, if they were asked or were honest enough, is that they'd like to see "closer racing" as long as their particular favourite was out front and winning.
__________________
Archibald Tarquin Throttle-Whistle Esq.
A. T. T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #1592
Turder
Throttle engineer
 
Turder's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 459
__________________
Okay, I will be arrest.
Turder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #1593
overlandr
Temporal Shifter
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 5,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr View Post
He was a character. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khA67-r5lSQ If the current races are boring here's some history for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c19DqS127Ac
Well, what do we know - they've just made a film on the same season and duel! "Rush"

overlandr screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 08:28 PM
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #1594
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr View Post
Well, what do we know - they've just made a film on the same season and duel! "Rush"
Yeah, US fans have had had that movie force fed to us on most of this year's F1 TV broadcasts. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Can anyone name a first class movie about car racing? I'm immediately going to disqualify Le Mans and Grand Prix. Some great auto racing footage, but not good movies.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #1595
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.
 
A. T. T-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Centre of my universe
Oddometer: 4,422
Herbie goes to Monte Carlo?
__________________
Archibald Tarquin Throttle-Whistle Esq.
A. T. T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #1596
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,157
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #1597
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shocktower's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Oregon City Orygun
Oddometer: 9,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I like Massa but he really never drove as well after his accident. I'm not sure there's a cause and effect there, but the fact remains he has been disappointing. So this move was inevitable. I doubt very much he'll show more somewhere else.

I'm wondering whether Ferrari are really all that keen to pay Kimi-money on top of Alonso-money. That's a lot of money-money. Maybe they prefer a hot and cheap kid like Hulkenberg?

I disagree that F1 doesn't care about close races. Over the last decade they've spent humongous amounts of money on rules changes designed specifically to increase competitiveness.

The great leveling effect of rules changes will kick-in next year, once again. Maybe another Brawn will emerge, before the big money and Adrian Newey at Red Bull assert themselves again.

Well from being a survivor, of a TBI, it does change you, sometimes better most of the time worse. They suck and you never ever know what the out come will be, it took me 6-7 years to be some what normal, but completely different than I used to be
__________________
Alexa Drew Nov 9 1995- Oct 28th 2004 Miss you baby


'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #1598
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Can anyone name a first class movie about car racing? I'm immediately going to disqualify Le Mans and Grand Prix. Some great auto racing footage, but not good movies.
"Winning"? I am really looking forward to Rush, here is a recent review:

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/...-made-yes.html
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #1599
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
"Winning"? I am really looking forward to Rush, here is a recent review:

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/...-made-yes.html
Good review, thanks. You know, I don't think i'eve ever seen Winning. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Hope I find it soon, walking around with an eye out is dangerous.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1600
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist
 
Dilligaf0220's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Armpit Of Canuckistan
Oddometer: 4,531
Heh, it's pretty bad when I have been enjoying following an F1 video game series more than this season.
Actually some pretty fun racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEEMorNFG40
Dilligaf0220 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1601
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
Heh, it's pretty bad when I have been enjoying following an F1 video game series more than this season.
Actually some pretty fun racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEEMorNFG40
I actually watched it all, and I may watch more. Surprising.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #1602
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,129
If you want a great driver I guess you have to pay them

Quote:
"I like to race, that's the only reason why I'm here and it doesn't matter what team it is," he said. "The reasons why [I haven't been paid] you will have to ask from the team, but the reason why I left the team is purely from the money side - the thing is, I haven't got my salary.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #1603
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,157
Kimi actually sounds mature about teaming with Alonso.

Quote:
"I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work," said Raikkonen. "We are all old enough to know what we are doing, and the team is working for the right kind of things to make sure.

"If there is something then I'm sure we can talk it through. It's not like we are 20-year-old guys any more.

"I might be wrong, time will tell, but I'm pretty sure it will be good. Of course, there will be hard fights on the circuit, and sometimes things go wrong, but I'm pretty sure it will be OK."
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #1604
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,157
Now we know what happens when F1 conflicts with Premier League soccer on NBCSN.

Qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix will not air live. It will air at 1am Sunday, ET.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #1605
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist
 
Dilligaf0220's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Armpit Of Canuckistan
Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Now we know what happens when F1 conflicts with Premier League soccer on NBCSN.

Qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix will not air live. It will air at 1am Sunday, ET.
Atleast it's not golf (Canada's TSN network has bumped F1 races, or even delayed and "joined in progress" more than one race because of golf. Fuck)
Dilligaf0220 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014