ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #886
cheesebot
I cheesebot
 
cheesebot's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
Nice. It's got a Pompeii look going with the column base there.
Big too...you're gonna need more bikes.
the kerosene heater will henceforth be known as Vesuvius

and don't worry, I'll take more pics when the rest of the bikes are in...
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #887
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly
 
Twilight Error's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: The Submarine Mines
Oddometer: 22,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebot View Post
the kerosene heater will henceforth be known as Vesuvius

and don't worry, I'll take more pics when the rest of the bikes are in...
Pompeii in Providence!
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #888
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"
 
Rusty Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Northcentral CT
Oddometer: 8,266
check this

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=10422
__________________
In the beginning, there was nothing. Even That exploded
2009 DR650
..1972 Penton Six-Days ..1971 Suzuki TS185.. 2005 KTM 400exc
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #889
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go
 
Drewha's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tolland,Ct
Oddometer: 493
I stopped in at Wagner BMW/Ducati/Husqvarna/Indian in Woostah wed. nite, and they are adding KTM to the mix. Bikes will be arriving next week. Get your orange on !
__________________
08 Husqvarna TE 610
04 Ducati ST3
Drewha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #890
akarob
Green Cantern
 
akarob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Skuncasville, CT
Oddometer: 7,329
They just came to Waterford CT too.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #891
jgormley
Studly Adventurer
 
jgormley's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Lincoln, RI
Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
They just came to Waterford CT too.
Are they converting Husqvarna dealers to KTM?
__________________
My YouTube
jgormley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #892
akarob
Green Cantern
 
akarob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Skuncasville, CT
Oddometer: 7,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgormley View Post
Are they converting Husqvarna dealers to KTM?
I was referring to Motorsprts Nation, fairly new to the location by the theaters in Waterford. They had a large inventory already, and now have KTM. I don't think they had Husky. They to make Manchester Honda look like a closet though. Both the location in Waterford and the one in Plainfield have huge inventories.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #893
bustedsprocket
Adventurer
 
bustedsprocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Roaming CT
Oddometer: 89
I bought three bikes in the past two years at Motosport's nation in Waterford, I highly recommend dealing with this company. Scott and Ryan are always trying to take first class care of their customers.
bustedsprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #894
akarob
Green Cantern
 
akarob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Skuncasville, CT
Oddometer: 7,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebot View Post

I can't find any pics of Al's Gouda...
Don't worry, I know the shop that sells it. Its the little magic crystals that really make it. Quite unique.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #895
alcontrast OP
at least I'm trying
 
alcontrast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: central CT, USA
Oddometer: 1,538
I picked up a half pound of the aged Gouda just a few days ago.. It's crazy how different it is from a standard Gouda. Those magic crystals need a few years to develop and really enhance the flavor!

Motorsports Nation being a KTM dealer may very well lead to my drinking the orange Kool-aid... Even if it's not a woods bike.. For trail riding I think KTM will be my next small bike but for my big bike I'd love to upgrade from my beat up F650 to a 990adv like Rob's. In the past the KTM dealers were always way out of the way for me so it was less enticing. I pass the Waterford CT Motorsports Nation location at least several times a week so the urge to shop KTM will be a lot harder to ignore...

Speaking of shopping I was hunting around for cheap houses in south eastern CT tonight and one came up that had this very near by...
http://goo.gl/maps/WBdME
That has to be a backyard MX track unless it's maybe a course for rally cars or similar? Either way we should find a way to befriend the owner! It looks like fun no matter what it was built for...
__________________

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:45 AM   #896
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer
 
MATPOC's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Providence, near Hope
Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
That has to be a backyard MX track unless it's maybe a course for rally cars or similar? Either way we should find a way to befriend the owner! It looks like fun no matter what it was built for...
That looks like 3 separate tracks!
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #897
bustedsprocket
Adventurer
 
bustedsprocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Roaming CT
Oddometer: 89
I grew up with the family that owne's that track.. they had a smaller one in Coventry until they upgraded to this.. it's set up well with varried terrain from sand to mud and most inbetween..

Hint.. the family also operates this business locally, http://www.xpromx.com/services.html, so getting some work done may be your ticket in..

ANyway here is Billy, the property owner's son on the pictured above track..

bustedsprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #898
bustedsprocket
Adventurer
 
bustedsprocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Roaming CT
Oddometer: 89
Oooh.. BTW the other track is a fully lit mini track.. search some other youtube videos of his to see that too..
bustedsprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #899
bomber1965
Duel
 
bomber1965's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post

Speaking of shopping I was hunting around for cheap houses in south eastern CT tonight and one came up that had this very near by...

http://goo.gl/maps/WBdME

Either way we should find a way to befriend the owner! It looks like fun no matter what it was built for...



http://start.cortera.com/company/res...rcycle-perfor/



http://www.xpromx.com/home.html




edit,.........bustedsproket beat me to it.


bomber1965 screwed with this post 01-11-2014 at 11:19 AM
bomber1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #900
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer
 
Happy Seal's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: CT.
Oddometer: 2,536
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
I picked up a half pound of the aged Gouda just a few days ago.. It's crazy how different it is from a standard Gouda. Those magic crystals need a few years to develop and really enhance the flavor!

Motorsports Nation being a KTM dealer may very well lead to my drinking the orange Kool-aid... Even if it's not a woods bike.. For trail riding I think KTM will be my next small bike but for my big bike I'd love to upgrade from my beat up F650 to a 990adv like Rob's. In the past the KTM dealers were always way out of the way for me so it was less enticing. I pass the Waterford CT Motorsports Nation location at least several times a week so the urge to shop KTM will be a lot harder to ignore...

Speaking of shopping I was hunting around for cheap houses in south eastern CT tonight and one came up that had this very near by...
http://goo.gl/maps/WBdME
That has to be a backyard MX track unless it's maybe a course for rally cars or similar? Either way we should find a way to befriend the owner! It looks like fun no matter what it was built for...
Interesting find Al.
__________________
with his videos I've been able to crash into trees even faster than before. ( Darius re Shane Watts)
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014