Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #331
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
Fox Sports is reporting that on Sat. Night the #38 team of Gilliand and the #22 team of Logano had improper communications.

Just a headline, details to follow....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...int-cup-091113
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #332
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Gordon added to Chase as 13th driver

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-091313#!jfjDV

After nearly a week of deliberation, NASCAR made the unprecedented decision Friday to add the four-time champion to the 2013 Chase for the Championship field.

"Due to the totality of the events that were outside of Jeff Gordons issues, were going to add a 13th position to the field and Jeff Gordon will qualify for the championship this year, NASCAR Chairman Brian France said in an afternoon press conference. We believe that looking at all of it that there were too many things that altered the event and a gave an unfair disadvantage to Jeff and his team who would have qualified.

I have the authority to do that, we are going to do that. Its an unprecedented and extraordinary thing, but its also an unprecedented and extraordinary set of circumstances that unfolded in multiple different ways on Saturday night. We believe this is the right outcome to protect the integrity which is our number one goal of NASCAR.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #333
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,210
Awesome! He better make use of it!

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #334
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,977
Quote:
We believe this is the right outcome to protect the integrity which is our number one goal of NASCAR..

RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #335
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I second that motion.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #336
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,143
So if there was only one innocent person at MWR it was Truex but he is the only one on the team paying a real price by getting thrown out of the chase. Nascar changes the format of the chase to allow a thirteenth car because teams worked together to get their guy in by keeping Gordon out. Nascar didn't see this coming when they allowed this to basically turn into a four team sport? No wonder the stands were empty at the Chicago race last night, too bad because because you have to watch the trucks to see racing like it used to be.
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #337
EKIN
Just Do It

Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-091313#!jfjDV

I have the authority to do that, we are going to do that. Its an unprecedented and extraordinary thing, but its also an unprecedented and extraordinary set of circumstances that unfolded in multiple different ways on Saturday night. We believe this is the right outcome to protect the integrity which is our number one goal of NASCAR.
As a fan I have the authority to tell you just how F'd up the sport of Nascar has become the last few years.

The people behind the scenes with these teams know how to find every advantage. If I was a owner depending on every sponsor dollar, no doubt I would be looking for every advantage. Nascar created this crap trying to make the racing more exciting. Why would we as fans expect anything less from what transpired last week? This sport is searching for ways to keep fans. We all know the chase has been a major disappointment. If it worked they would not keep changing the chase every year. I hate to see this crap in what once was the sport I arranged my weekends around. Rant over...

Now back to Moto GP!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #338
mflora98ss
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 332
The chase should only be for 12 cars, not 13. They should have booted the 22 car if they were gonna add the 24. It sucks for Truex that wasn't directly involved and got penalized. Bottom line is Logano shouldn't have gotten in after cheating.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #339
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,796
It all Started from the Clint Bower spin. If he wouldn't of looped it on direction of his crew chief none of the drama would of happened.

I feel NASCAR took so long to act on the Penske Front Row issue because they never uncovered anything from the Penske camp with the request to let Joey by, but it is pretty well understood they did.

I do give Brian France credit for his statement basically saying We/I am doing this because I can. In other words its his ball his rules. Mike Helton stayed away from that statement and action.

In 5 races all everyone is going to be talking about is the Matt Kenseth, Jimmy Johnson Battle for the cup. NASCAR is going to be so strict on Clint Bowers and Joey Lagono cars they won't be competitive, and Kyle Bush will self destruct again. Maybe Kevin Harvick will surprise me and run away with it but probably not.
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #340
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
The chase should only be for 12 cars, not 13. They should have booted the 22 car if they were gonna add the 24. It sucks for Truex that wasn't directly involved and got penalized. Bottom line is Logano shouldn't have gotten in after cheating.
Yes, they should have booted the 22. 13 cars in a 12-car chase? They have really lost credibility. NASCAR is becoming WWF with motors.

And Jeff should have turned it down instead of telling the world that he "deserves it" and has "earned it."
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #341
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie View Post
What would Martin Truex gain by quitting his team?

Integrity, I don't expect him to work there for much longer if he has any.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #342
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
And Jeff should have turned it down instead of telling the world that he "deserves it" and has "earned it."
Don't know if I agree with that. IMO he (Gordon) did deserve it, in that he actually raced well enough to make it in and only when others conspired, by letting off and allowing Logano by, did he miss out.

I really didn't agree with Nascar's initial penaly/fines. I don't think they went far enough. Boyer wasn't affected and their response about Gordon/Logano was that they didn't want to look at the trickle down affects.

Gordon wasn't a trickle down affect. He was the affected car. Vickers pitted just for Logano's benefit. Boyer pitted just for Logano's benefit. Both of those were to guarantee that Truex got in also, which is why the MWR team did it.

That is direcly affecting Gordon and manipulative.

I think that there is something deep between Roger Penske and Brian France that precludes Logano from being dropped to keep the Chase to 12 drivers.

If you were in Gordon's shoes, would you really turn down millions of bonus money and the chance to be the years champ? I don't really think you would given the opportunity...
Old 09-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #343
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Boyer pitted just for Logano's benefit.

Don't forget the fake spin.

I'm a Gordon fan, but I was really hoping he would be left out of the chase...I wanted to see him stuff Bowyer in the wall for the next ten races.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #344
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,038
Cry

Nascar died when Dale Sr died. It's just been flopping around.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #345
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Don't forget the fake spin.

I'm a Gordon fan, but I was really hoping he would be left out of the chase...I wanted to see him stuff Bowyer in the wall for the next ten races.
There is that, and the #38/#22 issue that I also didn't mention.

I was just wondering who, if anybody, takes out Boyer.

There is a new article in USA Today about Truex Jr.'s opinion and at the bottom is a quote by Kasey Kane that I really liked, ""I know what you're supposed to do and what you're not, and I don't understand why it's so difficult," he said. "I think we all know where it started at Richmond, and I just don't understand all the rest."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...acing/2811639/

While listening to the in-car audio of Vickers, Gilliand and Boyer you could tell who knew what they were supposed to do and questioned the directions given by the crew chief/spotter. The only one who didn't second guess those directions was Boyer. He is the one who lost my respect. To be honest, I don't really like Vickers, especially the way he drives. (I counted 7 cautions caused by him alone in the Bristol race from last year). Even he questioned the direction given to pit, slow, spin, etc....

Uller screwed with this post 09-14-2013 at 02:30 PM