ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #31
SST
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon
Jack/John, wish you could a made it.

My DRZ battery expired just before the ride so I had to ride the GS out and bum rides off everybody else. Got to ride a KTM 450 EXC , a Suzuki trials bike, but Grannyboy would only let me ride it in second gear (man that thing sounded kinda bad when you got it up to 30 in second gear ), a KTM 300 2 stroke which was a hoot, (Thanks Chris ) and a wrecked Honda 400 . I am going to have to use the dead battery thing more often.

That was fun but boy oh boy am I ever tired. Should be recovered in time to go again later in the week maybe Wed. evening?

Besides learning how out of shape I am in, I also learned that I need narrower bars, knee braces, kidney belt, lower tire pressure, etc...

Poonie -glad you got to do a "moto sampler ride" before you move.
Also, do you have my GPS and power cord? When do you get your 276C?
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:29 PM   #32
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,143
That was a ton of fun. I think "the farm" needs to invest in a couple of chainsaws though. Thanks for letting us come out and play. Thanks also to Chirs and Bob for the rides on something a little more manageable.

later that same day - I was shown a great new (to me) play area. Out Garth rd., past the turn to Sugar Hollow, just past Fox Mtn. rd., take a left (610?). Great dirt/fire road up the Parkway, some different loops/options, lots and lots of waterbars. All legal - so I'm told. Quiet pipes required (Bob). Mark and I are going back to explore soon - maybe Wensday?

SRG sideways
Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #33
SkylineKeith
Motorcycle Junkie

Oddometer: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG
Mark and I are going back to explore soon - maybe Wensday?
SRG sideways
Post it up if you decide to go on Wednesday. I should be available. Is this a KTM 950 or Zuk DRZ 400 type ride?
SkylineKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:07 AM   #34
SST
Lost again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG
That was a ton of fun. I think "the farm" needs to invest in a couple of chainsaws though. Thanks for letting us come out and play. Thanks also to Chirs and Bob for the rides on something a little more manageable.

later that same day - I was shown a great new (to me) play area. Out Garth rd., past the turn to Sugar Hollow, just past Fox Mtn. rd., take a left (610?). Great dirt/fire road up the Parkway, some different loops/options, lots and lots of waterbars. All legal - so I'm told. Quiet pipes required (Bob). Mark and I are going back to explore soon - maybe Wensday?

SRG sideways
Can't go Wednesday but could go today! I can slap on the stock muffler and hope the jetting is OK. Bike isn't street legal yet though and my 950 is in the shop.

I have ridden mountain bikes in the area you are talking about, I think. We roide all the way iupo to and around Pature Fence Mtn. and then up to Skyline Drive. That was 10 years ago though. Not sure it is legal for motorcycles though.
Rallymoto #165
Old 06-27-2005, 06:42 AM   #35
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,143
Bob/Chris,

For some reason I'm a little sore & tired today. I think I may wait a day or two before heading up there again. Don't you ever get enough Bob? That is the place though Bob. We saw 3 or 4 trucks w/ trailers parked at the beginning - guy we were with said they were some 4 wheeler club and to watch out for them on the trail/road. We never did see them though. The guy we were w/ said these roads were access roads built/used during the construction of the parkway and App. trail and that he has never been haseled about being there. I never saw any no tresspassing/posted/keep out signs. There were some wire gates that were all down - be careful.

Anyhow, thanks again for letting us abuse bikes and bodys at the farm and we will make a plan to ride the new spot soon. Bob/Chris what other days this week would be good for you?

S
R
G<:::::::

PS - Road/trail is only moderately difficult. Not too much first gear stuff and all 4 wheeler wide. Doable on a 950 maybe more fun on the 400?

SRG screwed with this post 06-27-2005 at 07:32 AM
SRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:58 PM   #36
SST
Lost again...

Anybody (Poonie ) have any photos from Sunday's "Dirt Bike Sampler" ride at The Farm?
Rallymoto #165