ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #496
alcontrast OP
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,508
he has some high quality knee guards/braces.. It was probably a twist or compression sort of thing more than a direct hit but I'm just speculating. Matt and Calvin didn't tumble which is probably good but when I came back (I was up ahead) they were both still laying on the ground and the two bikes were essentially spooning each other in the trail; the XR650 was sort of on top of the Husaberg but the XR's front wheel was tucked under the husa's front wheel.

matt broke an aluminum ram mount clamp for one of his DoubleTake mirrors and the broken aluminum part was around 20 feet further down the trail than the bikes/guys were.. They were definitely moving with some speed..

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #497
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
home from the hospital.. got there at 4:30.. go home at midnight.. fun times. So I have a broken Tibia Plateau .. in a leg immobilizer and on crutches.. I probably wont be riding again while I am here in RI.. that sucks... maybe you can all come over for a BBQ before I leave for good. The fracture is not displaced so wont require surgery,, but could take a few weeks to heal.. I will have a CT Scan tomorrow... this could make my move across the country interesting

mrt10x screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 08:03 AM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #498
alcontrast OP
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,508
sorry to hear about the fracture but real glad to hear it won't require surgery. I'm still impressed with the under the helmet forehead bruises though.. That takes a good bit of force...

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #499
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,738
Sounds like you got off easy, at least you didn't tear up your knee joint.

.........and now you got plenty of idle time for that moving sale you wanted to have.

Someone got this on video..... Right?!!

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #500
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Crashing sucks, if you need help gimmi a yell, my kid just went to FL with gramps and suddenly I have plenty of free time

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
I'm still impressed with the under the helmet forehead bruises though.. That takes a good bit of force...
Those are from pounding his head on the wall... while waiting in ER
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #501
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 565
That sucks. Heal up fast!
The Trips
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #502
Twilight Error
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATPOC View Post
Crashing sucks, if you need help gimmi a yell, my kid just went to FL with gramps and suddenly I have plenty of free time

Those are from pounding his head on the wall... while waiting in ER
2nd that. I'm on 2nd shift, so my mornings are usually pretty open. If you need anything (electron herding...) gimmie a shout.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #503
WAP
Weekday Warrior

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
home from the hospital.. got there at 4:30.. go home at midnight.. fun times. So I have a broken Tibia Plateau .. in a leg immobilizer and on crutches.. I probably wont be riding again while I am here in RI.. that sucks... maybe you can all come over for a BBQ before I leave for good.
Damn! Sorry to hear about your little off there Matt. But chicks dig scars from what I hear. You throw a bbq, I'll bring your choice of beer!
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #504
SuperCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Hey Matt, good to see you made it home ok, not bad being a fracture, bones heal up way better and quicker than muscles and joints. Sorry we had the crash in the first place, with the trail being wide like that I should have expected you to pass me (heck if you were in front of me I probably would have tried to pass you, Lol).

Anyway aside from being sore and a few bruises I survived it ok (I guess), and other than the fairing being cracked and the support structure twisted the bike did ok.

Heal up quick

Calvin
2008 Honda CRF50 based pitbike
1986 Honda ATC250sx trike
SuperCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #505
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 451
Dam Matt ! Sorry to hear about the crash. That head shot is one for the wall of fame (or shame). Lets all put that BBQ together . Heal fast MrT.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #506
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,527
What helmet were you wearing? Thank goodness for that helmet huh? Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I wanted to go with you guys but got caught up with baseball All Stars. Holler if you need anything at all. Terry has got the flight attendants, Redbeard has got the beach bikini girls, and Al and I can get them East Hampton carnie little people for a good party! .
Old 06-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #507
CBejbl
Chrome

Oddometer: 829
Ouch Matt! Very sorry to hear of the get-off. Heal up and look forward to seeing you at a cookout before you bug out.

Do you need anything???
CBejbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #508
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
I was wearing my Scott Helmet..cant remember the exact model.. but their top of the line helmet from a couple years ago.. I havent taken a close look at it since I got back.. I will do that tomorrow after I talk with the orthopedic surgeon.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #509
lester3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
ouch

matt, get well soon!!!!
lester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #510
Twilight Error
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I was wearing my Scott Helmet..cant remember the exact model.. but their top of the line helmet from a couple years ago.. I havent taken a close look at it since I got back.. I will do that tomorrow after I talk with the orthopedic surgeon.
Surgeon?

Are you talking possible upgrades, or just a progress check?
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote