ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #511
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
Well the Ortho Docs on base are all surgeons.. so that is who we go to.. Update is confirmed broken tibia plateau, but no displacement. The surgeon actually said that if it was displaced, and he had to operate, he would be lucky to get it into the position it currently sits, 1mm depressed. So no surgery. Six weeks on crutches, but I can bend it, which makes life much easier.... seriously next time you have to sit on the can try it with one of your legs sticking straight out For all you voyeurs in the room, see below... I was totally trumped by Ken's fracture/surgery over in the Pachaug thread though.. rat bastard

mrt10x screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 11:30 AM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #512
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Well the Ortho Docs on base are all surgeons.. so that is who we go to.. Update is confirmed broken tibia plateau, but no displacement. The surgeon actually said that if it was displaced, and he had to operate, he would be lucky to get it into the position it currently sits, 1mm depressed. So no surgery. Six weeks on crutches, but I can bend it, which makes life much easier.... seriously next time you have to sit on the can try it with one of your legs sticking straight out For all you voyeurs in the room, see below... I was totally trumped by Ken's fracture/surgery over in the Pachaug thread though.. rat bastard

What are we supposed to see here. Is it the circle (is that the kneecap)on the top bone, or the vertical line in the bone below?
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #513
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
What are we supposed to see here. Is it the circle (is that the kneecap)on the top bone, or the vertical line in the bone below?

Sorry..this is a 3D CT Scan image..so the circle is the knee cap.. the break is on the Y looking bone below.. it is the crack on the left side of the knee.. right side as you look at it... Ill draw an arrow and replace the pic.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #514
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,502
Quote:
Sorry..this is a 3D CT Scan image..so the circle is the knee cap.. the break is on the Y looking bone below.. it is the crack on the left side of the knee.. right side as you look at it... Ill draw an arrow and replace the pic.
That really is good news.

If you're interested, I've got a pair of Canadian crutches you can borrow. They're A LOT easier to get around on than the armpit style, which tend to turn your armpits into hamburger after a couple hours.

I'll be able to pick them up tomorrow, so let me know if you'd like 'em.

Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #515
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Sorry..this is a 3D CT Scan image..
That's an amazing image. Almost like StarTrek stuff.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #516
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
I wish I didn't out do you. Nice 3d Pict.I was hoping someone would have something that would put my weight above the brake.I guess no one has invited anything like that yet.
Ken F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #517
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post

.I was hoping someone would have something that would put my weight above the break.
I guess no one has invented anything like that yet.

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #518
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

A big shout out to Al who picked me up out of the dirt, pushed me up on my bike so I could limp it out to the road, rode to our trucks, left his bike there, grabbed his truck, came back and got me and my bike.. took me to my truck, loaded my bike onto my carrier and sent me on my way.. a ton of effort, and much appreciated. I found weeds and dirt stuck in the helmet, and the mouth piece/vent broke completely off the helmet.. so I clearly spent some time skidding on my face I thought Al took some pics??

Some of the Marines I work with came over today and got all three bikes loaded into the trailer, and helped me get started on organizing all my crap.. good to be part of that brotherhood.

I think I am going to have to come back next spring for the first camp n ride.. no way I can depart the area without another ride with you FF's.

mrt10x screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 07:31 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #519
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=bomber1965;21747929]

I would love to try.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #520
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,399
How are you supposed to hit the rear brake wearing that thing?
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #521
alcontrast OP
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
A big shout out to Al who picked me up out of the dirt, pushed me up on my bike so I could limp it out to the road, rode to our trucks, left his bike there, grabbed his truck, came back and got me and my bike.. took me to my truck, loaded my bike onto my carrier and sent me on my way..
I'd do all that for a stranger...

Peeling off your wet sweaty sock after your riding boots were removed was my selfless act for the day!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #522
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
How are you supposed to hit the rear brake wearing that thing?
Its my left leg so I would need an automatic.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #523
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 718
Now that I have the harbor freight trailer...

Do you use a ramp, 2x4, or roll it on to get it on and off the trailer...

I sure someone has perfect the technique by now...
Old 06-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #524
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

pop-a-wheelie
Old 06-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #525
alcontrast OP
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
I bought a set of these litttle ramp ends for 2x8's.. or maybe 2x6's? Pretty cheap and simple.

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote