Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #316
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 660
Menard door slammed the 99 on the restart and spun his wore out tires. Edwards couldn't slow or the whole field would have wadded up. He did what he is supposed to do.

The Clint spin, on the other hand,

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
So Bowyer finally gets even with Jeff Gordon, gets Truex in the chase and will forever be known as a cheater...classy.

Edwards jumps the start, Kurt should have been the winner, but no black flag for Edwards...NASCAR is now even with Kurt Busch? They owed him, but they threw away any credibility they had left?

What a joke.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #317
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
Menard door slammed the 99 on the restart and spun his wore out tires. Edwards couldn't slow or the whole field would have wadded up. He did what he is supposed to do.

That isn't what they told five time, cuzzin' Carl seems to get away with quite a bit...wonder who he is related to?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #318
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

I felt Jimmy was screwed when he had to do a drive through after his so called restart jump.

I'd much rather see the drivers just stand on it once the green flag is in the air.

But, the 2 wide restart shit is the villain in my mind, and people will routinely bitch about restarts until they go back to lead lap cars on the high side and lap down cars on the inside. There's always hope.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #319
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
So Bowyer finally gets even with Jeff Gordon, gets Truex in the chase and will forever be known as a cheater...classy.

Edwards jumps the start, Kurt should have been the winner, but no black flag for Edwards...NASCAR is now even with Kurt Busch? They owed him, but they threw away any credibility they had left?

What a joke.
That was complete bullshit.

Did you see the interview with Jr.? He couldn't believe that Boyer did what he did. Then Boyer claims that Jr. turned him with a straight face. That was the worst lie on live TV ever. Definitely a big black eye for MWR Boyer and Vickers.

I disagree on the restart though. At first, I saw it as you but, on closer examination Menard beat Edwards out of the restart zone and began the acceleration but, rubbed Edwards and spun his tires. Not Edwards fault. Not that I like it but, he really won the race IMO.

Think NASCAR will actually do something?
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #320
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I felt Jimmy was screwed when he had to do a drive through after his so called restart jump.

I'd much rather see the drivers just stand on it once the green flag is in the air.

But, the 2 wide restart shit is the villain in my mind, and people will routinely bitch about restarts until they go back to lead lap cars on the high side and lap down cars on the inside. There's always hope.
I think it would be much better now if they would clearly mark the "Restart zone" for the spectators. It is just a couple hash marks on the side of the track and is really hard to see as it is now.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #321
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
I think it would be much better now if they would clearly mark the "Restart zone" for the spectators. It is just a couple hash marks on the side of the track and is really hard to see as it is now.

I like the double file restarts, but I don't like the restart "zone". I'd rather see the pace car safe and off the track with the green flag in the air. On the other hand a single file restart lets the leader get to the stripe first unless they really screw up bad, then it's obvious. Like JR says, "They got all that technology."... hold them to pace speed until the green light 'lectronically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
That was complete bullshit.

Did you see the interview with Jr.? He couldn't believe that Boyer did what he did. Then Boyer claims that Jr. turned him with a straight face. That was the worst lie on live TV ever. Definitely a big black eye for MWR Boyer and Vickers.

I disagree on the restart though. At first, I saw it as you but, on closer examination Menard beat Edwards out of the restart zone and began the acceleration but, rubbed Edwards and spun his tires. Not Edwards fault. Not that I like it but, he really won the race IMO.

Think NASCAR will actually do something?

Yeah, JR was pretty impressed that Bowyer could drive that bad.

You might be right on the Carl/Menard start...I was so busy rootin' for Kurt that I might have missed the sequence there.

NASCAR had better do something and something big because this series is doomed if they keep making a mockery out of it. I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, but the stands didn't look full to me.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #322
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 3,985
I was watching some of the Richmond race with my 87 year old father last weekend and he said he didn't care to watch cars go around in circles but really liked bike races where the guys drag their knees and dirt bikes went off of big jumps....Years ago I too him to the Tampa Supercross when Jeremy McGrath won. He loved it!
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #323
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

NASCAR boots Truex from the Chase

The full text of the NASCAR press release:

"NASCAR has issued penalties to Michael Waltrip Racing following the sanctioning body’s review of Saturday’s race at Richmond International Raceway.

"MWR was found to have violated Section 12-4 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing). As a result, MWR’s three teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (No. 15, 55, 56) have been penalized with the loss of 50 championship driver and 50 championship owner points, respectively.
"These point penalties are assessed following the season’s 26th regular season race and not after the seeding for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Therefore, the point total for the No. 56 car driven by Martin Truex Jr. is reduced to 691, putting him in 17th position and eliminating him from the second Wild Card berth for the Chase field. Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 39 car, now moves up into the Chase as the second Wild Card participant.

"NASCAR has also fined the MWR organization $300,000 and indefinitely suspended Ty Norris, MWR Executive Vice President/General Manager and spotter for the No. 55 car, for violating Section 12-4. The three crew chiefs – Brian Pattie (No. 15), Scott Miller (No. 55) and Chad Johnston (No. 56) – have all been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
“' Based upon our review of Saturday night’s race at Richmond, it is our determination that the MWR organization attempted to manipulate the outcome of the race,' ” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. “As the sport’s sanctioning body, it is our responsibility to ensure there is a fair and level playing field for all of our competitors, and this action today reflects our commitment to that.”

From: http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-090913#!iETMN

--------------------------------------------

Did they forget about Gordon? Seems to me that if they do this to Truex Jr. they need to reseed Logano to his 25th place in the race and give the 10th Chase Spot to Gordon.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #324
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,745
“' Based upon our review of Saturday night’s race at Richmond, it is our determination that the MWR organization attempted to manipulate the outcome of the race,' ” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. “As the sport’s sanctioning body, it is our responsibility to ensure there is a fair and level playing field for all of our competitors, and this action today reflects our commitment to that.”

Fair and level, as we see it.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #325
mflora98ss
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 250
It's awesome to see Ryan Newman get in the chase, but it sucks to see Truex get penalized for something he didn't directly do.
mflora98ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #326
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,257
Good for NASCAR for trying to make things right. I didn't see the race, but if it was as obvious as what most make it out to be, they needed to come down hard.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #327
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

The coming weekend will not be a happy place for Bowyer.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #328
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 1,908
Damn.. I sure picked the wrong race to miss :/

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #329
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
It's awesome to see Ryan Newman get in the chase, but it sucks to see Truex get penalized for something he didn't directly do.

Yup and if Truex had one ounce of integrity he would quit that team...right now, quitting would make a statement that he isn't a cheater...he'd be picked up right quick by another team.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #330
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,777
First off let me be clear I despise Michael Waltrip!

What would Martin Truex gain by quitting his team? Who would pick him up? Hendricks is full, Stewart-Haas is full (or will be), Childress only worries about funding for the Dillon boys, Gibbs might be a possibility.

But to quit a job making 3 Million plus a year for going fast and turning left for something he didn't do? Nah he will stay put and remind Michael Waltrip and Ty Norris he was in the chase until they screwed it up.

Now if I was the powers at be at NAPA I would run a black car the rest of the year and leave Michael Waltrip as quick as I could.
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote