Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #1081
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
and me? I hate the fact that Kimi got lapped...

Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #1082
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
It never ceases to amaze & amuse me listening to you FF be hating on Vettel non-stop. I wonder how many of you clowns have actually raced, and WON............................ANYTHING?
Is Seb a little self-absorbed? Maybe. But I bet just about anyone, at his age, in his shoes, would be acting about the same way.

CW
Can you then give us a list of EVERYTHING that YOU like & don't like so we can all be on the same page? God forbid somebody doesn't like something that you do...
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #1083
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajin Cajun View Post
Can you then give us a list of EVERYTHING that YOU like & don't like so we can all be on the same page? God forbid somebody doesn't like something that you do...
I would put brussel sprouts on the top of my "don't like" list.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #1084
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
I would put brussel sprouts on the top of my "don't like" list.

oh yeah?
I think you'll find if you saute them with a bit on pancetta you might like them more

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #1085
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

heroes & villians
Montreal 2013

Here ya go LINKY

Old 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #1086
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
It never ceases to amaze & amuse me listening to you FF be hating on Vettel non-stop. I wonder how many of you clowns have actually raced, and WON............................ANYTHING?
Is Seb a little self-absorbed? Maybe. But I bet just about anyone, at his age, in his shoes, would be acting about the same way.

CW

Awwwww, poor Seb.
It's part of the price of sporting fame.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #1087
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,462
Talking Give them Push to pass and DRS, and KERS, ABS, TC ect.

That had to be the most boring race of the season! I could care less who wins.
Aloser Ferwhino, has a better car than Vettel so does Massa, The only reason he had any success was Fat boy cheated enough to make him look good.The German is just that good! Just like Rosberg is better than Hamilton, but ole RB is gonna equal stuff out so that Lewey doesn't fill his lid with tears
Old 06-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #1088
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
made him seem a bit more likeable.
Not possible; every interview he does he interrupts whoever he is speaking to, and he is also a smug winner. Who likes that? Same reason Jorge Lorenzo is a douche.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #1089
Black7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
I remember in 2008, Vettel beating Alonso soundly in a second tier car. Sure, Alonso's a damn fine driver, but I'm calling bull-sheisse on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Vettle wins again

Nice drive by Alonso (again). Put him and Vettel in the same car and Alonso would be beating him like a red headed step child.
Black7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1090
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
Not possible; every interview he does he interrupts whoever he is speaking to, and he is also a smug winner. Who likes that? Same reason Jorge Lorenzo is a douche.

LOL... I said "a bit" ....
I probably didn't mean it

Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #1091
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. T. T-W View Post
It will be interesting to see if Red Bull continue to lobby for a tyre change now that they've shown they can win with what Pirelli have supplied.
Too late now. I believe the new rubber was tested Friday and will be used at Silverstone.

Mercedes will get a fine, maybe a points deduction. But the win will stand, I feel.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #1092
wxwax
Excited Member

I have a pathologically horrible memory, but it seems to me that the reason previous Montreal races were exciting was because of safety cars, weird tire strategies or weather. This race had none of the above and was therefore a wee bit calmer, at least at the front.

I did enjoy Alonso fighting like he didn't at Monte Carlo, and seeing Massa move up.

I felt bad for Kimi, who proved the adage that there are horses for courses, which implies the opposite, there sometimes the horse isn't meant for the course.

But overall I felt gloom because that smug sap Vettel ran away with the win and it was obvious he would by the first pit stop. The young man would be more likable, and have an improved character, were he to endure a period of sustained failure.

Make it so.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1093
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I felt bad for Kimi, who proved the adage that there are horses for courses, which implies the opposite, there sometimes the horse isn't meant for the course.
Unless, of course, it's a talking horse.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1094
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Kimi Raikkonen on his Canadian Grand Prix:
“My race didn’t start very well and then my brakes were fading with the pedal going soft; similar to the problem we had on Friday. It wasn’t ideal but at least the brakes were good enough to slow me down for the corners. Unfortunately though it meant I lost a lot of time and wasn’t able to attack, plus we lost a few seconds in the pit stop which obviously didn’t help either. Most of my race was just following the cars in front and defending from those behind, so not the most enjoyable day nor the most enjoyable result. It’s been a bad weekend, but at least we scored a few points.”

also
Quote:

Pirelli's new tires won't race in Britain

June 10, 2013

Pirelli will not race with its new rear tires at the British Grand Prix following inconclusive testing of the developments in Canada last weekend.
Formula 1's tire supplier has been looking for a solution to the delaminations that a number of drivers have suffered in the early stages of the season, and last weekend teams tried out a new specification that replaced the current steel internal belt with a Kevlar version.
If the teams had all been happy with the new rubber, then the idea was for the new specification to be raced from the British GP. But with wet weather limiting running in Montreal, and the teams that are happy with the current tires reluctant for there to be a change at all, Pirelli has decided that the new tires will not be raced at Silverstone.
Instead, Pirelli will introduce revised bonding procedures to the current tires to help ensure the tread stays attached, but may elect to trial the Kevlar-belt tires in practice again so teams can have another look.
"We are not going to race with the new tire as we did not get much of a chance to test it here [in Canada].," Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery confirmed. "We have some internal specification changes, process changes, that we think will go the full way to curing the delamination issue that we have seen. "That is good from many points of view, as it means teams will be working with the same tire they started the year with. But it is probably not good for some teams that are struggling with the front tire."
Pirelli has always insisted that although the delaminations are not good for its image, its products have never been unsafe because the tires have remained fully inflated in each incident. However, world championship leader Sebastian Vettel made it clear after his victory in Canada that his only unhappiness at the tires this season has been on safety grounds.
"The criticism we had or I expressed was not based on performance. I think it was based on safety," he said.

This article originally appeared in Autosport.com

Old 06-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #1095
wxwax
Excited Member

Well, never mind then. Thanks for the update.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan