Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
mattcfish OP
R90SS/6

Oddometer: 199
Sachse ZDG3 ignitions...Still available?

Volker Sachse died last year in a motorcycle crash. This was a great loss to the community. His products and customer service were excellent.
The company changed hands, supposedly going to Horst Patzer and his son. The Web site is still up, but appears to be unmanned. No response to emails, (Volker was so good at responding) and none of the links to installation manuals work. Have tried to locate a new site and communication info, but have not been successful.
I know that EME is using the Sachse design on there Enduraspark system for the Enduralast Alternator and the optical sensor from the ZDG3 unit on there Bosch mount system. I'm sure these are both great products.
However, they are using a different control box that does not have the performance curve options of the Sachse version and is wired in series so you can't use as wide a variety of coils as you can with the ZDG3.
Anyone know anything about the Patzer's plan to continue the business?.
mattcfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,332
Although, not a direct answer to your question........this may be a place to find an answer. Good luck.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
airhead_irl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcfish View Post
Volker Sachse died last year in a motorcycle crash. This was a great loss to the community. His products and customer service were excellent.
The company changed hands, supposedly going to Horst Patzer and his son. The Web site is still up, but appears to be unmanned. No response to emails, (Volker was so good at responding) and none of the links to installation manuals work. Have tried to locate a new site and communication info, but have not been successful.
I know that EME is using the Sachse design on there Enduraspark system for the Enduralast Alternator and the optical sensor from the ZDG3 unit on there Bosch mount system. I'm sure these are both great products.
However, they are using a different control box that does not have the performance curve options of the Sachse version and is wired in series so you can't use as wide a variety of coils as you can with the ZDG3.
Anyone know anything about the Patzer's plan to continue the business?.
Volker's wife responded to my mail in January and she said the business would re-open in late January. It seems that it did as the site was updated to show this. I have been looking at it lately for a Moto Guzzi system. Any time I looked at the installation guides, they worked fine, for the Guzzi system at least. I've just tried the installation guides for the BMW and they don't work !!
I was actually ready to order this system so I wonder what is happening ? I will send them a mail and see what happens......
airhead_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:24 AM   #4
chasbmw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead_irl View Post
Volker's wife responded to my mail in January and she said the business would re-open in late January. It seems that it did as the site was updated to show this. I have been looking at it lately for a Moto Guzzi system. Any time I looked at the installation guides, they worked fine, for the Guzzi system at least. I've just tried the installation guides for the BMW and they don't work !!
I was actually ready to order this system so I wonder what is happening ? I will send them a mail and see what happens......
The installation guide is somewhere on the site, but really difficult to find and the direct link does not work, but it has been like this for a while, since before Volker was killed. If just found it.......

http://www.elektronik-sachse.de/ZDG3..._Type/&lang=en
1971 Commando Fastback

chasbmw screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 03:29 AM
chasbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:27 AM   #5
airhead_irl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
This is the reply I got this today when I asked if they are still trading:

Hello Mark,
yes, we do. But now the business is moving to a new owner, Please contact us in march again.
Best regards
Christel Sachse
airhead_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:30 AM   #6
mattcfish OP
R90SS/6

Thanks for the answers. I have a friend who wants the system. It would also be nice to know there is a possibility to get support for mine if needed.
mattcfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #7
mattcfish OP
R90SS/6

Just got a message from Marco Patzer.
Looks like Sachse ignitions will be available soon.

-----Original Message-----
>From: Marco Patzer <info@elektronik-sachse.de>
>Sent: Feb 25, 2014 12:51 PM

>Hello Mr. Cooper,
>
>I apologise for the late response. We're still in the process of
>moving and setting everything up.
>
>We will probably be able to ship a partial selection of the product
>range in about two weeks.

Best regards
>Marco Patzer